It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky sounds from Saturn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is a link to the NASA site, for the Cassini mission. There is a link there, or here, for a quick time file that is very intriguing!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oooo.
That is spooky. It sounds like a Halloween tape

I guess these sounds are above audio levels so maybe it isn't that creepy.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The universe is full of sounds. Art Bell has played sounds picked up by space stations and they're eerie.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
FYI:Those are radio waves emitted from Saturn btw not actual sounds (sound waves which can't travel through a vacuum)

It sounds oddly relaxing though. I like it.

yes master.....must destroy humans for Saturnians.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I find it oddly compelling, as well. The recording undersea of the big quake I liked some better, but they are both sounds which are so real somehow.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If any of you have ever seen the movie "Forbidden Planet:.
(Made Robby the Robot Famous)
You might recognize the soundtrack..

It's eerie how simliar these sounds are, to the background "electronic tonalities" in the movie

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think I need to sample that for some music. I've heard cosmic radio waves before, but those are certainly the sound I've been looking for.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
its like the earth. the core sends out sharp knife waves to the crust wich has own mediums radio waves. basiclly its demons from lucifer saying get the hell away.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
If any of you have ever seen the movie "Forbidden Planet:.
(Made Robby the Robot Famous)
You might recognize the soundtrack..

It's eerie how simliar these sounds are, to the background "electronic tonalities" in the movie

Beat me to it. First thing I thought of when I heard them. Who would of thought that thats what it really sounds like. That is so cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Could it be gasses, being like vortexted by wind and then clashing making the noises.. Just an idea?

-Justin

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you know how neon lights buzz? i would imagine that it is kinda like that. in a very simplistic sense.

daved

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If you want to hear some other neat sounds from space (such as neutron stars, black holes, Sputnik, etc...) try Space Sounds.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm a little confused. So if you were ON saturn without a helmet (Somehow living...) would you be able to hear these sounds?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
You wouldnt hear them because they are radio waves from the magnetic field of Saturn

The links explain a lot of it- but it's not a noise, it's an electromagnetic wave.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one actually posted this here, correct me if I'm wrong, but space is a vacum.

Therefore, no sound can travel though space. Like the old saying goes, 'In space, no one can hear you scream'.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I'm surprised no one actually posted this here, correct me if I'm wrong, but space is a vacum.

Therefore, no sound can travel though space. Like the old saying goes, 'In space, no one can hear you scream'.

really? so there is no such thing as "sound" in universe..

and on earth there is..i wonder why.. maybe the gravity captured them..lol

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
sound cannot travle through space because there is no meidum for the wave to transfer. Sound waves travle through our atmospher and thats the meidm for sound transport.

Just like you can not hear your raido station 24/7 but wehn you turn the dial on your raido you get sound. Its a different type of wave that the huma ear cannot pick up.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was completely captivated by the sound. It sounded lonely and empty.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oooh, eerie! It is actually quite soothing, knowing that what you are hearing is way out in space, coming from a beautiful planet.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Im loving the sounds of Gaymede, one of Jupiters moons. It sounds very hellish with lots of lightning and wind and storms with very eerie high pitched noises. Also, the sun is incredible to listen to with its soothing 'heartbeat'. Thanks to whoever posted the spacesounds site!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join