It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS site mascot.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
What is SO?

And to me a ferret is nothing more than a glorified RAT with a fluffy tale. Lets have a Greyhound as our mascot! If not, everyone here should at least adopt a greyhound!

Greyhounds are like potato chips... you can't have just one!

I have a Whippet, they are smaller but nearly as fast and they jump freaky high! While not particularly suited to our rugged lifestyle, the dogs are funny as heck and tricky little things.

(edit to add P.S.)

P.S. My Whippet also looks alot like your Greyhound.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by No1tovote4]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by No1tovote4

Originally posted by Rasputin13
What is SO?

And to me a ferret is nothing more than a glorified RAT with a fluffy tale. Lets have a Greyhound as our mascot! If not, everyone here should at least adopt a greyhound!

Greyhounds are like potato chips... you can't have just one!

I have a Whippet, they are smaller but nearly as fast and they jump freaky high! While not particularly suited to our rugged lifestyle, the dogs are funny as heck and tricky little things.

(edit to add P.S.)

P.S. My Whippet also looks alot like your Greyhound.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by No1tovote4]

I've seen plenty of whippets. We do a lot of volunteer work with greyhounds and getting them adopted. We also go to a lot of events designed for the dogs as vacations with tons of activities. There is almost always whippets there as well. They're part of the greyhound community!

I'm guessing since you said your whippet looks like my greyhound, that it's brindle? In addition to Gracie, we have another brindle female and a white and brindle male. Brindle seems to be the most common color among greyhounds/whippets.

Let's make Gracie the Greyhound the ATS mascot! Besides the fact that she's just plain cute, it will help bring further attention to the plight of racing greyhounds and the abuse they face on a daily, world-wide basis. ATS can help us shut down the evil greyhound race tracks. Over 50,000 greyhounds are killed each year simply because they "aren't fast enough." We are trying to find homes for as many as we can, but unfortunately we can't keep up with the breeders. They've been known to dig holes, shoot the dogs in the heads, and bury them in mass graves. They've been poisoned, electrocuted, drugged, beaten, burned, and more. Thats in addition to the horrible conditions in which they often spend their short lives. The career span of a racing greyhound is just 3 years! That means by age 3, the majority of greyhounds are either killed or adopted.

We must do something about this! Let's have an ATS mascot, and in the process do some good! People come here because they want change, whether it be from their government or their corporations, and so on. Let's do something on here that we can definitely accomplish. Let's help save some lives! These are great, loving dogs. They're fun to have, they're trained well. They get along with kids as well as other pets. They're just great dogs to have. Show your support for greyhounds by voting for Gracie the Greyhound for ATS Mascot! And help save a life... contact your local greyhound adoption program!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by No1tovote4

You might be interested in knowing that the Whippet is the mascot of the beleagered Lake Wobegon baseball team.

prettygoodgoods.publicradio.org...

www.ms-studio.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is Guy Happycat. Perhaps, Guy would consent to being the ATS mascot.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am not an artist by any strech, but i have an idea for a mascot for ATS.

Have the body of a gray-but in green- with a tinfoil had on and a newspaper with the headlines visable saying Alien's Don't Exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just like the ferret from the British "Ferret force"... It's cool...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

C'mon folks...isn't it obvious...LOL....... The perfect mascot for our little community.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think an OWL would work best for this Site - All knowing, All Seeing, active at Night, and she looks Damn Cool!

[edit on 9/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
But I thought the owl was one of the symbols of the NWO or some thing. Would seem a bit stupid for a conspiracy site to use it.

Any way that cat with the hat was kick ass.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Elfwood]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I own half a greyhound...his other half is black lab

Which half is which? (front/back?)

OR

EWWW.....!!!! Isn't it messy having half a dog?

Seriously though....he "ferrets" out info right (the ferret).
Well, maybe if he had a tin-foil hat....

I think our mascot should be the little guy from the Varghina UFO case, kind of a cross between a Grey and a Chupacabra....

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by oveon

C'mon folks...isn't it obvious...LOL....... The perfect mascot for our little community.

Definately

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfwood
But I thought the owl was one of the symbols of the NWO or some thing. Would seem a bit stupid for a conspiracy site to use it.

DAMN! Stupid Me! I didn't think of that! DUH!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well, as it is we're all making suggestions for a new one,
I submit this,

The Logical Choice

[edit on 8/9/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I apologize for blatently stealing this picture but after seeing it I just had to.

The ATS Mascot

Motto to go with it: Get your head out of the sand and DENY IGNORANCE!!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hereby submit Scare-dee-cat as our site mascot!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, I think it should be a weasel. They're generally nosy and can kill snakes.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is Guy Happycat. Perhaps, Guy would consent to being the ATS mascot.

Guy Happycat loks like a good mascot, maybe we could get the scary puppets from my post to chase guy happycat, then we would have somehting!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well, I think it should be a weasel. They're generally nosy and can kill snakes.

Ferrets and Weasels are related actually, they are also related to Skunks and Otters...

I still think the Ferret would be best since they can "ferret" out information?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How 'bout an ATS rally monkey??

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i think definitely a cat...they are renowned for their curiousity, and are pretty darn ferocious when backed into a corner.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join