It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's biggest spammer brutally murdered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow! The police say it was robbers, but listen up spammers. How many potential enemies do you have?

Russian Media Hails Spammer's Murder

Russia’s most (in)famous spammer, Vardan Kushnir, 35, was dead in his apartment in downtown Moscow on Monday, July 25. Someone repeatedly smashed his head with a heavy object, authorities say, and then ransacked his entire apartment. The authorities have obviously got no clue as to who that someone might have been.

And, as a matter of fact, they don’t seem to really care: every day between 10 and 20 people meet a violent death in Russia’s capital, and a significant part of those crimes remains unsolved (Russia’s Interior Ministry reports 1,935 unsolved murders, 73,000 burglaries and 11,400 robberies between January and May in this year alone).

www.mosnews.com...

And...

Russia's Biggest Spammer Brutally Murdered in Apartment

Vardan Kushnir, notorious for sending spam to each and every citizen of Russia who appeared to have an e-mail, was found dead in his Moscow apartment on Sunday, Interfax reported Monday. He died after suffering repeated blows to the head.

Kushnir, 35, headed the English learning centers the Center for American English, the New York English Centre and the Centre for Spoken English, all known to have aggressive Internet advertising policies in which millions of e-mails were sent every day.

www.mosnews.com...

This guy certainly made a lot of enemies. A random robbery? I doubt it...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Spam is bad. Especially if you are spamming millions a day.
I don't feel spam is a motive for murder though. Maybe the Russians have a different opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Does not matter to me whether the crime was a random robbery or not. I say good riddance to this guy.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Spam = repeated blows to the head.

=

This should be a lesson to all spammers. Listen up peeps, learn your lessons.

It probably was just a robbery, but that doesn't change the elegance of the equation.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Rather disturbing.
That information about Moscow is also enlightening.
but yes, I would agree. Someone got pushed over the edge.
The police may actually be happy about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would assume that amandaluvsc_ [email protected] and Alfredhomeloanpen[email protected] are shaking in their boots

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
unsolved murder?
or Mafia Hit?

i would wager that someone was willing to pay $$$ to have a hit done

and everyone; Literally Everyone knows RUssia's form of governace is
Mafiocracy

and id wager most of those "unsolved murders" are Mafia Hits
totally makes sense 2 me

**i had a roommate at texas tech university a few years back; he was from Vladivostok russia ; and he said his father owned a buisness and had to pay protection to the mafia or else he would be murdered
and he said No One messes with the mafia and lives to brag about it**

plus the mafia is mostly gov't insiders in first place
KGB etc

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I guess someone was pretty pissed off to go that far! I've heard that it's pretty harcore over there in Russia though.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
if a spammers personal identification was made legally available to the recipient, I wonder how many would continue to spam. Open season anyone??? heh heh

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

this reminds me of a Daily Show episode where they interviewed a major spammer and he was foolish enough to give his actually phone # and email address. they repeatedly flashed it to make sure people were able to capture it

as inhumane as it sounds, im not sadden by this at all

new topics

top topics

join