It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Fahd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow, I had forgotten all about the King Fahd being on deaths bed.

This will get very interesting when the king passes, who will be placed on top of one the the worlds most wealthy countries, and one of the worlds largest oil reserves?

To be honest with you all, I am not a big fan of the Saudis and how they treat women is wrong! The Saudis reaction to 9-11 and the WOT leaves me thinking they knew want was going on, but did nothing, so when Fahd passes I won't shed a tear.

Will a peaceful transition of power happen when Fahd passes?
Will civil war break out when Fahd passes?
Will Iran try to influence who gets crowned king?
Will Iran attack Saudia Arabia durning the confusion?
Will the Mulliahs try to take control of the country?
Will this be a repeat of the fall of the Shaw of Iran?

Will the United States get involved in a Saudi civil war?

What will happen to oil prices when Fahd passes?

Why the Saudi envoy really went home?
www.atimes.com...

Profile: Saudi King Fahd
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-7-2005 by SIRR1]

[edit on 28-7-2005 by SIRR1]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That wasn't Fahd who visited the United States, it was his brother Prince Abdullah. Fahd had a stroke in 1995 and hasn't been able to do any official duties for the Kingdom since then and the Prince has been the de facto king.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not go to hell in a handbasket. Fahd, as DJ mentioned, has been pretty much out of commission for some time and things have gone on relatively smoothly in his physical absence. The House of Saud is still in control and will be after his death.

Iran can't do jack to Saudi. Neither can anyone else, for that matter, if their plan PETRO (scorched earth) is real. You can read about it in Gerald Posner's book Secrets of the Kingdom.

new topics

join