It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo trials rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Leaked emails claim Guantanamo trials rigged
ABC News

Leaked emails from two former prosecutors claim the military commissions set up to try detainees at Guantanamo Bay are rigged, fraudulent, and thin on evidence against the accused.
"After all, writing a motion saying that the process will be full and fair when you don't really believe it is kind of hard, particularly when you want to call yourself an officer and lawyer."

Maj Preston was transferred out of the Office of Military Commissions less than a month later.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. And I do believe these men are telling the truth.

There's no reason not to believe it the way Rumsfeld & Co. have conducted this whole thing.

It's a travesty. There is no justice. They claim to be after justice, but they care only for veangeance, irregardless of how its misplaced.

The people in charge of running this operation need serious psychotherapy.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Would it be fair to say that those US Senators that visted and reviewed Gitmo are also in need of psychotherapy, as well?
Seems to me that virtually all that visited and observed Gitmo said that things were AOK and working within military and humane guidelines?

Perhaps this is another case of them simply declaring support for going to war, as well as voting for such, but once at war, that they then do not support the war? Oh my....senators seemingly speak with fork-tongues.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Of course there rigged.
Your really think they USA will let these men go back to there middleastern countries?

Same with Saddam.
You reall think the US will let him expain 'his side' of the story ?

notice how the delegates and officials visiting guantanamo are all US ?

Let a swedish senator with NO ties to the USA go visit them i say.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Would it be fair to say that those US Senators that visted and reviewed Gitmo are also in need of psychotherapy, as well?

No doubt. But that's another thread.

I'll just say that if I was doing something illegal or immoral and I knew some authorities were going to come and go over my place with a fine tooth comb, I'd be sure and get everything all spic and span, know what I mean? I'd make sure there were no signs of incriminating evidence left lying about.

Oh my....senators seemingly speak with fork-tongues.

Well, that would be a first, wouldn't it?

top topics

join