It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilgrims Flock to 'Moving Madonna'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The whole story

In the interest of getting the news to the people, here is a really interesting story.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why no pictures?

I found it funny with the google ad down the bottom.
"virgin mary pictures
Meet Tens of Thousands of Sexy Catholic Singles for Love
www.CatholicCupid.com"

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
there has been many images of the madonna on various things. Could be real ...but could be just wishful thinking

-Aza

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Rest assured that faithful catholics will come from far and wide to bow before it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hahahahaha!!!!! This is just freaking hilarious how stupid christians are. If it really was the virgin mary she wouldn't show up on a sandwich, a billboard, a underpass, so forth.

The people that are so stupid need to be shot. Stupidity is a crime!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hahahahaha!!!!! This is just freaking hilarious how stupid christians are. If it really was the virgin mary she wouldn't show up on a sandwich, a billboard, a underpass, so forth.

The people that are so stupid need to be shot. Stupidity is a crime!

What is a christian?
If I claim YOU are a christian...does that make you one?

It seems that you fall under your own judgment

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
The whole story

In the interest of getting the news to the people, here is a really interesting story.

What news is it that you thought worthy of "getting to the people"? Please tell me you don't simply believe what the article says without reservation.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It has been reported that someone caught this on video.

Moreover, this phenomenon was videotaped by one of the parishioners. He gave this videotape to the local priest so that he could see by himself that the statue of Madonna came to life for an instant.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Rest assured that faithful catholics will come from far and wide to bow before it.

No I don't think so Jake.

Catholics usually will wait until the Church has investigated and has said that it does not go against anything that Jesus and the Bible has taught. Then they also have scientific investigators who test with science as to the authenticity of a vision. This will take many years, so you won't see faithful Catholics there at this point.

They also will not worship a statue.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
It has been reported that someone caught this on video.

It's easy to make claims such as "it was caught on video", "scientists have tested the red liquid and it's human blood", "it was winessed by thousands" as long as you don't provide any proof that the claims are true (such as making the video accessible, providing references to the scientific journals the results were reported in, a list of names and contact information for the thousands who witnessed it, etc.).

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. After 34 years on this planet, I would have never figured that our myself.
You'll notice I said 'it has been reported' not 'someone did'. I did that for a reason.

Whether or not I believe is irrelevant, there are some here who are interested in the story so I thought I would post the info for them, because it hadn't been mentioned in the thread. I have a policy of not slamming people for their personal beliefs.

And seeing as it just happened, I don't think they have had to much time to investigate anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How long does it take to look at a video? Jeez. Granted they say they are looking for any reason of this appearance, but c'mon, you see a vid, the legs either moved or didn't. Not too hard to see difference between fleshly movement - and - warble of objects the other side of and in light.

On another note. From reading of these in the last cpl years, including this one, I notice that the more people arrive on a scene of supposed appearance, the more grandeos the appearance becomes. Kinda like, in any mob mentalitly - the larger the mob, the more tales are spun as it self-fulfills - untill: the 10yr old that accidentally shot his friends foot with a BB gun, was actually gunned down by 17 cops in riot gear tossing smoke canisters as they went. And someone said a police helicopter was on the way.

It's not subject to just Ma & Pa Redneck to hear nothing, yet, to spin a story up to proportions like no other - it happens every day in every place about anything. And it happened again with this 'news'. Hell, "In the interest of getting the news to the people" seems to me as progagation itself.

It's all perception and transfer of an idea, self mis-leading, and often dangerous.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well i dont know about Italy, but i can leave someinfo about Nossa Senhora De Fatima(Our Lady of Fatima). The pilgrimage to Fatima is year-round, but it is in May, that more millions of people "walk" there.

www.cimpa.org...

www.cin.org...

www.christusrex.org...

www.catholic.net...

www.cardosotravel.com...

www.ourladyoffatima.org...

www.portail-religion.com...

Some of these Links still mention Pope John Paull II and Sister Lucia, but both have passed away, and Pope Benedict XVI as not vistited Fatima yet.
Sister Lucia, the third child who received the Visions of Fatima died in her Convent at Coimbra City, Feb 13 2005.

Even tho for 16 years i lived 5 minutes away from this convent, I never met Sister Lcuia, because she lived in Reclusion and was not allowed many visitors.

Plenty of Pictures

Third Secret of Fatima

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Hell, "In the interest of getting the news to the people" seems to me as progagation itself.

It's all perception and transfer of an idea, self mis-leading, and often dangerous.

Misfit

First of all, this post was not originally posted to this board, but to the paranormal board as I thought it a better fit there; I do not believe in moving Madonnas, personally, but found the article to be bizarre enough that I thought it appropriate for that board. The "In the interest of getting the news to the people.." line was obviously, made tongue in cheek, but leave it to you guys to make a big deal out of it
. If you are unhappy with this post being placed on this board, take it up with WorldWatcher; it was his call as a Moderator to move the piece from the Paranormal board.

[Edited for spelling]

[edit on 8/1/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
The "In the interest of getting the news to the people.." line was obviously, made tongue in cheek, but leave it to you guys to make a big deal out of it

It obviously was not taken as anything in lines of what you say it is, or it would not have been brought up.
If a poster makes no obvious or even subtle hint that his/her post is put out as such [tongue in cheek], then what is left for the reader to take it as when the post subject is a real instance? The only way then to take is literal.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I also believe in moving/crying/bleeding/ghostly madonnas.
It is the source behind the suprise that I differ with many on.

new topics

top topics

join