It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Bushed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bush loses half of US support
August 24, 2003

A GROWING number of Americans don't want to see US President George W. Bush re-elected next year, and fear US troops will be drawn into a long, costly occupation of Iraq, according to a Newsweek poll released yesterday.

For the first time the poll has found that more registered voters - 49 per cent - would not want Bush to return for a second term in office if the elections were now, compared with 44 percent who would.

Only 23 percent said terrorism and homeland security would be the most important issues for them in the November 2004 election, compared with 48 percent who said deciding factors for them now would be the economy and jobs.

Meanwhile, 69 percent are now convinced the United States will become bogged down in Iraq, without achieving ostensible goals in getting the country back on its feet.

Some 40 percent of them are now "very concerned" US troops will be there for the long-haul.

Watch for more DHS, FEMA, at-home paranoia and fear tactics soon?

Or just get rid of the bastards.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Don't vote for Bush that'll be a huge mistake...again, we don't wanna repeat our fault twice do we? The next president better focus on economy affairs and public relations instead of war affairs, it'll only weak us even more

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Watch for more DHS, FEMA, at-home paranoia and fear tactics soon?

Or just get rid of the bastards.

These stats bring some hope, however I suspect that more fear tactics will be employed. The long-range plan is going to be carried out regardless of voting.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I having some doubts about Bush. While I support a tuff stance on Terror and foreign policy. Iraq has given me some doubts. After 9/11 the government seemed to be trying to get people to trust it again. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt when it came to WMD's in Iraq. There dont seem to be any though. We did a horrible job of planning the reconstruction. I dont know enough about economics to take much of an oppinon on that. However I would say there is a good chance I will be voting for some one other than Bush next year.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Langolier

1. I find it good news when people review performance seriously like that.

2. You are about to fall off the right hand edge of your mood meter. Hold on tight.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I really hope people aren't dumb enough to keep Dubya in office. I really didn't have an opinion on him, until he became so obsessed with war on Iraq. He reminds me so much of the lead hunter kid in Lord of the Flies.

Hey! Why is my meter so lame? I'm never freaking tranquil in real life! How the hell does that thing work?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Good!!!

No shrub!!! No shrub!!! No shrub!!!

Vote them all out!!!

Vote Howard Dean!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Poll data swings like the proverbial pendulum in this country...

What cracks me up is how they find that many truly "aware" people to poll...

I speak with dozens, if not hundreds of people a day, mostly employees at the office, who are apparantly BLIND and DEAF when it comes to the political landscape.

This leads me to beleive that the polls can be manipulated by the best and or most seen/listened to ad campaign going that day.

This is a tragedy really...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bush's numbers are dropping fast. Expect another BIG terrorist attack soon. Bush needs to get people in to a patriotic fervor so he gets re-elected.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   

For the first time the poll has found that more registered voters - 49 per cent - would not want Bush to return for a second term in office if the elections were now, compared with 44 percent who would.

Nice way to twist a poll. Where is the poll on WHO these people are going to vote for instead?
There is still no viable alternative out there. People may say they don't want Bush in there but they will find little choice in the upcoming election.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
fry2 has it right. so lets say bush gets bounced. who steps in and does all these that the people ask?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
...he'd be swearing it's better to elect Arnold than keep Davis!

OK Kids, here's how it goes: you register to vote, you have data set aside on you. It gets sold. Pollsters buy lists, they poll.
Registered voters will vote, unlike your average bumpkin, their opinion on who they want/don't want for president is sought out.

Bush has never been above 50% on the question: " Would you like to see Bush re-elected?"...never....ever.
In July 2001, it was somewhere in the mid 40%'s.

Yet, most people assumed that the question of approval was the same as reelect-ability....it's not & never was.
A nation allowed to be attacked and fed a stream of fear & kept at a heightened fear level....gosh darn it! they just loved to see someone/anyone/anything struck out against.

As for the canard " There's no real candidate out there to oppose him" , it's so wrong on so many levels. It's fresh off the pages of FoxNews, which was fresh from the mouth of Karl Rove. It's another "repeat it until it's true" propaganda mechanism from the Bush camp.
Where it's wrong from the get go is that it assumes Bush is a real candidate himself.....that strawman has less substance than air.

there are very real candidates with very real accomplishments.....and none of them are Liberal. Kerry/Dean/Graham, with Wes Clark as VP....yeah...Bush has a chance!

Wait!!

He Does!!!

www.americaheldhostile.com...

www.nbc4.tv...

www.americanfreepress.net...

Every company mentioned:

'Pioneer' level Bush campaign contributor.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Bush's numbers are dropping fast. Expect another BIG terrorist attack soon. Bush needs to get people in to a patriotic fervor so he gets re-elected.

Yes, I agree...and Mars is approaching, and Back to School Specials are almost over...Are we ready for the "spectacular" attack? No, no no! It should end here, but it won't =c

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
mishap

Can you post the lyrics of the last song your band put together about terrorism in the new order of things?

I saw an interview with Evan Dando (ex Lemonheads) on how being there to see 9/11 happen in front of his eyes was such a shock to him he esperienced 'euphoria' over it i his songwriting. I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it came across.

Do you get political and activist in those songs, or do you just look at emotional issues like the disenfranchisement caused by bad policy and bad government, in general?

What sort of real anti-corruption anti-Bush songs and music ought te be coming out, to encouarage us to get rid of all the a$$holes in this administration? (Never mind what the mainstream media decided to stupidly do with the Dixie Chicks initially). Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
There is still no viable alternative out there. People may say they don't want Bush in there but they will find little choice in the upcoming election.

A damn monkey could make better decisions.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You know, even with Bush out of office the chances of our national security policies changing will probably be next to nill.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yes, but hopefully we won't have some paranoid delusional a$$hole who's obsessed with war, and won't make any distinction between terrorists and the countries that harbor them.
That alone would make me feel a bit more comfortable. After all, by their definition, even drug dealers are terrorists, and I'm pretty sure there are drug dealers in every country.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
God talks to Bush. Bush is hearing voices in his head. Most people who hear voices from god get locked up by the men in funny white jackets. But its ok if he does it, cuz he has his finger on the red button.

Its not enough to vote Bush out of office, not enough for Bush to even get impeached!

Nothing less than his trial for grand treason and mass muder will even come close to avenging the deaths of 3000 people on sep 11, hundreds of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, and countless thousands of Iraqis and Afghanis who have died in the name of anti Terror.

Bush must be tried, period, Ill not be happy until it happens.

Then again, that probably means Ill never be happy. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Do you honestly feel that you will have more input and control of the future of America if you vote for the other guy? Do you really?
The system has an agenda. Whether its a republican with a red tie or a democrat with a blue one standing in front of the American flag on TV, the politicians are a means to an end.
The people are the property to be herded, fed and taxed.
A democrat will be elected. In 2000 the system slected an extreme right winger to push through more severe parts of its agenda. As the appropiate amount of backlash has been generated they will now substitute a man who "reflects" the accumulated reactionary energy of the other side. So it goes......

Everything is done to keep the mob from the gates as long as possible.

[Nothing is true]

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
B
A GROWING number of Americans don't want to see US President George W. Bush re-elected next year, and fear US troops will be drawn into a long, costly occupation of Iraq, according to a Newsweek poll released yesterday.

OPPS

TOO BAD AMERICA

You are stupid

Join the TEA PARTY and reclaim you idiocy

new topics

top topics

join