It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Old AVATAR:

Hello Members,

I made a new avatar for myself the other day and was wondering what you guys thought about it.

Also I was wondering if any of you had some ideas for animated avatars. If you have a good idea and want to share it, post it here and if I like your idea and can make it you can have it. This doesn't mean I will make all ideas posted of course, but if I use your idea I'll let ya know and you can decide if you like it and/or if you want to use it.

Like any skill if you don't practice all the time the talent seems to fade away, and since it's always more fun to try and make someone else's ideas I thought this might be a good source of input.

Things to keep in mind:
1. The AVATAR file size is small so the .gif animation has to be simple and short.

2. The best looking animations usually are made to cycle without a break. For example: The last frame will be the same as the 1st so that it will repeat and look seemless.

3. Another way of seemless animated cycle is to have it go 1st. to Last then reverse from Last to 1st. Like a pendulum.

Anyway, just thught I'd make a thread for New Avatar Ideas in case anyone had any. I'll check it now and then to see if anyone has an idea I think may work.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Nice,btw how did you make it? from which site?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Could you help me to get my own avatar to even appear?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Drunk,
I made it with Bryce and then Image Ready was used to take it from .avi to .gif for the adjustments in file size so it would be small enough to fit ATS rules. There is no site to link to. They are just uploaded online to some storage space from my ISP. Then I just link to there. Eventually I might actually make a page to display them all when I make enough, but I've only made those two so far.

Loki,
I'll try and help. What is the problem you're having?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
COuld you guys help me with my signature image?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by drunk

Drunk,
I made it with Bryce and then Image Ready was used to take it from .avi to .gif for the adjustments in file size so it would be small enough to fit ATS rules. There is no site to link to. They are just uploaded online to some storage space from my ISP. Then I just link to there. Eventually I might actually make a page to display them all when I make enough, but I've only made those two so far.

Loki,
I'll try and help. What is the problem you're having?

I hope you could make a site. If you do could you consider making an avatar for me?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, look at my signature. My problem is in the coding of the img i want in it.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Drunk,
I will consider making one. Like I said at the top of this post, any ideas anyone has feel free and post it here. If I make an avatar from someone's idea it's their's to use. Either I'll set up a page to link to or just send you the .gif image and you can upload it here at ATS. What was the idea you had in mind?

Loki,
If the picture is for your sig. and not your avatar the problem may be with the new rules they've made for sigs. There is limited space now on sigs and there may even be a new policy about pics in sigs, you may want to check with that first.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi mOjOm..! I like your merkaba avatar the best. Did you make that one too? Some ideas for an animated avatar: 2 snakes crawling out and forming an ankh, or medusa and snakes growing out of her hair. Or the hindu deity ganesha swinging around his trunk. Or a pyramid with the all seeing eye on top changing colors/smoke/or eye rolling sarcastically. just a thought

[Edited on 8-24-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh, and for some good ideas for graphics/avatars/wallpaper, etc, go to

www.digitalblasphemy.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe some kind of space craft entering light speed.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.....I know some that I would like to see -

- A spinning Dime / Pound coin.

- A pint of beer being poured.....perpetually, of course.

- A kind of "Polo mint" shaped Lava Lamp effect. Would look pretty nice....

- Satan, morphing into G.W Bush, morphing into Bill Clinton, and back to Satan. Would be good for the poltically neutral/ government haters among the board.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would like to see a disc shaped UFO hovering and then picking something up with some sort of beam and then speeding off into the distance.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Best one .gif ive seen is the weed ball. Nice avatars btw mojomom

top topics

join