It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry McAuliffe "Hillary may drop out"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I guess Pirro is putting so much pressure on Hillary that she might just drop out of the NY Senate race in 2006.

Pirro will force her to state if she is going to run for President. If Hillary says no, she will proved a liar. If Hillary says yes, she will lose the Senate race.

Former DNC leader Terry "Worldcom" McAuliffe is predicting she will drop out of the Senate race.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That article is one of the most logically impaired things I'v ever read.

Terry McAuliffe's prediction came 18 MONTHS before Pirro even jumped into the race, AT THE REPUBLICAN CONVENTION. It comes second hand from DICK MORRIS, who got fired by Bill and Hillary for getting caught with his pants down...with a call girl!

What they don't tell you about the latest WNBC poll, is that while Hillary dropped 14%, PIRRO DID NOT PICK THEM UP!

SHE STAYED AT 28%!

I can understand people not liking Hillary. I can understand people voting Republican. I can understand people having conservative views. And that's all okay, because lots of smart people vote for both sides. And lots of these smart peope come to this website and actually DEBATE things in a intelligent manner.

However, this post is incredibly ignorant. It lacks both critical thinking and logic in such a way, that it causes my bones to shudder and shake.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From the News max article... (Which is not logically impaired you just have to read it correctly.)

['quote']Former Democratic Party chairman Terry McAuliffe is reportedly predicting that presumed 2008 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will drop out of her 2006 Senate re-election race if a challenger like Jeanine Pirro forces her to spend campaign cash earmarked for her presidential race.. ['/quote']

So he predicted it 18 months ago. People that know Hillary know how she operates.

Hillary did not want to run for President in 2004 because she knew she would lose. If she thinks Pirro will give her the slightest challenge in 2006 she will drop out.

The question is does this put Hillary at a disadvantage announcing for the Presidency this early?

If she does run for Senate, she will be shown to be a liar.

What will Hillary do?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
GWB didn't mention his designs on the White House when he was running for re-election as Governor of Texas in 1998--why should Hillary Clinton? And Bush wasn't accused of being deceptive when he announced his intentions to run for President only a year into his second term.

It would be highly unusual for a candidate to announce that they will be cutting their term short during their campaign. Clinton has made it very clear that her focus is on the 2006 Senate election. She has not declared her intentions for 2008--nor should she until after she is elected.

Pirro is raising this issue because it is all she's got. Clinton has done a terrific job fighting for NYC and has been a great Senator. Pirro knows that she doesn't have a chance and is just a pawn Iand she may not even get the nomination--Edward Cox, Nixon's son-in-law, announced his intentions to run also.) If she can prove that she can get some digs in and rough Hillary up a bit, perhaps the Republicans will let her in their club.

But poor Jeannie is off to a rocky start. The speech that was supposed to kick-off her entry into the political big-leagues just proved that she is still an amateur. While reading her speech, she lost her place and kept the audience waiting while she called out to her aides looking for her missing page.

She also didn't seem to know her position on the issues. When asked her opinion about whether or not she thought the troops should come home, she actually said "Let's leave that up to the experts." She also claims to support Bush's tax policies, but she couldn't answer questions about the deficit or estate tax and begged off with an excuse about it being her first day on the campaign.

And the few opinions she does have that aren't anti-Hillary sure sound liberal. She is pro-choice, wants to renew the assault-weapons ban, and believes in compromise over Bush's judicial nominees. She also says she leans left when it comes to social issues.

But this may change if she finds the other pages that are missing from her speech.

If Pirro is going to even be considered in the same league as Hillary Clinton, she's got a lot of work to do. Right now, she isn't even a Rick Lazio. And I think he is still crying from the smack Hillary gave him in 2000...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
you know she's going to run for president. But the real question is Will she win. what are her odds simply because she is a woman? i bet you there are many people that will vote for her for that reason alone. and what would we call Bill? the first man?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think it's unlikely, but certainly not unfathomable, that Hillary would drop out of the 2006 NY Senate race...Hillary made similar recommendations to her husband.

She doesn't want to be pinned down on certain issues nor want to commit to nor deny the possibility of 2008 presidential race...whomever runs against her will use her presidential ambitions against her, since New Yorkers won't want to elect someone to a six year job when she only plans to work two...

top topics

join