It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A genuine question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would like to know what peoples theories are about Jesus' nationality.

I have grown to think that he was a Palestinian, which offers all kinds of arguements as regards Israel, the Anti-Christ and the validity of the Catholic Church.

This is simply a question, so there is no need to create any kind of malice or take any offence from this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Insofar as nationality, I suppose technically he was a Roman, as his parents (the earth bound ones) were returning to Bethlehem for taxation/census purposes under Roman law.
Ethnically, he was Hebrew through his stand-in parent Joseph. I suppose you'd have to check Mitochondrial DNA on Mary to determine wherefrom she sprang, but I would imagine 100% Hebrew there as well.

Bethlehem is I believe currently in Palestine, but back then it would simply have been among the many towns of the former nation of Israel then under Roman occupation.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have never heard any conjecture that Jesus was anything but Hebrew.

There is no 'Palestinian' ethnic group. What are called 'Palestinians' today are a mixture of various Middle Eastern ethnicities that happen to live in Palestine and through assimilation share a culture and political/social views.

A lot like America. There is no 'American' ethnicity, but there is an American culture (no flames here, please).

join