It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: What are your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Terrorism has been a part of every day life, unfortunately, for many people throughout the world. It has finally come to the doorstep of the western world and not only knocked on the door, but kicked the door in and started killing people.
My question for all of you is two-fold. Firstly, keeping in mind the most recent incidents of the bombings in London and Egypt, there are now armed military personnel searching bags in subway stations. How much of your own personal freedom would you be willing to forfeit in order to be safe?
Secondly, if you were making policy for England or the United States, what would you do to deal with this growing problem that won't go away? This is like one of those silly psychology tests where there really is no correct answer. I would just be interested to know what real people think instead of hearing what the government complex and corporate news media want me to think.
My own personal opinion is still out to the jury. I love my personal freedoms and hate it when government fat-cats tell me what to do, but on the other hand I can't protect my family from a car bomb by myself. I dunno.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well,

I would consider what we're considering personal freedoms here. Searching my bag? Sure, I don't care. I mean what on earth are you carying around in your bag on the subway that would make you think "Gee, I'd rather risk a suicide bomber than have this guy look in my bag. This is taking away my freedom to carry a bag without somebody knowing what's in it! Damn you government!" I mean, people complaign about the Patriot Act. and such, but I honestly haven't noticed ANY of my personal freedoms being taken away, and I really don't know anyone who has.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Terrorism is perhaps worse than anything out there. Innocent people get hurt and killed and it only serves to create fear. I can't imagine the bravery it takes for people to get back on the transit in London. They really deserve an award for not locking up the doors and staying at home in fear of terrorism.
I wish there was a way to just get rid of terrorism but it doesn't seem easy.

join