It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Park memorial honors gay veterans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Was not sure as to where to post this so this part of the website is good enough. It's kind of funny that the bush administration is lowering the pay of forces in iraq as well as cutting the benift's to past vets now this pop's up this afternoon. Any comments.

www.sacbee.com...

Pull the bottem of the jenga pile the rest comes down onward and downward I guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh God! Here we go again!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
They are soldiers....Honor them as soldiers who did their duty.

Soldiers don't have sexual orientation. They are the fighting machines of their country. They are all equally worthless maggots at the start and are built into soldier and at that time that is what they are, a soldier.

Honor them for that, they deserve it, they died for it, and they died for us.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Soldiers don't have sexual orientation. They are the fighting machines of their country. They are all equally worthless maggots at the start and are built into soldier and at that time that is what they are, a soldier.

*claps* Well Said!

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Its funny how many of our macho manlings seem to forget the Drill and ceremonies manual, which turned our forces from ragtag undisciplined gurillas into a nice, organized army was written by a flaming homosexual named Baron von Steuben, who aided us greatly in the Revolutionary war.

So, one of they key people in our nations history, and very important to our whole military structure, was GAY.

I mean, REALLY gay.

Plenty of gays served, they were almost all closet gays. Dont see anything wrong with them, tho I do question why a special monument must be made for gay soldiers.

Juts like monuments for all soldiers, women, blacks ect. They told us in the army, we were one color: green. So why the need to differentiate veterans?

Vets are vets, period. We all were green.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
God save the Queens!!

Just kidding I am for what Mojo said.
Who the heck cares what these guys do when
they are not destroying and taking over some foreign country. They deserve to be treated like anyone else.

Mark

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
...NOT GAY... I am WITH those who honor them for their service.

I only question why in HELL the Govt. felt the need to point out who they liked to go to bed with?!! What the HELL is that?

WHO CARES?! They gave the ULTIMATE sacrifice for their country and US!!!

Oh wait a minute, it's coming to me, the GAYS who haven't done # care! Now I "get it'...

P...
m...

[Edited on 8-30-2003 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I haven't got any hard and fast opinion about this but for an insight on why some gay people should push for this kind of recognition maybe it's something to do with the element in society that subscribe to the 'just add water and mix' veiw that we sprang up fully formed and ready to infiltrate and undermine decent society. The point they may be trying to make is that gay and lesbians do contribute, to the point of making the ultimate sacrifice sometimes. This monument shouldn't be necessary but the telling comment about 'trying to be accepted' made by one of the veterans in the article underlines why some gays feel this way. That's not to say what is right or wrong, it's just a reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

They are honored as soldiers with the monuments erected to soldiers. To erect a monument to the homosexual soldier specifically is to erect a monument to homosexuality. Do you see a monument erected specifically to the heterosexual soldier?

This is nothing more than in-you-face social reengineering, and as usual, my tax dollars are used.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne,

I'll re-iterate that I have no firm opinion on the rights and wrongs or the valid or invalid reasons for this monument. I'd like to make a comment on your objection to how your taxes are spent though as I too work long hours plus overtime and my tax dollars are also put towards things that have neither relevence nor use for me. Things like schools, education, day care, family benefits a myriad of areas that pertain to the heterosexual majority but on a personal level are of no benefit to me at all. Should I object to paying towards these things. I don't think so, that's part and parcel of living in a democracy. Yours is an oft used arguement employed whenever a minority benefits financially in some way but the truth is for all the money supposedly being chucked left, right and centre at special interest groups I for one in fifteen years as a participant within the gay community or the wider community have yet to see evidence of one penny being contributed towards my needs or wants or indeed any one elses. Now I'm not saying it never happens and I also agree that some of the ways in which our taxes are spent are both ridiculous and divisive but I believe this 'loony left' conspiricy to drain the pockets of all decent tax payers has been mythologised to a large extent, plus even if it were true and the govt suddenly decided these groups were not worthy of these handouts do you think for one minute any of that cash would be returned to you!
Maybe tax should be arranged in such a way as to contribute towards both the overall needs of a community plus the personal based on race, creed, sexual orientation etc, in which case with the amount of gay and lesbian taxpayers that exist we'd probably have far more in the way of facilities than we do now.

top topics

join