It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucer on my Egypt pic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I've been to Karnak and other egyptian sites which are mindblowing to say the least. I did seem to remember seeing alot of egyptian vultures and black kites as well as the odd lappet faced vulture. (the bird previously shown) in the sky being interested in natural history.

Even the Black Kites look strangely big in the sky, the lappet's are huge so I see no reason as to why a bird is not responsible for this photo.

You assume that a bird would have to have such a massive wingspan to be responsible for the photo when the said object isn't seemingly far behind the stone in the photo. Even if u were quite a few hundred feet away taking the photo a bird would show up in this manner. A moving bird travelling across in the background would blur in this manner. And as it's so far away detail is lacking hindering positive identification of exactly what it is.

Chances are it's a large bird than a space ship.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by thepostman]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You cannot prove its a bird....
Actually has nothing of a bird.

It has oval shape.
It has a symetrical form.

[bird theory]
The wings cannot be defined.
Nor the head.
And not even the feet.
If it was close to the camera as some belive, we could distinguish some of these details....Especially with a pic with that resolution/quality.

Im more into the blimp/baloon or some made aircraft. Human or Not.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I didn't say I could prove it's a bird but it's more realistic. It's not defined simply because of the distance, angle, light and heat haze which makes it impossible to do what your asking in making it recognisable. Something is there for sure but this is a poor photo, and so it could be anything, even a visiting space ship. Just don't tell me it is a spaceship or it can't be a bird.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepostman
I didn't say I could prove it's a bird but it's more realistic.

You opinion is much appreciated, ThePostman. I guess that we will never know, as often is the case with these kinds of pictures

[edit on 15-8-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks anorwegianguy1972.

Photo's like these no matter how inconclusive still make one wonder!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hi, sorry to open my thread again, but I jus found out how to do an Emboss filter with Photoshop to show the features of the object better, the result makes me even more convinced that it is not a bird as some suggested.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Whew this is a BIGGIE!

I took the image and cropped a bit out.
Then took what I had with it, and applied some stuff to it... this is what I got.

I have 7 Diffrent image outputs showing the object in diffrent ranges going from low to extremely high.
Also the 3 sources I used to do this.

Now for why I used this technique.
Using 3 souces ranging from diffrent frequiences allowed me to increase my accuracy.
(See my last one I did this with which I used 1 output... object turned out to be a wonderful man on a hang glider with some sort of sparkler on it.)
Now this one was much harder to determine due to the fact the object was on the bright sky and half of it was already bright.
Now you also have closeup ruins in front also.
The crop I chose was a mix of bright and semi dark objects.

Output 1
Output 1: Clearly shows the object's top and sides onto the red sky.

Output 2
Output 2: which is a higher range of Output 1.

Output 3
Output 3: this one clearly shows the object which is rainbow colored on the dark background.
My favorite out of the bunch.

Output 4
Output 4: This one is a slighty darker version of 2. Still has the bright ranges but has more dark ranges to it.

Output 5
Output 5: Close to Output 3.
I really don't know what to say for this one.

Output 6
Output 6: As odd as this one looks it shows the object's shape and some of its lines on the sky.

Output 7
Output 7: This one clearly shows this object and has its outlines on it.

My conslusion, this is not a bird... or anything I have seen.

Sources:
Image 1 - 2
Image 3

Area of the Original Image I cropped:
Original Cropped

The Moogle is out for now.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Xabora]

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Xabora]

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Xabora]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow, that was some awsome work!

So I gather from your experiments that the object is much to far away to be a bird, as also I gathered based on its "faded" appearance?

[edit on 15-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow, good photo and some good investigating done into it. I'm not an expert so can't tell you what it is but I'm pretty sure it's not a bird.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, anyone have any idea what it is?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think its a UFO ; an Unindentified Flying Object. Personally I think its a flying sauser, but hehe, thats just me

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I pulled the picture and ran some "tests" too.... honestly, this is one of the more "legit" potential UFO pics I've seen.

I can vouche that the pic wasnt altered.. it was a raw dump from the camera. Good stuff

Actually I have a question... what were you aiming at? What was the focus in the picture? If I understood you correctly, you didnt see this UFO until AFTER you looked at the pics yet it seems to be the focus. Id lik eto see the orignial pic before you cropped it.

Peace

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Serum39]

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Id lik eto see the orignial pic before you cropped it.

Sure, buts its 1,6 MB even zipped, all the places I have found that allows for free uploading has a limit of 1 MB. If you let be know I will happlily upload the raw image dump from the camera

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Use Rapidshare, they allow much larger files.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Looks like a bug zoomed past your lens just as you snapped the photo.

The reason it looks like it's in the distance is becuase it just above the structure in the photo.

Or it could just be a fake.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have uploaded the raw 1.6 MB image from my camera here:

rapidshare.de...

Please Th0r, do not post fake images in this thread. Everyone that has ever used a photo editing tool knows that one can fake such images. There are many pictures of the space shuttle in space too, if I can make fake a picture of a shuttle in space does it mean that the shuttle has never been in space and all the pictures of it in space are false? Ofcourse not

Also in your fake picture you have removed the building in the background that was used for reference of how far the object was, why did you do that?

I will disregard you calling it a fake, and I dont really see you doing anything than Embrasing Ignorance by calling me a lier.

The reason it looks like it's in the distance is becuase it just above the structure in the photo.

This statement makes no sense, why should the object look like it is in the distance because it is above a closer object?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972

This statement makes no sense, why should the object look like it is in the distance because it is above a closer object?

lol because that's the way the mind works, because the structure is so very big and the object in question is so very small it appears to be far away but in reality it could be just a bug or a smudge on the lens.

*IF* It was a UFO I'm suprised you didn't notice it, absoultly nothing in the sky clear day, i'm sure you or people around you would have seen it and pointed it out and there would be a flood of pictures hitting the net.

Just my point of view

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If you download the raw image (look a couple of posts above) you will see that there are many people there, walking, but there is no motion blurr, so I dont really support that theory. It was very bright and the camera shutter was probably working as fast as it could, I dont know how fast that is though, therefore I dont think it is motion blurr of a bug. Also I think that other peoples studies of the image has shown that it is far in the distance, thus being to large for a bug. Some have suggested a very large bird, but there are no visible bird features in my opinion. If you download the raw image you will also see that the object was just a small dot in the distance from where I stood, so it is not strange that I did not see it until later.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here you go,

You can clearly see it here.
Link

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
@ MacMerdin
Where can i find the full pic of the image you have as avatar ?
It simply amazing.
thx.

I dont know where MacMerdin got his copy of the picture, but you can find a big version of it on page 20 in this Lockheed Martin document

www.lockheedmartin.com...

[edit on 25-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join