It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

describe the devil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
There is no Devil. It doesn't exist.

Nice try buddy!!! I'm not falling for your tricks.

The Devil certainly is clever in choosing his disguises...

But only something of pure evil could ever be this cute in today's world.....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Organized Religion.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
mOjOm

I see you subscribe to the cute = evil philosophy.

I was trying to explain this to what appeared to be a reasonable and intelligent individual recently, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Some people are sucked in by cute and do not understand the evil behind it.

Let us join in a battle at ATS some time against the forces of cuteness.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFiresOfHeaven
i'd like to hear peoples description of the devil i hope this is allright

I don't know what he looks like, but I was married to his daughter for four years! Horrid creature, I tell you!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
mOjOm

I see you subscribe to the cute = evil philosophy.

I was trying to explain this to what appeared to be a reasonable and intelligent individual recently, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Some people are sucked in by cute and do not understand the evil behind it.

Let us join in a battle at ATS some time against the forces of cuteness.

I'M THERE!!!!

As if the Devil was really going to show up cloven hooved, pitch fork in hand, dressed in flames and that same old dog and pony show. That's been done to death and would hardly grab the attention of the detached audience of today. The Devil would be lucky to make the tabloids with that old get up.

Mr. Winkle??? Found by a Woman in the middle of nowhere and nursed back to health......The woman works within the media getting Mr. Winkle World Recognition.....To date nobody can figure out his breed!!!.......Everybody wants a Mr. Winkle after they meet the precious little guy......And that tongue, do I even need to go on....

Like I said before....Who else could be this cute in today's sick @$$ world.....I'm not fooled for a second

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You don't know? It says in the bible what he looks like. An angel with the feathers torn from his wings.

The whole horn and hoof thing came from the church trying to make witchcraft look evil by making the god Hurn into the image of satan. But satan is describe by the so called "holy" book as an angel with his feathers torn off the wings.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
You don't know? It says in the bible what he looks like. An angel with the feathers torn from his wings.

The whole horn and hoof thing came from the church trying to make witchcraft look evil by making the god Hurn into the image of satan. But satan is describe by the so called "holy" book as an angel with his feathers torn off the wings.

Anyone else still in doubt???

I won't even comment on this one....I'm sure you can come to your own conclusions....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here is the devil...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yep, that's my preference...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The devil is a mind thing......
You make him/her/it to be what ever you percieve it to be.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ok fine....picture Darkness (as played by Tim Curry in Legend)... That's pretty much the stereotypical Devil in my book...

I was thinking the same upon my entrance into this thread. Although it is a stereotypical image, you have to admit the 'Lord of Darkness' looks frightening! Perhaps I'm just a wimp.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Dante describes the Devil as having three heads in mockery of the holy trinity and residing in the deepest circle of Hell. He is also very massive with wings I believe.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I also doubt the devil exists... If it exists, it would be just a toughtform... No more than Daffy Duck or Macbeth...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
the devil is the most beautiful of all the saints. He is untainted except for vanity and greed. His thirst for power caused him to fall. He is the embodiment of politician.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFiresOfHeaven
i'd like to hear peoples description of the devil i hope this is allright

Devil- bad. God- Good.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well the Satanic Bible says the devil is a dark force of nature,but christians painted satan as a goaty thing

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Devil is the Ultimate Lie.

He will tell and show you everything that you want to hear and see.
But none of it is true.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I used to think the devil wore a red dress with a body that could bring down a building, however, that was before IT came over to my house after a rather intense period of spiritual practice - no joke.

He is a devine psychosis of epic proportions. A fallen God with an ego full of bricks and a terribly bad attitude because his pride has gotten the best of him and his legions of demons are rather annoying.

My experience went something like this - he felt strong and beautiful and full of wit, however he didn't know who he was nor what brought him to that moment in time in an ordinary room on earth facing my Perfectly Complete Foe Destroying Friend who was there to help. My body was full of space yet, occupying that space was a vaste black diety, something like a vast octopus with a myriad of tentacles. At the end of each tentacle was a human ego, one of which was my own which seemed from his perspective, unimportant and laughable. Confussion and identity crisis ensued. My friend asked me what was going on after having taken a few steps back and then approaching me with a divine, child of heaven brilliance in him.

" Do you mean him or me?"

"You" he replied

"Jonathan?" he said laughing.

"No, you"

"Who?"

My experience at this moment was both horrifying and intrigueing. Difficult to describe. There was no point of reference. The chaotic energy I felt was shifting in and out of various selves attempting to locate itself to no avail. All the selves were somehow associated with an ego form at the end of one of the tar-like tentacles I felt reaching darkly into much of humanity, who were, by the way, of little or no importance. Yet the ego-chief
- that would be the devil - was feading on all the energy of the life forms which It'd hacked and therein drew its strength and sense of awesome power.

My Perfectly Complete Foe Destroying Friend arose as a devine counterpoint to the manifestation of Satan. He was some unrully child of heaven. When he came through after the initial shock of facing such evil, then approaching undaunted, he said

"You know that horrible face you like to make. Well I can do it better."

At this moment I witnessed his face transform into the most grotesque, tar eyed, hair lipped, snaggle toothed, moon shine sodden thing I've ever witnessed. Then he proceeded to mess up Satans hair as if he were some bumbling mishap kid on the cosmic block. Strange, but true.

After messing up my hair ( that would be my hair the devil was wearing at the moment of my posession ) He
- Kid Krishna - spoke in singing tones something curious.

"You know that issue you have about being God?"

"You can have it. Go right ahead. Your God. Now you don't have to be all mad"

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
this may sound weird to some of you but in my opinon drug addiction is the devil. it takes over your life just as a possession..it makes u put the drug ahead of everything u do..it makes u a shadow of your former self..u r a completely different person than u used to be..and the only way to fight addiction and stay clean is through prayer and help from God..at the beginning and end of every NA meeting they say the serenity prayer and it gets you through the day..so in my opinon the devils is heroin and crack and coc aine..and all the other drugs and once u get hooked the drug posseses ur body..what do u think?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I was once aligned with the devil.

Then I got divorced.

<< 1    3 >>

join