It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Conspiracy Movie Coming Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"The Constant Gardner" is coming out to the big screen on August 26th. It's a movie about a conspiracy by the pharmaceutical companies that are testing drugs on Africans. They are willing to kill people to coverup a lethal side effect.

Trailer line: "The conspiracy is global".

www.theconstantgardener.com...
movies.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i love true stories
this movie ought to be good

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I gave it a bump so that others get a chance to see it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
no offense to anyone, but why is this in medical issues and conspiracies?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
no offense to anyone, but why is this in medical issues and conspiracies?

Because it is a movie about the very conspiracy that we have with the drug companies. The movie itself isn't a consparacy, but is based on an actual one....

Unless they are purposely making a movie to make it appear that such a conspiracy is fiction.......which would be a conspiracy in itself......

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The movie is fictional.

Tell me again why this makes it a conspiracy?

Because it's...a...story?

I guess 24 (the series) would also be a conspiracy then. And the myriad other shows/movies relating to government conspiracies and the like which happen to be based completely in fiction.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
The movie is fictional.

Tell me again why this makes it a conspiracy?

Just thought I would let people know about it. Didn't even think anyone would reply. I'm sorry if it bothers you.

Mods, feel free to move this to BTS or wherever you think is appropriate.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No no no that wasn't my point

I'm just interested in where the conspiracy lies...

Are you implying, for example, that it's really based on a true case?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think the movie is about a conspiracy involving the pharmaceutical companies using Africans as test subjects and it sounds like they are dieing and people are being killed to cover it up, and they are going to release the drug/drugs anyway even though there is a lethal side effect. I don't know the plot yet, but thought it was interesting, and thought others might like to know.

I have no idea if there is any truth to it. But I do think the pharmaceutical companies are taking advantage of us and are contributing the high rate of increase of health care costs. I'm referring to the USA of course; other countries get medicine cheaper than we do, like Canada for example.

It would not surprise me if this did happen. Pharmaceuticals have become the most profitable industry in this country, and they have covered up the bad side effects from drugs before. They just pulled several off the shelves recently (cox 2 inhibitors like Celebrex), and I heard there was proof that they knew there was a higher rate of stroke and heart attacks, but covered up the study, and continued to sell the drugs. Now that I think about it, maybe the movie is based on this, but exaggerated.

I bet the drug companies are not too happy about this movie coming out.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Saw the preview for this about an hour or two ago. Don't quite know what to make of it - I think it's too sensationalized, although it's the first movie in a while that's being billed as conspiratorial, interesting that they think that's a big enough market.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
God ain't real, but we have plenty of forums dedicated to him. This movie just plays off of fears people think possibly have room in the real world to exist but not on such a global basis.

new topics

top topics

join