It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the swallows fly back to Capistrano?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I wonder how the birds find their way home every year?

P...
m...

[Edited on 8-24-2003 by Springer]

[Edited on 8-24-2003 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
because in the late 4th century B.C. A man fed them a whole bunch of bird food. and from generation to generation, the swallows have been telling thier children that this place has alot of grub.

and so began the myth.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
fury, I love you like a brother.

Springer...i love you different.

but with all the love in my heart, both of you guys are dorks...

Capistrano is in California isn't it???

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Whoa! Dude I beleive you have got it! We have SOLVED one of the most mysterious avairy mysteries of human histories...

While it is true that I have embibed MUCH whiskey this evening... That does NOT account for the little birdies that are telling me stories of wayword chickies of the night...

So I ask you, yes both of you, where are they now?

P..
m...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Whoa! Dude I beleive you have got it! We have SOLVED one of the most mysterious avairy mysteries of human histories...

While it is true that I have embibed MUCH whiskey this evening... That does NOT account for the little birdies that are telling me stories of wayword chickies of the night...

So I ask you, yes both of you, where are they now?

P..
m...

after a while, the swallows got wise,
like when you figured out that the easter bunny and santa clause wasn't real, then they got the skytel pagers, and got the hookup on the 411. now they're all in new york eating and pooping.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Does it say anything bad about me if my pager just went off?

I am very concerned about this recent development. It seems I have an overwhelming desire to peck seed and poop on concrete images of grand historical figures...

I beleive I am a swallow. Cheep cheep. BTW- Is that what swallows say?

cheep cheep

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Springer

You knew this would incite concern, and yet, you proceeded to post it.

There is only one thing to be said for any male ATS member who would post up this ornithological BS.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I wonder if its got anything to do with why the B2's fly back to bagdad on a regular basis...

www.cnn.com...

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, California (CNN) -- The swallows of San Juan Capistrano are due back Thursday, but officials at the historic Mission church say many of the birds need to be enticed home with a feast of ladybugs and lacewing bugs.

The swallows traditionally return to the 200-year-old church on St. Joseph's Day, flying 7,500 miles from their winter homes in Argentina. The event draws tourists from around the world.

But, in recent years, the birds have been outnumbered by tourists, because the swallows have tended to bypass the mission -- and head to the hills to the east.

Mission administrator Jerry Miller said that's because the old stone church has been undergoing renovations, and workers have been tearing down sections of the roof, depriving the swallows of the cozy eaves where they built their nests for years.

Workers are trying to make up for the poor accommodations with improved food service, by seeding the ground with the bugs the swallows like best, he said.

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You're right man! I am an ornithological ANOMOLY!!!! HELP!!!!

beyond that, I can't help but notice you were BRIGHT enough to grab my AWESOME work and stow it upon thy harddrive! Or did you simply copy my source code?

Only the briney born rascal of a pirate's mistress would've done that! Arrrrr...

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Because they can't afford the bus fare!

boom boom!

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i REALLY miss the General...

Can't you talk him into coming back?! I mean REALLY! He was GREATNESS!

By the way... You are correct they CAN'T afford the bus fare!

P...
m...

new topics

top topics

join