It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO cult' infiltrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ALIEN NATION
'UFO cult' infiltrated
Filmmaker secretly documents Raelians to expose 'brainwashing, sexual coercion'

A young filmmaker says he infiltrated the UFO cult known as the Raelians, and he's looking to blow the lid off the secretive group with footage he shot while undercover.

The Raelians are reportedly threatening legal action to prevent release of the exposé

The documentary was produced by Abdullah Hashem, a half-American, half-Egyptian man from Mooresville, Ind., who just graduated from college this year.

Hashem, along with colleague Joe McGowen, attended a recruiting session for the Raelians, an international group which believes the first human beings were cloned by aliens who visited the Earth in flying saucers 25,000 years ago. They contend these aliens, or Elohim – a Hebrew word referring to God – will return to Jerusalem when there is world peace and an embassy has been built for them.

The group is headed by Frenchman Claude Vorilhon, a former race-car driver and journalist who renamed himself Rael after supposedly being visited in 1973 by a member of the Elohim. He described his visitor as being about 3-feet tall with long black hair, almond-shaped eyes, olive skin and exuding "harmony and humor."

LINK

"We were afraid of them and that they would find out," Hashem said. "Some of the leaders didn't trust us or talk to us, and one of the top guys seemed to be following us. I'm not sure that he was, but he would show up in odd places like when we were in Vegas on our own time."

Hashem says his film contains highly damaging evidence, and the Raelians have since discovered the secret filming, reportedly calling and sending e-mails with threats of legal action should the movie be released.

Can anyone say nuts? Crazy? Looped?

This would actually be entertaining to watch I would think.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is an odd group and it would be interesting to get a bit of an inside look.
I remember a woman from this group being interviewed on CNN a year or so ago. She was making claims of creating the first human clone but would not give any information so that it could be independantly verified.

These claims kept the group in the media spotlight for a few weeks and then they went off the radar when the claims could not be backed up.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Brainwashing and sexual coercion; where can I get tickets?

I really admire documentary fimlmakers, especially when they infiltrate a secret place. Like Jones did in Bohemian Grove.

Iv'e always thought the Raelians were an intresting bunch as are all cults that get taken in by a charismatic leader. Interesting in a socio/anthro kind of way.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
aww come on, sux that the guy have his picture shown everywhere now, espcially on this forum, now every raeliean on this message board is gonna hunt him down, I want to see this video, i knew there was something fishy going on.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Raelians have been in Quebec for many years and have been in the news many times
I have posted on this group a few times

war on terror a la Raelian

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This group even had a photo spread done in Playboy last year

take a look atheir homepage www.rael.org...

On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial human being was a little over four feet tall, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin, and exuded harmony and humor. Rael recently described him by saying quite simply, "If he were to walk down a street in Japan, he would not even be noticed." In other words, they look like us, and we look like them. In fact, we were created "in their image" as explained in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does "Rael" look like Rufus from Bill and Ted...

"Be excellent to each other, and Party On Dudes!"

A cult is a cult. No doubt they use the standard tactics of repetitive chants, isolation from loved ones, disassociation from material wealth, and sleep deprivation, brain-washing, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
check out an excerpt from one of the E-books on the Raelian Movement Website.

"The human being is linked by his/her receptors, the senses, to the infinite which surrounds and composes him/her. By developing one's sensuality, one develops one's capacity to feel connected with the infinite, to feel infinite oneself.

Sensual Meditation is the "instruction manual" given to us to teach us how to master the harmonizing possibilities within the brain, by those best placed to know, those who designed the human being. Allowing one to deprogram the Judeo-Christian inhibitions of guilt, while at the same time not falling into the ethereal mysticisms of the Eastern teachings, Sensual Meditation allows the human to discover his/her body and especially to learn how to use it to enjoy sounds, colors, smells, tastes, caresses, and particularly a sexuality felt with all one's senses, so as to experience the cosmic orgasm, infinite and absolute, which illuminates the mind by linking the one who reaches it with the universes he/she is composed of and composes."

Now I'd love to experience a cosmic orgasm but not from raelians
The sexual coercion seems quite a possiblity

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sex has long been associated with spirituality, and becoming closer to one's diety, so hardly surprising....

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How is it that they have been infiltrated or even needed to be.
They have been laughed at for decades. Remember the ClonAid crapola a few years ago? They were the ones that had / have claimed that they had cloned humans. I beleive that they said that there were three baibies that they had cloned. When the world started to demand some kind of proof the news went promptly to the File 13 arena as being BS.
A mean common now just how good of a "cult" can they be when their leader is an ex-racecar driver who is visited by the Raelians. I am so surpirsed that people still "follow" him and his rantings. He must be somehting akin to another David Karesh or James Jones

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I never join cults that have one of the below factors:

1. People are wearing robes all the time
  2. The leader is a fat man with a large beard
  3. The leader gives you new sneakers
  4. All the members are poor and he leader is rich
  5. Cult keeps pushing "doomsday" after the date has passed
  6. The leader which is a born and raised in the UK, takes a indian name and starts to speak with an indian accent
  7. The leader asks you out to the park to throw frisbee, only to take pictures all the time...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
"I'm not a religious nut, but according to my beliefs, when people wear shirts that say there is no God, I have to do something," Hashem told the Mooresville-Decatur Times.

I guess they had no choice but to go public with the story. On one end they may fear for their lives because of the discussions they have had with the Raelians, on the other end the press is giving them a lot of free publicity to market this and make a little cash

If his biggest concern is getting the "truth" out, I wish he would have posted this documentary up for free on the web. Get the word out quick while you can before someone prevents you from doing it.

So is it for the truth, the money, or both? Does it matter?

I want to see this movie.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

A mean common now just how good of a "cult" can they be when their leader is an ex-racecar driver who is visited by the Raelians.

Germany was once led by an ex-house painter with genocidal tendancies... Never underestimate crazy people and their ability to sway the masses when telling them what they want to hear...

Just a point to consider.... Scientology is another "cult" that is becoming more mainstream, due largely to it's wacky celebrity clientelle....

top topics

join