It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pregnancy and class A drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is there any medical evidence or proof that children have been affected by their parents who at sumtime in their lives have used class A drugs. My wife wants to start planning to make a family and I am a little bit nervous about what i have done in my younger days affecting my new child.

I dont want to hear about peoples past experiences with drugs as that is not allowed on ats... so please keep ure personal experiences to yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Generally alot of the harm done to the child is when there is drug use during pregnancy. Especially the first trimester, but its still bad all the way through.

In regards to yourself, drug use can lower sperm counts and motility, but generaly those effects do wear off when you quit. I could not find any references to any potential genetic changes but I will walk over to the Medical library and try to check there.

If you smoke you should stop because second hand smoke can cause harm.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by false reality
Is there any medical evidence or proof that children have been affected by their parents who at sumtime in their lives have used class A drugs. My wife wants to start planning to make a family and I am a little bit nervous about what i have done in my younger days affecting my new child.

I dont want to hear about peoples past experiences with drugs as that is not allowed on ats... so please keep ure personal experiences to yourself.

I would be sure to make sure you wait at least a year of being drug free before having a baby......if your super worried you could always adopt....?

new topics

join