It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we react!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
lol..... Pet martion ...keep getting images of that ALF alien

lol

PYX

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The only people I see having a MAJOR problem with ET is those that are devout god believer's

Well, let me tell you there are a lot of those "people", and I use the term loosely, over on the other forum I visit. They claim that ET's are demons and fallen angels. There is a thread that has over 2000 posts and is gaining cult status damning the ET's that they know NOTHING about! They assume that since they are not of this world and have never heard the name of Jesus Christ that they are automatically evil.

Boggles the mind that people could be so ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It depends. I offer the little guy a beer. If he drinks a beer with me, he's A-ok.
If he declines the beer, I pick up a large stick and I beat him to near death. Then, I go with V-W to the nearest government alien purchasing site, collect me billions, and go buy beer. And a walk-in fridge.

So, I figure the ball is in E.T.'s court. If he requests a Budweiser, I'll just have to hope the government will give me some change for the dead carcasse!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
So, I figure the ball is in E.T.'s court. If he requests a Budweiser, I'll just have to hope the government will give me some change for the dead carcasse!

Then they kill you for knowing....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have the first episode of ALF

PYX,

Which forum are you talking about? I'm up for a little fun

TC,

Just be carefull the ET doesn't beat you first!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
It depends. I offer the little guy a beer. If he drinks a beer with me, he's A-ok.
If he declines the beer, I pick up a large stick and I beat him to near death. Then, I go with V-W to the nearest government alien purchasing site, collect me billions, and go buy beer. And a walk-in fridge.

Right on....if that alien orders some lite punk beer hes gonna get beat but if he orders some hard liquer hes going to be my boy! i would bring him everywhere! look, its my extra terrestrial driunking budy! maybe he could drink everyone under the table. i mean, any society that can travel in outer space must have some way to get f*cked up. thats alot of stuff to deal with hahaha

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
if aliens contacted us and then came to earth theres no way we could hold up a fight even if we wanted to. with all their technology its said if aliens were hostile they will sort the entire human race into two groups in just 5 minutes, good workers and non workers...they non workers some believe they would kill....hmm maybe i better get to the gym

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In that case im off to the gym too !!!!

That would be realy scarey....wonder what they woild make us do???

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

if aliens contacted us and then came to earth theres no way we could hold up a fight even if we wanted to.

This arguement seems to come up a lot, but honestly, I don't buy it....

Just because they developed a spacedrive, doesn't mean our weapons won't work against them... Also, perhaps they never even went along the lines of weapon development...??? Nah...there are too many ifs to simply concede automatic defeat.....

PYX

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
E-nonymous

Thread you asked about is on Godlike Productions here:

www.godlikeproductions.com.../25/2003

You do not have to register to post responses there. The thread is currently 2422 posts long, so I hope you have a lot of time on your hands! Actually, I think you will probably get the jist of things after the first few pages, and then checking where they are on the last page.

Tip: Anonymous Coward is anyone who posts without registering or typing a screen name of their own. It is a default moniker. It is not just one person-everyone new there always asks about that.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
heh, I don't mind being called an anonymous coward. Damned admin's will have my IP anyway's

ID

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe the movie Men in Black said it best. People are smart but groups are fearful and panicky (not the exact quote). I believe that even if they "came in peace" there would still be wide spread panic. Perhaps that is why they have not reviled themselves yet.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Somehow I have the feeling that we might react in a positive fashion, I am not convinced that ETs intentions are negative. I base this on my own concept, my concept being that there must be more than one alien culture, there could be something like the "Prime Directive" of non interference, which points in the direction of an Inter Galactic union. Hundreds of alien cultures could be working together, either to observe or protect. Of course there is always the possibilty that ET could just be waiting to take over, waiting for us to put ourselves in a drastic situation, world wide of course, step in and proclaim themselves the saviors!! Making all of us greatfull, but in the end rape our planet for all she is worth. I must say I would be very skeptical of any Aliens coming and saying we come in peace.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I wish I would meet some aliens in need of a bounty hunter type person for expriements.

I'd take a nano-genetic-cyber-combat-implants

Then be their minion I guess.

I'd get some awesome power, but everyone is someone elses beehotch

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PYX
They claim that ET's are demons and fallen angels. There is a thread that has over 2000 posts and is gaining cult status damning the ET's that they know NOTHING about!

...perhaps some who hold that belief damn Aliens because they DO know a few things about them...

PYX

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Alien-

maybe some do. If you do, would you care to enlighten me? I'm open to discussion about it, because I have no experiences in that area-just keeping an open mind-except in the wannabee cult leader's case.
This guy I'm talking about is starting a cult-all of the signs are there. He is using religion to manipulate people. He probably doesn't even care about whether aliens exist,either way, he's just enjoying controlling these sheeple that are hanging on his every word about being chosen to fight aliens.

Whatever!

ID

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is my opinion that the likely hood of Aliens coming here with good intentions is slim at best. Aliens run horrible tests on humans and other animals like cattle. So either they have no conscious and couldn't care less about what we think or they consider us inferior life forms. Either way I see little good coming from past of future alien encounters.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i would think the majority of aliens were hostile...

as for why, i mean look at humans...

the majority of humans who have power over more humans ussually are corrupt...

power corrupts and obsolute power currupts absolutly...

anyway i dont think aliens are much more advanced than we are now, i mean military tech, i would think if aliens come from outer space/inter dimentions they are not going to be any more advanced than about 200 years... i think they have possibly reached there technological limit...

as i think we are probably bordering now...of course this technology is classified......

sure aliens have probably been this technologically superior for 1000's of years.. maybe humans have had the tech for 1000's of years and its been covered up...

im a good beliver in from 99% of the population you dont get something for nothing, if somebody helps you its ussually for there own needs...

now if aliens are emotionless as some people say they are they wouldnt have a problem being hostile...

it wouldnt supprise me if aliens have been here for 1000's of years among us...

maybe we as a race are the aliens of the universe...
maybe we have raped and pillaged the greys reptiles planets and civilizations...

maybe the greys people see are acutally our slaves...

maybe humans are the demons that the bible talks about...

maybe this is hell!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
who knows.... everything is not as it seams... quite possibly

ID

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

i would think the majority of aliens were hostile...

as for why, i mean look at humans...

the majority of humans who have power over more humans ussually are corrupt...

power corrupts and obsolute power currupts absolutly...

Ah but we are not alien Blade Runner. If people from different continents can have completely different views imagine people from different worlds. Unless you are suggesting that Aliens are in some way related to ourselves. An example of this would be that they are us in the future.

i mean military tech, i would think if aliens come from outer space/inter dimentions they are not going to be any more advanced than about 200 years... i think they have possibly reached there technological limit...

This is all well and good but the very next thing you say is

sure aliens have probably been this technologically superior for 1000's of years.. maybe humans have had the tech for 1000's of years and its been covered up...

Are you saying that in 200 years we will be able to achieve the same technology or are you saying that it took them 1000 years to do so? Also why would there be a cap on technology? Simply beacuse we cannot invision it now does not mean it is not possible in the future. I am sure back in the day noone thought horseless carrages were possible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join