It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Truth": Why accepting it hurts and denying it kills.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.cs.virginia.edu...

I found this an interesting read and thought many of you here would also.

Is it just me or are ideas such as these becoming more difficult to argue against as the flock keeps thinning to reveal the gluttonous wolves?

Just a snippet to peak your interest:

1. The United States Government tortures its own citizens. We go around the world talking about human rights, but agents of the U.S. government have not hesitated to commit the most vicious crimes against humanity right here at home. The political reality is that the U.S. is the leading economic and political power in the world, and the only superpower. Thus the U.S. government can maintain its pious hypocritical stance without fear of ``serious'' exposure. Our government has grossly abused its current power. It has wasted a chance to be a world role model for ethical government, and the chance likely will never come again.

2. The U.S. Constitution is just a piece of paper to covert thugs. The only rights you have are the ones you can enforce. Here in the land of High Noon, despite all the talk to the contrary, it is every man for himself. There are plenty of people who would love to see you literally tortured if you differ from them on the most minor political points. We lead the world in the technology of warfare and espionage. The same technology is used to suppress and harass so-called dissidents or ``threatening'' people and movements. If you cannot prove it happened, and the weapons officially do not exist, then nothing really happened, did it?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
mOjOm

Yeah, it is interesting.

I agree with 8 of the author's 10 assertions. I don't agree strongly with the statement about the US Constitution used to "covert" things, or with the statement that there isn't an official organized conspiracy affecting certain well known things round here.

I'd like to know more about who the author is. He or she gives it a reasonable crack, but they are not an academic representative which I thought they might be.

Very good thought-provoking find!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't have any info about the author. I just happened across it from a link posted on another thread. If you can't find the info you're looking for from the web site I can't get you any closer accept to point you to where I found the first link.

Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
mOjOm

That is much appreciated.

I didn't expect you would be able to discern who the author was either, my comment was more of a "wish".

Actually there won't be too many readers who dismiss these opinions completely, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Great article. The author made a lot of great points and most of them are true.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Actually there won't be too many readers who dismiss these opinions completely, in my opinion.

Yah I know...I'm not too sure why I even post such ideas around here since 99% of the time I'm the only one who bothers to read em. For a great example of what I'm talking about try reading:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
up through the 3rd page (for full effect, or just skip to 3rd to save time & stress) where I actually took extra time to clearify an already redundant point in a way that it seemed impossible to miss, this time. But I was wrong, as just the very next 2 posts after mine will most certainly point out....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Really interesting find, m0j0m.

"Our government has grossly abused its current power. It has wasted a chance to be a world role model for ethical government, and the chance likely will never come again."

So SO true. But I still hope that they'll have a next chance, and won't waste it this time.

PYX

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, I don't feel so bad now. I'm likely very justified in my slight paranoia.
Good article, and I was unaware of most of the technology listed in the piece, so thanks very much!

new topics

top topics

join