It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hi,

I am new here, looks like exactly the forum I have been looking for!

A little about myself, I am retired military, I presently live in a very small German village where I run a small Mom and Pop store. I also work part time for T-Mobile as a logistican, keeps the rust out of the brain. My main interests encompass ancient civilizations, UFOs and related topics. I have done ALOT of traveling here in Europe mostly visiting ancient cities, I spent three days walking blisters on my feet in Pompei and still didnt see it all!!, did the same in Ephesos and Malta just to mention a few. Ultimate trip will be to S. America!!!

I am looking forward to sharing info and just plain reading!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Are you related to the General by any chance? Sorry- bad joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
No!!! LOL but I did have a girlfriend who's last name was Rice, we were going to combine our name
Rice-Crispi, glad I didnt marry her, no telling what our kids would have been named, not considering the harrasment they would have had in school!!!LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well, welcome to the boards Jim
Sounds like you've got a lot of experience to add to the boards.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Welcome Jim have fun(but not too much fun!)

BTW whats a Mom and Pop store? is it an off licence!?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
hello new person, welcome to ats!!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimcrispi
No!!! LOL but I did have a girlfriend who's last name was Rice, we were going to combine our name
Rice-Crispi, glad I didnt marry her, no telling what our kids would have been named, not considering the harrasment they would have had in school!!!LOL

At least your last name isn't Puff and your girl friends name is Cocoa... now THAT would be funny.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Jim i bet you're glad your last name isnt Crunch you, werent a Captain by any chance were u?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Somehow I knew I was going to get ribbed!!! LOL, I am still waiting for the Crispi Critters comments, I guess I will have to wait for the Cryptozooalagy(sp) people for that one!!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Jim, what part of Germany are you in?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard...

...and I'm another person who has no idea what a Mom and Pop Store is...is that where little kids go to adopt a parent??

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
LOL, no you cant buy parents!! LOL A Mom and Pop store is a small store that has a little bit of everything. You can have a cup of good Italian coffee, or buy a case of German beer or any of the 13 different types of beer I have, purchase a dozen eggs that were laid that day or even buy an ice cream. These stores were really all over the place in the old days, they dissapered when the big supermarkets took over.

One of the reasons I opened this store was because I was sick and tired of the rat race. I spent 20 years in the military and then went to work for the Army
Corp(se) of Engineers for 11 years. I couldnt take the stupid politically correct attitudes and the waste of our tax dollars and the other penty anty crap and just walked away from it! Since then I have lost 30 pounds have become very mellow, happy and re-learned enjoyment of life!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So its just like a small supermarket or a newsagents then?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Drunk Yep! With a twist! I imported a Canadian Ceder Wood house and put the store in it! A real eye catcher! Its really good therapy for me I enjoy the contact, amazing some of the stories you hear from the old Germans. I really received an education about WW2 as seen from the eyes of common Germans. One old guy was an Eastern Front and later a Western front Vet, he surrendered to the Americans went to a POW camp in Colorado and then went to work for the National Sauerkraut Factory in Wisconsin after the war. He came back to take care of his mother and father and ended up staying in Germany. He was one of Skorzeny's (the guy who rescued Mussolini) staff NCO's, we talk for hours.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Jim, sounds like you've got alot of experience under your belt; looking forward to your posts!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
NetChicken - I live in the Westerwald portion, its about have way between Frankfurt and Cologne. The village is Elbingen, we have about 300 people living, or vegatating, depends how you look at it, but that number includes dogs, cats, cows, pigs and horses. I have been living there for about 5 years. I am the only American in the village, which makes me the village scapegoat every time G.Bush pulls a stunt!! Good conversation across the counter, some of these older Germans arent oblivious to the outside world as one would think.

top topics

join