It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center of universe is us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hello this is my second post.\

has any scientist ever talk about the north star and the earth... really talk about the reason? well, the north star the only star that doesnt move.
meaning that Earth is in the center of the universe. . . . Why?
there must be a reason.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No... the north star does move... just not in the cyclical way each night the others do... over the millenia the star that is 'the north star' has changed due to the cellestial 'wobble' of the earth...

READ THIS

Explains it in a nutshell... also other links from that site for more info.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
explaine to me the accual landing on the moon.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS 1611av!! I can tell that your post are going to be very controversial and entertaining.

I think they took a rocket ship to the moon and landed in a little moon car with these spacesuits on and put up a US flag then took rocks home.

Some people think that it was just a movie made by Tarantino of Pulp fiction fame. Or was it Roman Polanski? I forget!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah basically toget to the moon they loaded some dudes called 'Astronauts' into a capsule, which they attached on to converted ICBMs (Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles) then shot into the sky. Obviously there is alot more science involved but thats basically the jist of it.

BTW what does that have to do with us being (or not being) the centre of the universe...

Whaaa - I belive Polanski gets the credit for the sopposed moon mission films, but i could be (and probably am) wrong as i dont give much credence to those theories

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The universe is an infinity there is no beginning nor end, no orgin or end, there for no middle, no middle no center. just my theory.

-Justin

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
BTW what does that have to do with us being (or not being) the centre of the universe...

My question to 1611av is, what does the North Star have to do with us being (or not being) the center of the universe?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If the Northstar did not move IT woulde be the most probable center, not us anyways, seeing how everything amonget the galaxy moves in some way the universe for that matter, then something that didnt move would be a likely origin.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Welcome to ATS 1611av!! I can tell that your post are going to be very controversial and entertaining.

I think they took a rocket ship to the moon and landed in a little moon car with these spacesuits on and put up a US flag then took rocks home.

Some people think that it was just a movie made by Tarantino of Pulp fiction fame. Or was it Roman Polanski? I forget!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by whaaa]

Very nice post, it made me laugh.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He must be twelve years old.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1611av

has any scientist ever talk about the north star and the earth... really talk about the reason? well, the north star the only star that doesnt move.
there must be a reason.

Ugh, I am really sorry, but that may be....eh nevermind.

Before you say things that you know are completely ridiculous....ask someone to give you some backround in science, math, and general common sense.

Now, tha actual landing on the moon.... Ill explain it to you. People boarded a space ship, and it landed on the moon. Now, lets get to the root of your post.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? Because you arent making ANY SENSE.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
The universe is an infinity there is no beginning nor end, no orgin or end, there for no middle, no middle no center. just my theory.

-Justin

Qualify your statements.....

"It is my opinion that the universe is infinite" would be a more accurate statement.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

-Justin

If the Universe is infinite, then any given point can be said to be the centre. So my right testicle is, in fact, the centre of the known Universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1611av

there must be a reason.

1611av, before making outrageous statments I think its a responsible thing to do some research. If you're still not convinced, NASA scientists will love to tie you up to their next rocket so you can take a ride into the solar system to see that the earth revolves around the sun, sun moves, etc etc... negating your little coffee table theory.

So my right testicle is, in fact, the centre of the known Universe.

You tell em stumason!

I think Sight2Reality might take a personal offense and have a heart attack at the same time if 1611av is older than 12.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
there was a theory out there somewhere, I forget where, but there theory was that the universe has three demensions (of course the fundamental demensions for space [length, width, height]) but it also used a fourth demension or more demensions to wrap itself around itself, that doesnt sound like it makes sense, but its just a theory and something else to think about.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
there was a theory out there somewhere, I forget where, but there theory was that the universe has three demensions (of course the fundamental demensions for space [length, width, height]) but it also used a fourth demension or more demensions to wrap itself around itself, that doesnt sound like it makes sense, but its just a theory and something else to think about.

The String theory predicts 11 space-time dimensions. Three that you mentioned above, 1 time, and the rest of the 6 are tightly curled up for us to notice. This does make things easier in our search for the "theory of everything".

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
that doesnt sound like a bad theory, I mean I dont know how the universe works in terms of its layout. but it definately could explain how the universe works meaning, how it seems to be infinite.
I mean I believe the universe to be a closed system, not receiving anymore matter/energy nor losing matter/energy to anywhere or anything.

but I did have another quesiton about space...
is space just empty? or is space comprised of "dark energy" as some people put it.
I guess what I am tryign to ask,,, what is space? is it just space or what?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

is it just space or what?

Yup. It is called space because that is mostly what it is, space. In space there is dark matter. Dark matter basically is just the stuff in space that we can't see but we know is there because it's gravity is effecting things we can see.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The North star has changed many a-times...

I wouldn't buy too much into string theory.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
The North star has changed many a-times...

I wouldn't buy too much into string theory.

Whats wrong with String Theory? Got a better answer?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join