It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you see WW3 starting??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since it appears that with the prolifiration of nuclear weaapons is increasing within nation/states, rogue governments and now possibly independent political or religious groups............it seems inevitable that humans will experience a threaterwide deployment of nuclear weapons in the future.

Since these weapons currently stand as the tour de force in respect and barganing chips........the desire for many entities to obtain them and then point them at each other leaves us tettering on the conflaguration of such force being used. I believe that once that threashold of nuclear detonation under this current state is reached it will be very hard to restrict such exchange from escalating to a gobal exchange........

.......Hence WW3

Unfortunately....there are so many hot spots in the World and forces working again each other which we can contemplate this happening with.......

......but what do you see is the most likely senario for this to happen????

Here's mine..............

Focus on Iran...............why?

Iran says they are going nuclear for peaceful means.............Isreal says no way we will allow them to become nuclear..............Iran says no way Isreal will take out their nuclear capablities........

.......The US is wary of Iran's intentions as well and is also staring at their oil from both sides of the border with presence in Iraqi and Afganistan.........Also, the US is very concerned if Iran decides to move to the Euro from the American dollar as the oil trading standard. and if Iran takes the move it is possible that other oil nations will follow suit.......

This move would cause a Worldwide selloff of American dollars to move to the Euro oil standard and create economic havoc in the US where moving off the gold standard has exposed the "faith based" value of our dollar.

Prior movement in this area by Iraqi is an often overlooked reason why the US launched a preemtive war on them.

Now China has invested in the neighborhood of 800 million in agreements with Iran to help build up their country's infrastructure as they position themselves to work in oil trade deals with this nation to meet their ever increasing demands......

Meanwhile, evidence exists that both China, Russia and Parkistan have contributed to Iran's military nuclear potential............

So...............

Sooner or later the Iranian nuclear effort will be seen as a threat by Isreal and/or the US......as a result there will be an attempt to destroy those nuclear sites through conventional means...........regardless of whether the US or Isreal does this it will be seen as both nations attacking.

Due to their investments and positioning with Iran, China will sit uneasy with this motion (and along with Russia/Parkistan) will provide the means for Iran to retaliate against Isreal...........first with covenional weapons but somewhere between the struggle of Isreal and the US with Iran a nuclear weapon will be detonated in the Middle East..........

That will escalate the interactions of China/US along with other nuclear nations looking to position themselves in economic and resource strengths..........and then poof..........WW3 starts..............

That's how I see it...........and I see this happening within two years.......

Give me your seniaro of this possiblity..........

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
this belongs to global discussion, but in anicase i see in a couple of years where India and Pakistan would duke it out and possibly U.S. of A. would join in the fight and then we got Muslim fanatics who would try to prevent the U.S. from helpin India by attackin Americans around the world, and we respond in kind by attackin facilities related to the Islamic terrorists.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well how about this scenario

Back in the early 60s when the cold war was heating up we had the Cuban Missile Crises’
This was due to America and NATO secretly putting Nukes into Turkey aimed at the Soviet Union.
The Soviets then decided to put troops into Cuba along with Nukes but were seen sailing there on the high seas. Then we had the stale mate when the world sweated for a while but luckily America removed its missiles and the Soviets turned there’s around and went home.
(WW3 put on hold for another day)

Well here’s the adjuror

America ask to puts nukes into Taiwan facing China due to China’s military build up in the south China sea.
Then good old Fidel Castro then says to China you can send your troops over to my country along with some nukes and point them at the USA if you want as long as you bring us some food, modern cars and them bouncy things you sit on and hold there ears (Space Hoppers I think there called)
But the Chinese think differently to the old Soviet Union they wont turn back

But then again China owns a large lump of America now anyway what with bonds and shares from the American treasury and buying up business and trying to acquire America oil companies. You could well call America now (Little China) so will they Nuke it before they asset strip it or vice versa.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterspy

But then again China owns a large lump of America now anyway what with bonds and shares from the American treasury and buying up business and trying to acquire America oil companies. You could well call America now (Little China) so will they Nuke it before they asset strip it or vice versa.

its already happening
, they are called Chinatowns. not to mention thousands of China front companies designed to steal Americans best technology, both civilian and military purposes.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can see the chinese / tawain issue flaring up.
All that is needed for a world war is for America to get sooo bogged down in proxy wars, that they wont be able to live up to treaties.

for instance, if Iraqi insurgetns keep americans there for some years,
then china htis tawain and we also get drawn into that..
whats stoping Nkorea hitting skorea?

We 'western worlds' wont have the power to live up to every treaty.

All that needs to happen is someone to be warm to all leaders of teh world that currently want to ivnade, but cant due to the american treaties.

Hitler befriended Italy and Japan, then the three leaders pretty mcuh went AWOL on the surruonding countries.

So If mr X... befriended Nkorea, China, Iran an so forth and they all hit there enemies at the same time boom we are in world war 3.

thats who the antichrist will be.. someone these three countries look up to.

Nukes wont be used straight away.
Western worlds will try to win it conventianlly,

but when they realise they cant handle facing all these enemies at once then nukes will fly.

maybe 3 nukes per country, focusing on the capital, second capital and military bases..

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some group of fanatics will detonate something WMD within the US or Britain or both. This will provoke action against all known homelands that house or nurture fanatics hell-bent on the destruction of American/British lives and land.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We went to Iraq for one reason, not to get oil, but to control it. We don't need Iraqi oil. If we control Iraq, we have a foothold in Israel, and Afganistan, we have a significant foothold in the middle east. If we control the Middle East, we can control the oil which comes out of it.

Our greatest threat, other than terrorism, is China. It's kind of hard to ignore 200,000,000 soldiers. If China ever figures out logistics, it's time to step up the threat level. If the US and China are forced to go head to head, that's WWIII. Our control in the middle east is one of our premtive attempts to prevent a conflict with China. If we squeeze the blood flow to their economy, we can keep them from stepping up to the plate. If not, China will gain control over all of asia and slowly spread. As stated above, China has many assests thoughout the U.S. Not to mention, they control the P. Canal. And they are building the world's largest port in the carribean. China left unchecked will be the end of US dominance.
With the end of US dominance will come war. For as much as most of the world hates the US, the US has been the World's peacekeeper. (i.e. Pakistan - Indai; China - Taiwan; Old Soviet Union etc...)
Not that the US hasn't made mistakes or wrong decisions, the world is a safer place with US dominance.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

How do you see WW3 starting??

Dont know, but I hope its nothing as dumb as WW1's reasons.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacmkr
Our greatest threat, other than terrorism, is China. It's kind of hard to ignore 200,000,000 soldiers.

China has about 2.4 million soldiers.
200,000,000 Chinese are fit for service but impossible to arm them all. You would need hundreds of billions if not trillions.

They recently cut back on 200 thousand soldiers for other equipment like tanks, aircraft or ships.
Its believe that China spends over 90 billion on its military. Its very high and can be questioned since they try to hide it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I see WWIII starting just as it has. With people failing to learn tolerance and never really mending this world by suppressing fear and hate on an individual basis after WWI & WWII.

I see WWIII starting with the start of recorded history.

Considering the fact that in 7,000 years of written/recorded history the humans on this planet have yet to go 7 consecutive days without war, killing, or destruction.

Great track record for , well, no one except those whom have benifitted.

Think about it:
7,000 years devoid of just 1 week without war, killing, and destruction.

WWIII started a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
WWIII started at the end of WWII and continued until the fall of Communism in the USSR and the fall of the Berlin Wall.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We are already in WWIII. Or, if Grady is correct, WWIV.

That's the problem .. so many people on this planet don't see
that we are in a real WORLD war right now. Radical Islam
against everyone else. They are warped and they are evil
and it is definately us or them. We can't afford to lose, and we
can't afford not to see that they are in a war against all of us.

VDS

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Many countries probably do not want a world war involving them purely for economic reasons, however some flashpoints that can act as a catalyst are currently present

1) North Korea issue
2) Taiwan being reclaimed by China
3) Some sort of escalation of current war on Terror, to include Military exchanges rather than terroist acts.

I do not forsee it happening anytime soon unless current global geopolitics change drastically. Although anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have to agree with Grady, We are already in WW3.
As in the earlier WW's they started out small(ish) and then escalated to include more and more countries. At the moment (our) war on terror could and should be considered under this light. There is no way that if as the US gov't says, that the end result is to stop terrorism, this war will eventually include more and more countries and territories.

top topics

join