It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Plots Sept. 11-Style Attack in Britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bin laden is coming on tour of the UK this year

www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We are on high here so i doubt there will be any sept 11 style attack on England, but there will probably be an attack

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
William,

I believe this falls under the category of posting news without any opinion on it... or posting for the sake of posting.

Freeman,

this is an interesting article. However, other than your "hee hee hee" you neglect to post any opinion on the matter. I'm not sure you even read the article because if you had you surely would not be giggling about it.

I don't think Al Qaeda will be hijacking anymore plans in the near future, but look for them to use new means of terror even more horrific and on grander scale. Britain is very likely to be on the top of their list along with the US.

Glad to live in Canada..aaaaaahhhhh I can enjoy what's left of summer, provided we don't have anymore blackouts!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Glad to live in Canada..aaaaaahhhhh "

giggling about it? GIGGLING ABOUT IT?

"
...and FBI spokesman said...

Other information suggested Australia, Canada and the U.S. as potential targets in attacks, one of which "could be executed by the end of the summer," the Telegraph reported."

That's got to be the funniest thing i heard all day. Sorry

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is BS! There will not be anykind of (terrorist..) attack on UK, and propably not even against US.. ever again. At least not "at home"..

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Freeman,

not only are you giggling at the possibility of a terrorits attack on the UK, Australia, Italy, or the US, but now you are miquoting news articles. This is very poor form.

There is absolutely no mention of Canada being a target...because we rule!

Post something worthwhile...like an opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well us Brits take no messing. The first sign of any attack and we'll be on those terrorists like flies to ...errr. poo. And maybe give them a good ole' fashioned umbrella smacking.

But on a serious note, I don't see what is incredibly funny about more lives being taken. Unless I fail to see the point made in your post, freeman.

I don't see where terrorists could strike in Britain. Maybe a football game, canary wharf? Anything that did happen in Britain could never be on the scale of Sept 11th ( or 11/9 as the British 'should' call it). But an attack would be disasterous to say the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anything can be staged..oppss, I mean happen anytime, anywhere!

Bet on it....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why are YOU planning an attack on Canada?

Personally, I think YOU are not a very credible poster at all and have very little relevent information to divulge.

YOU choose to "hee hee hee" at the thought of a new terrorist attack. you should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why do people still disregard Great Britain as a primary target?

I have lived in both the U.S. and the U.K. for at least one decade in each country, and therefore believe I have a good sense of national pride in each.

It is beyond obvious that Americans think of themselves as the greatest people on Earth, whether that being the case or not is unimportant. Throughout this board, many Americans disregard the U.K. as a "worthwhile" target. What I want to get across is the sheer importance of the danger of attacking England.

* MI5 Security Intelligence Building (London)
* Houses of Parliament
* Canary Wharf
* Buckingham Palace

The above sites are prime terrorist targets, it most certainly can not be said it will never be attempted, as horrible the thought is.

So attacking the above targets will not incur the loss of as many lives as the WTC attack, but they still hold significant importance in the war on terrorism.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fulcrum, do you ever watch the news?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yes, but can they do in time to save blair's ass?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Terrorist attacks WILL happen again on US soil, you can bet on it. Something will go down again. Its in the air.

Britian could get targeted too, perhaps, since now the opposition throws Britian in its axis of evil with the US or Israel.

But Britian is smaller, has better security, ect. With all the security cameras everywhere, It would be pretty hard to get away with anything.

Then again, they do have a pretty good sized Muslim population, anyone could be hiding in there.

And lets not forget about the CIA.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well now OBL's plans have been leaked by the press Great Britain cannow prepare a welcome mat for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
they might be doing us brits a favour if they take out some of the parracites we call royalty/goverment

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The one group Britain is really worried about for suicide bombings is the hizb-ut-tahrir. This gruop has extreme views and are anti-semantic and urge Muslims to kill Jews where ever they find thme. Check it out:
www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's too risky for the governments to allow something so big as 9/11 to happen again I believe, but you never know what's going to happen of course. And if it do happen then I think that we should start to worry about those controlling our life.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
?? news ???

sorry, that article was FLUFF

a miserable copy of 911 hindsight, set to new names
places times

this? is suppose to instill confidence that our CRACK

INTELLIGENCE TEAMS are on the job???
~~~~~

same-old same-old= the bureaufat cats are concerned with their own vacation plans+benefit pkgs+retirements
(inside da box thinkers)
~~~~~

i'll just think for myself to avoid a terrorist situatio

MrEisenhower kindly repeat, to the unawares,
that 911 can have two different calendar dates...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join