It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the biggest terrorist!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Greetings starchildren,
www.lib.berkeley.edu...

Scroll down and select Noam Chomsky: A Radical Perspective on U.S. Foreign Policy (International and Area Studies 190) 03/18/2002. Its a RealPlayer file.

This is a lecture by Noam Chomsky on American foreign policy since 9/11. I left the link page open so you could sample other selections if you like. The lecture is about 2 hours long but well worth the time of anyone seeking scholarship and truth about American foreign policy and terrorism.
Noam Chomsky has been professor of Political science at MIT for over thirty years. He's one of those guys who wakes up every morning knowing he's smarter than 90% of the population.
Enjoy!

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I knew this a long time ago. Get with the program (but, I read his books a long time ago too)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is coming from a guy so smart that tying his shoe strings requires a scientific formula!

Article is concise and informative but has some unanswered variable's left out of it....I wonder why?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good 'ol Noam - isn't he a holocaust denier?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Good 'ol Noam - isn't he a holocaust denier?

Yes, yes he is, there were no killings of the Jews, it was a mass outbreak of influenza that did them in.

Idiot, that's what I call the guy Noam, an Idiot.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ShiningWizard: Noam Chomsky is an idiot? Wow, you can probably call him a lot of things, but he's definitely no idiot.

Unless you mean that everyone who disagrees with your narrow world view is an idiot, in which case the world must be full of them.

Look up "School of the Americas" on google, and ignore any Chomsky articles. Are all the people reporting this idiots too? Or just anti-semites?

That's gotta be the most infantile way to discount someone's view (and Chomsky backs it up with research, read his books) : Oh yeah whatever he's just an idiot.

Next you'll be telling us that your dad makes more money than his dad?

If you ever need help growing up and joining the rest of us in the adult world, let me know.

But then again, I'm probably just an idiot. Just don't let McGill University know, it's where I got three of my four degrees.

jakomo

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
He also thought that whole Khmer rouge thing was US propoganda then tried to blame the US - 'idiot' just might fit.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

But then again, I'm probably just an idiot. Just don't let McGill University know, it's where I got three of my four degrees.

jakomo

Fools know all the answers, wise me know where to look them up, Oh yeah, most don't brag about degrees either.

Noam is just misguided, and Idiot? Yes, A fool? no, but then again I don't recall mr wizard saying that. Jakomo, I suggest you open your eyes to the rest of the world, you could learn something.

GW

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

That's gotta be the most infantile way to discount someone's view (and Chomsky backs it up with research, read his books) : Oh yeah whatever he's just an idiot.

jakomo

Does any of this surprise you? Its par for the course.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
the holocaust could have been a ploy to minimize the number of jews with power, hitler was jewish himself. the stealing of african royalty during the slave trade is kinda similar with people hear having no clue as to the atrocities africans are facing today. id say hes a pretty on point dude.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Chomsky has been one of the top five writer brains in the world for at least 25 years. Nothing he says is dismissable, from syntax to geopolitics.

No discarding of Chomsky here.

I am interested in bigsage backing up his comment that Catholic chorister/painter Adolf Hitler was Jewish, with the information on lineage...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
and you iq seems to be in at least the high 100+'s why would you not want to check that sort of thing out for yourself. i am an active observer now.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hitler wasnt jewish, or might have been, we will never know. The question and answer you seek would be the paternity of his paternal grandfather, still largely debated, but probably never will be for certain.

I didnt know Chomsky was a holocaust denier......thats a new one. Ive heard of other ones like David Irving, who got thrown in jail for it, I think.

Does anyone have a link to his Holocaust denial report?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Chomsky has been one of the top five writer brains in the world for at least 25 years. Nothing he says is dismissable, from syntax to geopolitics.

No discarding of Chomsky here.

I am interested in bigsage backing up his comment that Catholic chorister/painter Adolf Hitler was Jewish, with the information on lineage...

* an inexplicable double post, for which I apologize to all, except maybe bigsage and Adolf! *

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is what I have found of Noam Chomsky and Holcaust denial:
Chomsky said, "I see no anti-Semitic implications in denial of the existence of gas chambers or even denial of the Holocaust. Nor would there be anti-Semitic implications, per se, in the claim that the Holocaust (whether one believes it took place or not) is being exploited, viciously so, by apologists for Israeli repression and violence. I see no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson's work").
Its a well used trick to accuse someone of being anti-semetic if they choose to critisize Isreal and its policies. Just ask ColdAnger!
It appears to me that Noam was asking for people to look at the information in the book and decide for themselves rather than hear the words "anti-semetic" and turn their brains off. I think he is challenging "political correctness" which any true-blooded conservative would have to applaud.
The point of this post was to look and discuss the information contained in the lecture.
Let me know if anyone tries to do it.
One quick warning...he is a little critical of Isreal (gosh) and America too (bigger gosh) But then we do strive to "Deny Ignorance" here!

Not for the faint of patriotism.........

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I agree with SeekerOf.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I cant download and listen to the audio files because of the computer I am on. If i had my old computer, I could.

Too bad, because Id really like to hear what this guy has to say. Hes quite repectable and smart. Alot of other things it seems I dodnt know about him. Is there a text transcript available?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
the holocaust could have been a ploy to minimize the number of jews with power, hitler was jewish himself. the stealing of african royalty during the slave trade is kinda similar with people hear having no clue as to the atrocities africans are facing today. id say hes a pretty on point dude.

hitler was not jewish. his mother was jewish. read a history book

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

hitler was not jewish. his mother was jewish. read a history book

Yes, Ivan, you SHOULD read a history book. It was not Hitlers mother, she was about as Gentile as they get. It was Hitlers FATHER who was suspected.

Hiters fathers mother was a housekeeper for a Jewish guy. She ended up pregnant. She married a mill worker that she was involved with, yet the Jewish guy also sent her money to care for the kid. It was rumored the Kid belonged to the Jewish dude, but she married her millworker boyfriend to cover up an ilegitamate pregnancy.

The true paternity of Hitlers dad will probably never be known. Ths, it remains a mystery if he was even Jewish.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Gee, what a shock that such anti-American rhetoric is coming from someone at Berkeley.

If he is so dam sure that America is a "terrorist" then why don't he go live somewhere more warm and friendly....like Cuba?

I'm sick and tired of people using free speech to tell everyone what a horrible country America is. People do have the right to their opinions and ideas and to express them, but if you believe that America is so horrible...then take your beliefs to the next level and GET THE F*@K OUT!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join