It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Carpets and Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Okay, many of you will think this is absurd, but I have been studying ancient egyptian culture, having read many leatherbound books on the subject, and I am wondering about what you all think of flying carpets? I think that magic flycing carpets are another example of myth mirroring reality, kind of like that movie Unbreakable.

I think that it is very possible that the greys potentially would ride around on hoverboards or other floating devices to use as transportaiton. I was actually originally told this theory by this wacky guy who hangs out at UCLA and claims to have spoken with the greys on many occasions.

The more I think about this, the more I think it is very possible that the greys used some type of floaitng device, and then this was implemented in myuths, since it is practically a fact that the greys had a large hand in ancient egypt. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
is there any reall evidence though to suggest alien influence in ancient egypt? the carpets could be just that, mythical theories of flight...like a flying car or skateboard in back to the future 2...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

is there any reall evidence though to suggest alien influence in ancient egypt? the carpets could be just that, mythical theories of flight...like a flying car or skateboard in back to the future 2...

Well, maybe. BUt you can't prove that this isn't true, so we must at least assume it kind of is until we can prove otherwise.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

it is practically a fact that the greys had a large hand in ancient egypt

Forgive me, but I really have to disagree with this statement. There is no hard evidence that aliens played any role in ancient Egyptian culture, or any culture at all, whatsoever. There are theories and debates, but certainly nothing that comes close to being considered a fact.

As for the flying carpet myth, I believe it was originally used to elevate the leader of an empire (whether Arabic, Egyptian or Indian) or culture above the status of common human beings by attributing the powers of magic and flight to them, given that many ancient rulers were seen either as gods themselves (Egypt, for example) or as the appointees of a god. Therefore, stories were woven to presage their divinity and this was one of them. It just seems like too much of a stretch to believe that these ancient peoples would confuse sophisticated flying machines with carpets. True, they might not have known what such machines were (if they had contact with them at all, which I do not believe), but surely they were no fools.

Chalk this one up to simple good storytelling and myth-making, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have to agree with Jeremiah here, there's certainly no evidence of alien involvement in ancient Egypt.

Anyway, I thought flying carpets were more of an Arab/Persian tale, not from ancient Egypt.

new topics

top topics

join