It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help recalling something from the "Bermuda Triangle" days of the 70's...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok, I need "OLD" folks responses here lol, 42 or above. Been on the internet since 93' trying to find more about this deal. So, here goes...

First I live in Florida (Cocoa Beach - always have). In the early 1970's during a "Call In talk show" from Fort Lauderdale the D.J. was focusing on the ever so popular UFO wave there ( Triangle region). After several mundane calls from "ordinary" people, one caller called that was very strange. This person had a weird voice (I can't describe) and made the claims about who "They" where and what they where up too. Man it was one freaky voice and he answered all the interviewers questions. I was way too young to remember any details other then this "Stuck out". Got a lot of media attention for just a few day. I can't find any details on this and am sorry I am so sketchy on this. If any of you out there are old enough to remember and have any links or other info, I would be obliged.
Thanks,
Vance

PS,
I grew up in Cocoa Beach in the days of Mercury, Gemini and apollo not to even mention the Shuttle. Have seen so many "UFO's" I can't even begin to report them trough out the years lol. Here us ole "River Rats" ( a term we use to identify us country boys you might associate with "Hill Billies" in your area ) have seen the strange things in the skies for years.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OOH ! What did this strange caller say then? What was the Triangle all about? Was he ailen or something else?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you remember what station it was? That might help a bit.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wanted to gived this a bump, see if I can catch anything else about it. Sorry the details where so sketchy, It was along time ago. The DJ was talking about the Devils triangle at the time.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Wanted to gived this a bump, see if I can catch anything else about it. Sorry the details where so sketchy, It was along time ago. The DJ was talking about the Devils triangle at the time.
Thanks,
Vance

Vance, i vaguely remember this, and don't remember too many details of it. I was only 4 in 1974 when my uncle introduced me to alot of ideas. I was living in Illinois, but i do remember an interview from a radio station, but i don't remember any details other than my uncle being "hyped up" about it.

I don't know if it is the same incident, but the scenario is similiar, but allas, i was a youngling and remember little details about it, sorry.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I saw an old show about the bermuda triangle on the history channel that talked about that call. I don't remember the name of the show but I do remember that it was narrated by leonard nemoy. I don't know if this helps but it might give you a lead.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Found it.

www.videosoftheunknown.com...

This is the whole episode. The call is featured about 12:00 minutes in.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Is that dude in the video Sprock from Star Trek?

anyway the caller kind of suggest that if its real, the triangle has a worm hole that opens up on occasions.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

this web page by PBS states that the mythic bermuda/devils triangle got
its birth in 1964.

i don't recall any particular radio show in the 70's, local or syndicated,
that did topics like this on a steady basis...

about the most fringe story about the bermuda triangle i can think of is that there is an wandering anomaly in the region that is something like a wormhole,
and that alien craft use it as a sort of stargate.
back around that era, ole Ruth Montgomery and Jeane Dixon, both psychics weaved ideas about the bermuda triangle...
it was fertile ground for new and sometimes outrageous tales of supernatural activity

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow!! I have been wondering about this for many years. I lived in S. Fla. all my younger life and recall it well. It was creepy as hell at the time.

When I read the title of this post I KNEW exact;y what the subject was going to be..I really did. Glad that the OP did it, cause I would have sooner or later!!

new topics

top topics

join