It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson prays for Death and illness to strike supreme court justices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What kind of a sick and evil God would do this?
What kind of twisted and terrible people fill the ranks of Christian conservatives, to sit by and allow this kind of evil presented as some kind of Divine intervention.

Pat Robertson and much of the Christian right must be praying to Satan now a days.

The Christian right must be following behind the Republican corporate path of evil.

Robertson prays for termination of justices

Cug

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Now as much as a disagree with him I have to say he did no such thing!

"One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

Besides this story is over 2 years old at this point.. old news

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Praying For Supreme Court Shake Up

Court Watcher: Pat Robertson, unhappy with the Supreme Court's recent rulings, is hoping a higher power will remove three justices with opinions of which he does not approve. (AP)

(CBS/AP) Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson urged his nationwide audience Monday to pray for God to remove three justices from the Supreme Court so they could be replaced by conservatives.

"We ask for miracles in regard to the Supreme Court," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club."

Robertson has launched a 21-day "prayer offensive" directed at the Supreme Court in the wake of its 6-3 June vote that decriminalized sodomy. Robertson said in a letter on the CBN Web site that the ruling "has opened the door to homosexual marriage, bigamy, legalized prostitution and even incest."

The same letter targets three justices in particular: "One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

A "prayer offensive" that's offensive indeed.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Of course you have to take everything Robertson says with a grain of salt.

He told us all the world would end in 1982.

In 1980, he announced to his staff that God had revealed to him that the end of the world would follow a war in the Middle East in 1982.
www.publiceye.org...

The Christian right is not only full of wack jobs it is full of evil wack jobs.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Evil hysterical wack jobs.???

Sorry olde man..but your post borders on hysteria itself. The article says no such thing. They pray for three justices to step down ..not termination as is implied in your post. This borders on hysteria on your part and preys on the insecurity of people who cannot see any further than your hysteria.

This is the standard party line of most of the media when shilling for their positions on every "vicitimization " backed issue with which they can raise to public emotions to their political posture..based on fear tactics.

Sorry Slank, I am not that emotional. You and others are going to have to work overtime to get me on that kind of string or treadmill.

Be very careful when trying to use such poor hysteria on people..you must take advantage of those easily fooled and with advanced emotional requirements.

I do not put much stock in Pat Robertson. CBN is about thirty miles south of me in Virginia Beach. I like and agree with certain things he says but Pat Robertson is not my spokesman. Obviously ..neither are the people who use your tack.
I am also very well aware of history and the way the media uses or misuses words to keep the public ignorant and on the string. They shill for thier respective political partys...all of them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That's pathetic rationalization orangetom1999 and you know it.

Whereas Robertson could have simply targeted three ill justices with prayer to get better, he didn't. He specifically instigated a prayer offensive to have God "put it in their minds" to retire.

No, he's not specifically urging God to smite them down, but he's not sending get well cards either.

It's tacky, hyper political, perverse religion.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
what difference does it make what this guy prays for? Isnt that between him and God? whats with iberals attacking this guy, bill maher, a guy id like to knock the hell out, has a problem with him too. I guess thats the thing with liberals, they think they are God.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry about that lunatic praying for anything.

He is the same lunatic who said god personally has instructed him to usher in the second coming of jesus by live television broadcast. Then used that lie to collect several million dollars from gullable victims to fund this extravaganza...that never ended up occuring.

He is the same lunatic who claimed that the rapture and tribulation would begin in 1982, and when it didnt, he revised his prediction to 1984, and when it didnt....you get the idea.

He is the same lunatic who used donation money from his christian organization to fund his personal diamond mines and business adventures. Used airplanes, that were bought and paid for by gullable christians for use in a humanitarian relief effort, to supply his diamond mines and other business adventures.

He is the same lunatic who claims jesus christ himself told him he would be victorious in his misguided and miserable attempt to become president.

He is the same lunatic that condoned Jerry Falwells idea that those hurricanes that slammed florida last year....."were because of all those homosexuals" running rampid through society....

This guy is a fraud. A con artist. A humiliating excuse for a christian. This guys is playing a personal role in the destruction of the christian faith.

Come to think of it....we need more people like him around....

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
what difference does it make what this guy prays for? Isnt that between him and God? whats with iberals attacking this guy, bill maher, a guy id like to knock the hell out, has a problem with him too. I guess thats the thing with liberals, they think they are God.

Uh, him and God and everyone watching his broadcasting empire. :shk:

The reason these 'innocent' little death to the infidels tirades he goes on once in a while during his Jesus shows like the US State Department should be nuked or any of the other violent ends to this or that civil liberty he doesn't like should concern anyone, is bona fide crazy people listen to him and do that #.

This isn't a liberal/conservative thing either. Plenty of conservatives wish Robertson would crawl in a hole and suck his thumb the rest of his unnatural life I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Okay, before you go beat up Bill Maher to prove Pat Robertson doesn't incite violence...

(claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasic!!!)

Was this the "sermon" that inspired you to take the wrath of God into your own hands on a comic?

"The strategy against the American radical left should be the same as General Douglas MacArthur employed against the Japanese in the Pacific . . . bypass their strongholds, then surround them, isolate them bombard them, then blast the individuals out of their power bunkers with hand-to-hand combat. The battle for Iwo Jima was not pleasant, but our troops won it. The battle to regain the soul of America won't be pleasant either, but we will win it." ("Pat Robertson's Perspective," April - May, 1992)

Or was it one one of these?

I'm genuinely curious how you pull that square logic you're using out of a presumably round ass.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm curious, does anyone ever look at the date on links?

NORFOLK, Virginia, July 15, 2003 - look at the top.

Nevertheless, Pat Robertson is just a typical fun loving Chri$tian (yes, that was sarcasm).

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No, Pat Robertson is NOT a typical Christian, he is a typical TV evangelist. A Christian is someone who believes that Christ died on the cross for their sins, and comes from all walks of life.

Pat Robertson bilks his audience out of millions promising them that if they give to the 700 club, God will send them 3x's their donation back to pay their bills. THAT is a truth and one I have seen on that show more than once. NO WHERE does God say that he will send you a check for triple your money!

Anyhow, to say "What kind of a sick and evil God would do this?
What kind of twisted and terrible people fill the ranks of Christian conservatives, to sit by and allow this kind of evil presented as some kind of Divine intervention. Pat Robertson and much of the Christian right must be praying to Satan now a days. "

God didn't strike anyone dead, so I guess he*wouldn't* do such a thing. And, people need not be sheeple and listen to what anyone on the TV has to say and take it as the truth.

Your article is 2 years old and you are shocked that people listen to Pat Robertson. You didn't even question what you read!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Patrick is praying to the same God who killed hundreds [thousands?] of children just to get at a single Pharohs son.

The same God who slayed everyhousehold that didn't mark itself as being allied with him/it.

If these accounts are true,
Then the old testament God is evil.

Why then would i think Pat's carefully crafted words still carry the real intent to cause bodily harm or at the very least intimidation to puppet people of stature to the will of petty Christian Dictators?

Much of the attraction of the Christian Right is being a part of the tinpot dictation of your value system on an otherwise free people.

You can say how nice and soft the velvet glove is, how perfumed it smells.
I recognize the stench of the murderous bloodied iron hand beneath it.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If memory serves it was Bush Sr. saying "Voodoo Economics," in the candidate debates with Ronald Reagan, but he lived with it for eight years as Vice President.

Now it's "Voodoo Evangelism," as practiced by Pat Robertson. Never mind though he has already prayed away a hurricane, why not go one step further! Ahem I mean one step Feurer!

But take heart, now are there new "action figures,' for the overpriced "Christian,' store at Virginia Beach Virginia? What do you know they look like Raggidy Ann and Raggidy Andy with "liberal," Supreme Court justices faces and little "Voodoo pins." Pray hard now folks, they'll begone!

Now wait a minute though, that does not mean I don't like Pat Robertson, I am sure he has done quite a few good things. But you go back to Peter "denying Christ three times," and you can see no one is perfect. So I am waiting for a clarification, or perhaps an apology. This sort of thing is way off the scale and any Christian with a conscience should abide by their proper convocations and convictions.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes, yes, yes, the Right and the Left are all evil and should be thrown down. Get back on track.

Pat Roberson's obvious disdain for civilized behaviour when broadcasting over Public Airwaves shows that he is very much the equal of the Mullahs that preach "death to america". Therefore Pat Robertson is nothing more than a Terrorist disguising himself as a "christian", there will be no place for him on the other side ... unless it is hot and nasty.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Be very careful when trying to use such poor hysteria on people..you must take advantage of those easily fooled and with advanced emotional requirements.

Blame the media, blame the media, blamed the media. You say don't go for hysteria yet yourself falls into the mantra trap, and have picked up one.

Those easily fooled with advanced emotional requirements?

How about the GOP finally admitting that they used and continue to use racism in the South in their divide and conquer politics. They ADMIT it and have been doing such since the '60s to bring in the so called "solid south" for them. Whoever supports this gang of unAmerican thugs needs to do some due diligence if they consider themself Christian.

You say "blame the media". Yea I do for letting the mantra on the airwaves. The mantra that brainwashes people and preys on the fears of. Your "blame the media" is a perfect example of casting blame away. Look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dont put much stock in both partys..republicans or Democrats...they will both use the American people for thier purposes ..which are the partys purposes not the purposes of the American People. This becomes more and more clear as time goes by.

The media shills for the partys...both of them. I get very tired of Sean Hanitys tack ..it gets very olde and predictable. It drones on and on.Same with the other networks.

As to dividing people along race, gender, economic lines this is the tack of the liberals ..standard party line...and tactics. Very , Very predictable. It gets very olde and predictable. It drones on and on.I dont have much respect for either party and thier tactics. Especially thier fear tactics...both of them.

And Rant...I stand by what I said...the article did not say what the poster said. Pat Robertson ...is not obligated to take up the settings on your dial and cater to your "feelings". He did not wish them I'll will but prayed for them to step down. Your histronics are pitiful.
This issue with the Justice stepping down...I think it is O'conner...is already turning into a media circus...from both partys..sickening. Where is the ill will coming from?? Get a clue before you try ranting with me...
Also along the same vein...that article you speak of ..is metaphor...you in your histronics...use it as actual. Good grief..you cannot be that far gone..??? Knowlegable Christians know this...how is it that you do not???Metaphor and allegory are used often in different places in the bible. This message is obviously to believers...not non believers..and you acted accordingly.

Pat Robertson is not my spokesman as stated before..nor are the other preachers out there. I dont give moneys to him or others..nor have any inclination to do so. I do agree with the posters who describe a huge operation going on ...with the donations...I dont agree with these doings
hence I dont donate.
While I am thinking about it...if you think that this is all a Republican thing...back in the day when Ronald Reagan was running for a second term...Pat Robertson got to mouthing off about certain issues and before long his CBN netword got audited by the IRS. Obvously not a accident. This happened under a Republican Administration ..not Democrats. I know some about this because one of my ham radio friends works for CBN and filled me in on it.
My point is ...Politics is a religion unto itself..with very zealous devout adherants. With unwritten rules..hidden, concealed...
I dont put stock in Pat Robertson or Politics ..they can both be whores or whoredom if you like.
I am very conservative by nature...I am not republican or democrat...I dont have much respect for either party. I dont appreciate being jerked around by either of them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Since the fall from grace of the “Crusade of the Christian rights” with Pat Robertson’s failed political career and bad bid for the presidential seat, it seemed that they would fade in the background but they didn’t.

They are born again in their righteousness now we have an older, cake make up and botox fix Pat in the spot light and he has done a lot of blunders when it comes to his personal opinions on how the country is out to be run.

They have not lost their goal of reconstructing American by the bible.

They are dangerous; many don’t even realized how much. They have money and more political power that they did in the 80’s.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

As to dividing people along race, gender, economic lines this is the tack of the liberals

Is that right. The tact of the liberals? I suggest next time one turns on the conventions tell me what one sees in the audience. Compare the two.

You may be speaking of one of the other mantras the GOP puts up. "Class warfare". My friend we live in a capitalistic society. It IS class warfare, or are you unaware of that?

The Democratic party is an all inclusive party. If one suggests that using racism as a dividing line, and admitting to do it is not then I suggest a thorough going over in one's thinking. The GOP claims to be the party of GOD yet continues to promote racism as one of it's prime ingredients. Mainly because if the people were truly to be informed of the issues and a debate ensued on such they would be clear losers.

Sorry bub I don't buy it. I used to be a "swing" voter. I used to believe in individual values and responsibility that the GOP used to preach. I still do, however the party does not.

You claim you are "conservative" in nature. Have you figured out why we have passed an energy bill that throws money at the oil companies that continue to kill. More money for road building, and NOTHING for seeking a true way out of the mess? Quit building lanes and start building the trains.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Also along the same vein...that article you speak of ..is metaphor...you in your histronics...use it as actual. Good grief..you cannot be that far gone..??? Knowlegable Christians know this...how is it that you do not???Metaphor and allegory are used often in different places in the bible. This message is obviously to believers...not non believers..and you acted accordingly.

I see. So when Pat Robertson says someone should really nuke the State Department, or blast liberals with hand to hand combat it's just an allegory.

And "knowledgeable Christians" (like Episcopalians, Presbyterians and Methodists) know when he calls them "the spirit of the anti-Christ" he doesn't really mean it. It's just a "metaphor" for... of satan, not-Baptist, and not paying his mortgage?

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them." (Pat Robertson)

Amazing. I'm guilty of histrionics [his·tri·on·ics (hĭs'trē-ŏn'ĭks) Theatrical arts or performances; Exaggerated emotional behavior calculated for effect] but the broadcaster calling Presbyterians the spirit of the Antichrist is simply skilled in the art of metaphor.

Question: Did Zell Miller crawl up your ass and die? Metaphorically speaking of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join