It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody here watch the show Over There on FX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
what do yall guys think? think it really protrays how the grunts are fighting in Iraq while dealing with personal problems, hate, etc. i thought it was a good 1st episode.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Totally unrealistic.

Point being:

A.) Their patches showed them to be part of the 3rd Infantry Division, from 7th Army Command, Germany. They are combat soldiers, yet under fire, they were asking their seargent all kinds of stupid questions, like stuff you learn in basic training.

B.) One guy kept calling his seargent "Sir", and the seargent is like "quit calling me sir, I fight for a living". You learn not to call an NCO sir in your first week of basic training.

C.) Everyone had a nickname. WTF is that? This ain't the airforce!

D.) During the battle, a Humvee pulled up, and a guy shot a rocket that blew an Iraqi in half. 5 minutes later, the seargent asks for some 'big guns' support, yet none are all of a sudden available.

I got to go, more to follow later........

Not WORTH THE TIME TO WATCH THIS POS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I STAND CORRECTED!!!!!!

The 3rd is home based at FT. Stewart!!!!!!!

I used to see those guys all the time at Grafenwoer, Germany

Must have changed Base of operations since 1992, heh

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I stand DOUBLE CORRECTED!!!!

THe 3rd Mechanized Infantry is at Fort Stewart, and there are some artillery batteries of the 3rd still in Germany. I knew it!!! We used to go TDY all the time, and that's where I have had seen them !!!!

Which tells me that if A.) those guys from the series are from the States, they would be mechanized infantry, and I didn't see any APC's or other vehicles with them. B.) Why were there women with them, as women are still not allowed to be in combat arms type MOS's?

Show still sucks, and was a wasted 1 hour of my life.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ok i see where u coming frm. but the "rocket" he shot from the humvee wasnt a rocket. it was a i think m203 gernade from the bottem of a m16. and the women were with them because i think eather there truck broke down or their truck was hit by somthing. i think its a good show and i plan on watching the 13 episodes that will be on this season.

PS: i liked when the guy was snipeing

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Complete BS.

Stephen Bochco is no friend of the US military.

Typical leftist vision of warriors and combat: Crazy NCO's; idiot privates; racial tensions; insecure female troubles; lack of resolve; apparant lack of training or commitment; perfect ignorance of military weapons/procedure/tactics/purpose.

I could easily go on and on, but you get the idea. This series is the "Platoon" of TV.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I liked the show, I'm no military expert so I guess thats why I liked it.

top topics

join