It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Morning: A Revolutionary War movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm watching this Revolutionary War movie, "April Morning," starring Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn and Chad Lowe. It's weird, its a little older ('cos Lowe must be in his late teens), but I have never heard of it.

It really hits me. I've not spent near enuff time thinking about that war. I should considering it looks like the USA might just go through that kind of thing again in the not-too-distant future.

Having gone to war myself (albeit in a far off land), more than a few of the scenes have gotten to me. Especially the part (in the end) when Americans became free men.

Check it out.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Right now all men from villages all around are gathering and marching together toward the battle of Concord (against a physically mighty foe). That took guts, man.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Young Adam says, "but we are all British?"

"Aye, lad, we were until today!"

On the birth of a nation.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I'm watching this Revolutionary War movie, "April Morning," starring Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn and Chad Lowe. It's weird, its a little older ('cos Lowe must be in his late teens), but I have never heard of it.

It really hits me. I've not spent near enuff time thinking about that war. I should considering it looks like the USA might just go through that kind of thing again in the not-too-distant future.

Having gone to war myself (albeit in a far off land), more than a few of the scenes have gotten to me. Especially the part (in the end) when Americans became free men.

Check it out.

are you suggesting that a revolt or a civil war is in the works? thats happend once and it didnt work out for the confederates.

any domestic revolt will be put down by the US military without mercy. they have tanks and planes and all they good stuff. what would rebels have?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was just talking about that here:

You're right.

It's not a pretty prospect for we the people.

Can you imagine if several of our cities were hit with suitcase nukes, martial law was declared and the government demanded all citizens turn over their firearms?

The masses would be in shock, ravaged by destruction and uncertainty and wouldn't know how to react. What of those who stubbornly resisted turning over their weapons? Pockets of resistance would break out. Especially down South.

It's almost too horrible to contemplate. It's worth recalling, America's most devastating war was actually our own Civil War. Rich whites vs. rich whites.

Some say there are UN Blue Helmets already being held/prepared across the USA, for that very reason. It would be much easier for foreign troops to shoot us down if things went berzerk.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join