It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep getting this Alert.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure of this is of any importance, but I've gotten this Alert a few times today while on ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Looks like you have some spyware there......

Doesn't look like anything that you would get off ATS..unless it had issues loading an advert...but never seen it myself.

Perhaps a more techno minded peep can say for sure....

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Under Windows:

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Open up the file titled 'hosts' with Notepad.

Under it, type 127.0.0.1 (this is that address for your localhost), a space, and then the name of the adserver, like so:

127.0.0.1 downloads.aaa1screensavers.com #[Bargin Buddy]

That comment in there is just so you can remember what you blocked when you come back to it. What this does is point that adserver to your own computer, and since you will not have that ad on your computer, the ad will not show up.

If you search Google, you can find a list of adservers to add to your hosts file. Most of the time, they have already been written with the 127.0.0.1 address in there, so you can just copy and paste it to your hosts file.

I don't see hardly any ads now, and I've effectively blocked all ads on ATS from viewing on my computer.

BTW, the list I found included the Google ad server and such, and it's a pain not to have that especially if you like clicking on sponsored search listings on the Google site.

new topics

join