It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not about God, It never was.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If you spend your life believing that it’s all about God you give yourself permission to do anything In the name of God. you will feel justified in killing the infidels, slaying the adulterers and condemning those who don’t see God in quite the same light as you do. By focusing solely on God you lose touch with the greatest gift the creator has granted us all, the gift of free will.

I once read that the definition of a zealot is, “someone who goes ahead and does what he knows the good lord would do if the good lord only had all the facts of the matter.” When you spend a lifetime focusing on God it’s very easy to cross over into zealotry.

Life is not about God. It’s about you.

The creator of all things granted you a solid mind and the free will to use it. It’s up to you to decide if you will kill in the name of the infinite love that is our creator, or if you will reflect the love that has been granted unto you. Your life is a matter of choice. Will you choose hatred, intolerance, bigotry and pride or will you reach out to the brothers and sisters around you that need help and understanding.

This life is not about God, It never was. It’s about you and what your going to do with it.

Decide wisely.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
*applause*

Nicely put I could never hae said it better, or probably as good! Seems that when the belief in God is strong enough, anything can be done in his name. What a horrible path to go down, do what you wnat as long as you put Gods name behind it, and if you screwed up what the heck you just repent.

People wonder of the meaning of life, I always wonder why when it is so obvious. Life is about learning, and the life experiences you gain along the way. Each person has there own life learning goals they need to achieve.

It is all about the living, not the dying. What you make of this wonderful gift and the learning experience along the way. Go foreward and help people, love and be loved but most of all never close your mind and learn...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
in reply to the first post;

I believe the bible is very clear on things and I also believe that this life is not about us, I believe that everything is about God. everything about us is about God, we are even made in his image.

in John chapter 1 it says that all things were created by him and for him, now if all things were created by him and for him, doesnt that mean that its about God?

did david say that he would praise God for he was fearfully and wonderfully made. david seems to think that its about God.

many times in ther bible it says, "thus saith the Lord"
thats telling me that God is in charge and its all about him.

in exodus 20:5 it says that God is a jealious God, now in order for someone to be jealious they probably want everything to be about them.

there are many verses in the bible that disagree with that statement "its not about God"

why does God tell us to worship only him and no one else?
if its not about God why did he give us his word?

I would like to state that I strongly disagree with the first post in this thread. according to the bible its all about God and we are supposed to worship him because of that.

thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I forgot to add,

yes there are people out there who claim to do things on Gods name and do pretty wicked things, but if you read the bible, it tells us that God will punish those who use his name in vain.

the 4th commandment was to never use his name in vain. and using his name to justify and evil action is doing just that.

so I agree that there are people out there who use his name for the wrong reason, but the bible says that God is angry with the wicked everyday.
and those people are wicked.

if you use Gods name just to go shoot someone just because you didnt like them, that is wrong, no matter what your excuse is. to kill someone, you have to have a Godly reason, like protecting your country's freedom and such.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, evolution you have actually read it where as some people talk bad about without ever have read it.

Any mr. wupy, why do i get the feeling your talking about muslims. They are the only ones who say "kill the infidels". Christians want to convert and spread the word of god. That why we have missionaries, and the muslims dont.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't like any god. the thought of it brainwash you. god and religion is the sorce of all evil.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
well I know that in the Koran, it says to kill those who are not of the same belief. I believe it does say to give them a chance first to convert, but it does say to kiill them if they dont convert to be a muslim.

I dont have the reference on-hand. but if you want I can dig it up for you. that is one of the reasons I dont want to be muslim. that is not very godly. the God of the bible shows his mercy even during his judgement. for an example, before the flood, he had noah tell everyone why he was building a great boat, and whoever wanted to listen could have been saved.

Jesus is coming back any minute now and whoever wants to believe in him shall be saved.
Jonah spoke to a wicked city and everyone that listened and repented was saved. God shows mercy even during judgment.

Muslims dont give you a chance before you die, if you dont convert, they kill you right then in there, according to the koran, that is what is supposed to happen.

thats they main reason I am not muslim.

Mormons believe that if a man lives a good life, he gets to become God. which is why I am not a mormon. by the way that is what the official mormon doctrine says.

the catholic doctrine teaches the same thing, most catholics dont believe that, but that is what it teaches.

I believe in the bible, and I believe it to be true, I take it all by faith

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Any mr. wupy, why do i get the feeling your talking about muslims. They are the only ones who say "kill the infidels". Christians want to convert and spread the word of god. That why we have missionaries, and the muslims dont.

Then there was the Inquisition...

(or, depending on your viewpoint of history, one of several Inquisitions).

Let's face it; people have killed over religion for millenia - or at least, that's the theory. The reality might be more along the lines of "people have killed each other for greed, political gain, fear, jealousy, outright brutality, wearing the wrong shade of socks - but they like to label it In The Name Of God in order to justify their actions and make it more palatable to their followers"

Belief in God isn't what kills people. Belief that "MY God is the only "true God" , and everyone else is very, very Bad and Wrong" is what kills people.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Bless your heart, Mr. Wupy, you don't understand life or God.

L:ife is about God, as He gave you life. The closer you get to God, the more you'll understand life and your place in the universe.

The more you get to know the Creator, the more you'll understand that, no, everything is not allowable in the name of God. God's plan is clear, and what God wishes us to do is also clear.

Along with not understanding God or Life, you seem to miss the rules of this board as they apply to placing threads in the proper forums. This is not a conspiracy, but your opinion that life isn't about God. Don't worry, I'll move it for you as I'm a benevolent G........er...I mean, moderator!

No blasphemy intended with the above attempt at humor; just a parody of what I get in the u2u box quite often.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I don't like any god. the thought of it brainwash you. god and religion is the sorce of all evil.

well sir I would have to disagree, the bible says that the Love of money it the root of all evil. and it seems to be true in the present world.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I count myself as a Christian. Having said that, I don't condone the killing of another human being in "His" name either. I also don't condone the forcing of Faith upon anyone as it is a personal decision and God grants us free-will to come to Him willingly.

I have my own personal issue with regards to my relationship with the Lord and my love of mankind though and in this paradox lies my burden. If I
could postulate a scenario (mine) then perhaps you could see why it DEFINITELY is about God.

Lets say that throughout your entire life you absorbed things like a sponge.
Further, being a free-thinker you had the ability to tie together seemingly unrelated facts. This melding of facts ran not only contrary to everything that was being taught (which pitted you against the mainstream elements that hold to their "known" dogma's), but would ultimately lead to political/social upheaval on a scale of Armageddon.
Trust me in this (since it was the reason I looked to God for an answer), a decision that could benefit mankind, the environment, advance our technological database in a way that makes today look like the stone age and at the same time bring about the end is nothing short of overwhelming.

Don't you think it would all boil down to one's Faith in God? My moral conscience holds me back from just blurting it out (and I've been biting my tongue for years) and my belief that world peace will never happen until the Second Coming is a quandary that compels me to "spread the Word" to as many, as quickly as possible hence my even being here.

It is for you that I care and to my devotion to God and my seeing the better way that has me running around in circles instead of just going ahead and opening that Pandora's box.

To me, this was never about money. Had I chosen so, I would have submitted that book back in "95 when a publisher was first interested and yet it was to God that I came first.
Yeah, put yourself in my shoes and do some soul-searching. You'll find that God comes first.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you spend your life believing that it’s all about God you give yourself permission to do anything In the name of God. you will feel justified in killing the infidels, slaying the adulterers and condemning those who don’t see God in quite the same light as you do. By focusing solely on God you lose touch with the greatest gift the creator has granted us all, the gift of free will.

You seem to be saying that if we live our lives with God as the center or focus then we are automatically predestined to go out and kill everyone that does not agree with us, but that would be a crazy thing to say; you don't really belive that, do you.? How many news stories have you seen lately, reporting the murders of non-Christians by Christians.? Exactly, none. Christianity is all about God and more precisely, about God's salvation through Jesus Christ. If you take away Christ and God, there is no Christianity. As to your assertion that we lose our free will by focusing solely on God, you are misinformed; God gave us free will so that when we worship and follow Him it is because it is our choice. You are never truly free until you are focusing on God. This is not just my opinion, this is declared time after time in the Bible and is a cornerstone of Christian thought and Theology.

I once read that the definition of a zealot is, “someone who goes ahead and does what he knows the good lord would do if the good lord only had all the facts of the matter.” When you spend a lifetime focusing on God it’s very easy to cross over into zealotry.

Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. 1995.

Zealot :

NOUN: 1. One zealously devoted to a religion: devotee, enthusiast, fanatic, sectary, votary. See BELIEF, LOVE, RELIGION. 2. A person who is ardently devoted to a particular subject or activity: bug, devotee, enthusiast, fanatic, maniac. Informal : buff2, fan2, fiend. Slang : freak, nut. See CONCERN. 3. One who holds extreme views or advocates extreme measures: extremist, fanatic, radical, revolutionary, revolutionist, ultra. See EDGE, CONCERN, POLITICS.

Yeah, that sounds like me: Jesus Freak; Radical Christian, Bible nut. I suppose extreme is how some people view us but then to anyone who hasn't heard the truth or doesn't want to believe it, anything different would be considered extreme. BTW- try looking up the opposite of Zealot and see what the definition is.

Who else would it be about but God; without God, there is no life.

The creator of all things granted you a solid mind and the free will to use it. It’s up to you to decide if you will kill in the name of the infinite love that is our creator, or if you will reflect the love that has been granted unto you. Your life is a matter of choice. Will you choose hatred, intolerance, bigotry and pride or will you reach out to the brothers and sisters around you that need help and understanding.

Well, at least I can agree completely with the first sentence. God did give us free will and a mind of our own and the only way to understand the world and everything else in life is through God and Jesus Christ. Only by using our free will, to accept Jesus Christ as the one Who paid the full price for our sins, can we be completely free; and we Christians do use our brains, contrary to popular consensus.

Matthew 8:17-29 "And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am? And they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elijah; and others, One of the prophets. And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ."

You talk a lot about killing in the name of our creator like you have some evidence, other than the Crusades, of course, let's be at least contemporary, but I know you don't have anything but instances of people who are mentally unstable, or mislead, shooting abortion doctors, which no true Chrisitan would condone.

This life is not about God, It never was. It’s about you and what your going to do with it.

This life is not about you; it never was. It's about God and what you are going to do for Him.

Decide wisely.

Love and light,

Wupy

Decide wisely; the most important thing you said in your whole post. Yes. decide wisely, because you are making an eternal decision.

[edit on 7/27/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
well sir I would have to disagree, the bible says that the Love of money it the root of all evil. and it seems to be true in the present world.

Well yea, Money is the sorce of all evil today, religion is first in the past and second now. And I don't care what the bible says (no offence).

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
beat the boredom- ill explain my view through quotes!
"Only spiritual awakening will save the Earth." gandhi

"reilgon is for those who are afraid of hell, spriritaly is for those who have been there"

"The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians"Henry Louis Mencken

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. ~ Plato

and fianily, the one for all reilgous fanaics:

"A book written by the man
used to control and command
All rights will be denied,
without the mark you shall die"

hahah! if anyones gonna do this in a thred, u2u me with a link!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe we all have free will, but the free will is too choose God or the devil, good over evil. I think the hole reason is more about God than some think.
God had rightness people with him and what happen?? Satan one of the most beatifully angels in heaven says I want to bec ome God. And takes a 3rd of the angels with him. Angels that knew God was alive,knew his power,knew his being, Betrayed him. So what does the father say now??? I want those that never knew I was really alive to choose me, I want people to have FREE WILL TO CHOOSE ME.

my point is yes alot of being on earth is about us. But most of it has more to the fact is about God and what he wants for his people. God's tired of being stab in the back.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dra745

Fabulous!

Originally posted by Dra745

Aww. Then you had to go and ruin it. Mystical thinking, no matter how well intentioned it is, leads down the road of ruin.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Life is more about you and God than you think, or want to believe. Its all about faith. Cant find God with out it. Or believe in his son. Which start at faith.

top topics

join