It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great book to read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"Imperial Hubris" by an "Unknown" Cia operative. It's a pretty decent synopsis of the entire war on terror.

p.s. if this thread thrives at all (aka when I wake up sober tomorrow and there are posts), I may put a few my favorite quotes from that book in the thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Reading a review from Amazon.com, the author apparently wants a Sherman-like march through the Mid-East, wiping out all 'threat' through huge, bloody wars. Is that very accurate? This is based off of Amazon's review, not user reviews.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the author has two different stand points. 99% of the book is about muslims and the middle east. it talks much about the red army's invasion -- and hwo we helped the mujahideen defeat them -- and major defeat while trying to occupy afghan.

But his main view is this: we are not hated because of our freedom. We are hated becausea religion feels threatened by us. So he states he have two ways to defeat this enemy:

1. Full broad-sword style attack.

2. Negotiate our policies in the middle east (the author feels this is the reason we are under attack).

join