It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could it be......SATAN?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My grandma is 86 and has lived a long full life, but recently had a pacemaker put in, because her body is slowing down little by little. All the women on that side of the family have always been in tune to the presence of 'ghosts' and such. Over the last couple weeks grandma has been visited by someone pushing her feet while shes in bed sleeping, and once visited by her dead husband. She says it wakes her up, and it doesnt hurt, just someone pressing her feet. Im a paramedic and have racked my brain trying to think of a medical expanation for it but cant think of anything. My aunt works in a VA hospital and says that she's heard so many times of things happening to people like that shortly before they die. The whole thing about loved ones getting you ready to pass over, etc.
Well, this has upset grandma and being very religious, she went to her church prayer group to ask them to pray with her, and you know what they told her?!?! They told her it was satan!! I am so angry I could spit nails. Instead of comforting her, they scare her. Everything that they cant explain must be satan...hell, why couldnt it be the tooth fairy?
Anyway, my point to this whole rant is that has anyone else had this happen with a loved one before they passed on? Its supposed to be fairly common, and I'd appreciate hearing others experiences.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
While second hand, my grandmother had a similar experience shortly before her death. At the time, I did a little research into it. It seems to mostly happen to those who are really not accepting of their impending death, and really are frightened of death. They begin to question whether they truly believe in an afterlife, etc. Whether this is a defense mechanism of the brain, or actual visitation, who is to say? I guess all we can do is take comfort in knowing that at least it helps put our loved one at peace...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky
Over the last couple weeks grandma has been visited by someone pushing her feet while shes in bed sleeping, and once visited by her dead husband. She says it wakes her up, and it doesnt hurt, just someone pressing her feet.

I'm with you on this -- there's a mundane explaination. My guess is that it would involve medication, so a starting point is to find out what she's taking and if one of the side effects is involuntary motion of the legs at night. This happens to all of us, and is probably what's going on here.

If you sense she's not going to accept this, try an old shaman's trick (and it is a trick). Buy a very plain Bible, put nice bookmarks in a couple of places (23rd Psalm is nice, but also look for verses mentioning protection). Tell her it was sent to you by someone who drives out demons and evil spirits and they said that the next time it shows up, she's to read one of the verses at it and it will go away.

And that this will weaken it and it eventually won't come back.

As Granny Weatherwax (in the Terry Pratchett Discworld novels) puts it, this is "headology." It really DOES work.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What if it is the spirit of her departed husband doing it?

Maybe he is anxious to see her again?

Maybe he knows she is leaving soon?

Is this harmful or painful to her in anyway?

Does she feel a positive or negative aura around all of this?

Was she happy to see the dead husband?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Actually, this does happen quite alot...
My father in lawpasse away afew years back and hedid see unusual things.......little men running around which no one else seemed to be able to see them.....they were just running around the corners of the lounge room (I know this sounds funny, but it's not!) In order for my father in law to catch them(in his own mind I guess)he cut up pieces of cake and put them in the corners of the room.........My mother in law was scared and long after he went into a nursing home(if it was up to me, I would have read prayers over him)....but I guess what is to happen , will happen!

I visited my father in law a number of times and he never brought up religion.....
I decided on my own to bring him a book to read (it was prayers for exorcism ....written by St Cyprian , who was a great magician before he gave it up and found Christ) I also brought with me a few other books and sat down with them.....he went mad and told me to go away......I told him that it was nothing and that I wanted to read.......He got quite mad (never before had he done this or acted this way) ....I also had some blessed oil (kept from my daughters babtism ....Chrismation) and kept that in my pocket.....as soon as I approached him, he told me to see my pocket(which freaked me out, as no one knew about that)I told him I had nothing, and he got mad......his eyes went mad......I took out the oil and wiped some on him and he got my books and told me to leave........OK, to cut a long story short, ........things do happen before someone is to pass away......but that does not mean they will soon die....it can take time ..........no one knows the hour of death...

If your grandma is religious, I would sugest she say.....Lord have mercy on me a sinner, and psalm 50.....(not the revised modern version Bible.)it goes like this......Have mercy on me,O God, according to thy great mercy;and according to thy compassions blot out my transgression....someone else can read this to her if they wish to do so....It's a psalm of David asking God for forgiveness of his sins (which we all do have) .......

....the Devil can and does appear to many people before they pass away in order to scare them, but that has nothing to do with one being evil or anything, The soul is from God and wishes to go back to God........it longs to go to it's creator....but if the soul has not made all things right with God, the soul longs to be helped......
Prayer is good........
What things other then what you mentioned has your grandma been able to see, hear or feel that no one else has???
You dont need to say if you dont want to....I'm just trying be helpful....
helen.....
u2u me ..if you like...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky
My grandma is 86 and has lived a long full life, but recently had a pacemaker put in, because her body is slowing down little by little. All the women on that side of the family have always been in tune to the presence of 'ghosts' and such. Over the last couple weeks grandma has been visited by someone pushing her feet while shes in bed sleeping, and once visited by her dead husband. She says it wakes her up, and it doesnt hurt, just someone pressing her feet. Im a paramedic and have racked my brain trying to think of a medical expanation for it but cant think of anything. My aunt works in a VA hospital and says that she's heard so many times of things happening to people like that shortly before they die. The whole thing about loved ones getting you ready to pass over, etc.
Well, this has upset grandma and being very religious, she went to her church prayer group to ask them to pray with her, and you know what they told her?!?! They told her it was satan!! I am so angry I could spit nails. Instead of comforting her, they scare her. Everything that they cant explain must be satan...hell, why couldnt it be the tooth fairy?
Anyway, my point to this whole rant is that has anyone else had this happen with a loved one before they passed on? Its supposed to be fairly common, and I'd appreciate hearing others experiences.

I had a neighbor that I was friends with some years ago and she took care of her 99 year old mother. Well one day when I was watching her while her daughter went to the store I was making her lunch and the elderly lady was having a conversation with "someone" I asked her who she was talking to and she said "Oh my people... they're waiting for me on the other side"

I thought that was really odd.. then one night when I was asleep, I could feel a hand on my back... It wasn't threatening or anything. Almost kind of reassuring like they were saying "Good job taking care of our sister"

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Helen670,

are you suggesting that seeing the devil before you die is a way to scare you to accept christ and god or what have you?

I have heard this also for those people on the border line so to speak.

it does make sense.

I know of stories where a demon has appeared to others to tell them they are taking someone's soul too.

don't know why that would happen though?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Look at the last three digits of the post number on the first post of this thread,yow,now I am scared,ahhhhh.
JKJKJKJKJKidding

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Look at the last three digits of the post number on the first post of this thread,yow,now I am scared,ahhhhh.
JKJKJKJKJKidding

hey, that's pretty good. you noticed. 330=satan.(a=6, b=12, c=18)
hi satan. natas pyriel.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
JKJKJKJKJKidding

hey, that's pretty good. you noticed. 330=satan.(a=6, b=12, c=18)
hi satan. natas pyriel.

oh. 666. the FIRST post. i was looking at theneo's post number, which ends in 330. hi again, lord of the flies.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Helen670,

are you suggesting that seeing the devil before you die is a way to scare you to accept christ and god or what have you?

I have heard this also for those people on the border line so to speak.

it does make sense.

I know of stories where a demon has appeared to others to tell them they are taking someone's soul too.

don't know why that would happen though?

Yes in a way it has happened with many people...
God loves all mankind.......it is man that has let Him down.....

I guess your soul.....longs for God.....but if it is not fully right with God then God will certainly give a sign.....in your grandmas case, it would mean she maybe is holding onto something that she feels she needs to confess.....

It's not about seeing the Devil..but your soul senses fear because naturally your soul is from God......Fear is what the Devil wants us to do......he has no right to take away our ''free will'' and so he uses Fear ....
Again, prayer is good .......especially psalm 50....
I guess only your grandma knows how she feels when she senses these things........
Many people do sense spiritual happenings at one time in their life.......It is what you make of it.....
Again, I do not believe it would be the Devil........but he can install fear ......and fear not the Devil but He who will judge you...

I would not worry much about all this......again, I would pray.....
helen...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Something like this happened to my cousin too.

my granddad was just hospitalized cause he had a heart attack. a few days after it ( he was still in the hospital) my family was visiting our cousins, when at one point my cousin Hugo said: "look, granddads there!".
well ofc he wasnt, but he hugo was sure he had seen him sitting on the couch watcing us. about an hour after that, we got a call telling that my granddad had died, just about the time when my cousins said he saw him on the couch.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
Something like this happened to my cousin too.

my granddad was just hospitalized cause he had a heart attack. a few days after it ( he was still in the hospital) my family was visiting our cousins, when at one point my cousin Hugo said: "look, granddads there!".
well ofc he wasnt, but he hugo was sure he had seen him sitting on the couch watcing us. about an hour after that, we got a call telling that my granddad had died, just about the time when my cousins said he saw him on the couch.

They say the soul does stays close to whom it was happy or comfortable with.....
Also the soul stays in the earthly realm for 40 days.....signifying Jesus Christ staying with the Aostles for 40 days......(after His resurrection)
Then the toll houses...............but that's another topic!
helen..

new topics

top topics

join