It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing scientific discoveris suppressed!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm sure most people here have heard Nikola Tesla and his research in to electricity. Yet most people would not know that a lot of Tesla's work was classified by the US govt and a lot of it went missing after his death, still yet to be found. Tesla was many decades ahead of his time and had invented many devices that would form part of nearly all electronic devices today. He is truely one of the unsung heroes of modern science. Among his inventions:

The polyphase induction motor
The hydroelectric generator
Radio
X-Rays
Vacuum tubes
Fluorescent lights
Microwaves
Radar
AC power (both 2-phase and 3-phase)
Broadcast power
The rotary engine
The Tesla Coil

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yeah Tesla was a true genius, one cool invention was that aether battery powered car that could go on forever. He drove it for a week and got up to 90 mph, he eventually stopped because the press was a little harsh as they did not believe it was real. I have tried to reproduce the battery but there is no diagram to go by. It would be great to get a hold of his research the US government stole, who knows what amazing things we would find.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Tesla was one of my facriot topics around a year ago and i did alot of reading up on him, while conspiracy theorists talk about telsa's death ray, his free energy plan etc.. it is a facinating story that i would like to believe.
Even though the cold hard facts of tesla life are facinating enough, and the only evidence i have found to prove the conspiracy claims over tesla is that how the american government really tried to twist the masses view of telsa. There is one comic book where super man takes on tesla and his death ray, and his name has been cut out of alot of history books and science curriculams, i never learnt about tesla at school.
Also stated about something like 10% of his notes after he died were donated to the museum made for him in his home country after his death. While the rest of his notes were taken and have been kept classified since in the FBI arhcives. Why are these notes still today classified? My reasoning is that tesla invented many more mondern technology that we use today, yes they would of been very basic notes but still he would of been the first to create the concept.

P.S. In science class in high school for a term we learnt all about electricity, d.c. and a.c. power, and never once was telsa mentioned....to me that is a crime.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by wang]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellfire3
The polyphase induction motor
The hydroelectric generator
Radio
X-Rays
Vacuum tubes
Fluorescent lights
Microwaves
Radar
AC power (both 2-phase and 3-phase)
Broadcast power
The rotary engine
The Tesla Coil

Tesla did not invent all of the above. For a start you cannot "invent" x-rays or microwaves any more than you can invent heat or light, as they are natural phenomona.

X-rays were discovered by a man called Roentgen in 1895:

www.ndt-ed.org...

Microwaves were also not discovered by Tesla, as this err, fascintating history of the discovery of microwaves:

www.microwaves101.com...

You will notice that Tesla is mentioned here, but not as the discoverer.

Tesla was without doubt one the greatest geniuses of the last century, and I've no idea why you call him "unsung", when he is obviously very well known.

There is also an enormous amount of unsourced rubbish written about him, relating to Nazi death rays and such like.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
...inventing X-Rays...I don't think Nikola Tesla is god...well, maybe in your eyes.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You guys are getting to be a tad bit to ready to jump on someone for terminaology. X-rays have two different definitions , the first being the actual ray the other is the photographic image produced by them in hospitals commonly reffered to as x-rays. I may be wrong but i beleive this is what this person was refferenceing. On a side note i thought wankle invented the rotary engine but i may be wrong.

As far as teslas inventions and his life are concerned it could be one of two things , the first he invented all of the things that have been shrouded in mystery all these years ( such as his free power device or his earth quake machine) or tesla invented the things that are documented and he just became a legend in the scientific comunity then things got a little embelashed.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
You guys are getting to be a tad bit to ready to jump on someone for terminaology. X-rays have two different definitions , the first being the actual ray the other is the photographic image produced by them in hospitals commonly reffered to as x-rays.

Yes, but neither of these can be attributed to Tessla. Roentgen also produced the first x-ray photographic image.

On a side note i thought wankle invented the rotary engine but i may be wrong.

I believe you are correct on this.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to attribute so many things he didn't invent to Tessla when he invented such a staggering amount of stuff anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
It would be great to get a hold of his research the US government stole, who knows what amazing things we would find.

Well, it has been revealed, during the whole Enron decable, that the government has a lot of financial ties to Oil Companies...And the Oil Corps are the ones who stand to profit the most by keeping Tesla's "aether powered car" under wraps. Knowledge is power: Governments the world over & throughout history have always sought to deny knowledge to the public.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
It would be great to get a hold of his research the US government stole, who knows what amazing things we would find.

Well, it has been revealed, during the whole Enron decable, that the government has a lot of financial ties to Oil Companies...And the Oil Corps are the ones who stand to profit the most by keeping Tesla's "aether powered car" under wraps. Knowledge is power: Governments the world over & throughout history have always sought to deny knowledge to the public.

At least in the USA, we still have the Freedom of Information Act to rely on...But the government will always seek to deny the information or stonewall the FOA attempts until forced to bring it to the light.

Sorry...I had to edit because my own comments were showing up in a quote-statement that was never quoted before...

[edit on 25-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla was a great engineer and a prolific inventor, but he is not "unsung"; for "unsung' you might want to think about the inventor ot the television, Philo T Farnsworth Farnsworth. like Tesla, was cheated out of recognition and money by other unscrupulous biggies, like David Sarnoff and Thomas Edison.

But that's the way it goes. Sometimes you get credit, sometimes you don't.

Remember, though, that a lot of the stuff Tesla was working on simply didn't pan out, His "world system" of power is not in use today for the same reason Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann's cold fusion is not in use today: not because it was "suppressed" or any of that, but because it didn't work.

The big difference is that Pons and Fleischmann did some work that wasn't repeatable and they took responsibility, while Tesla was a blatant self-promoter whose habit of blaming others for whatever happened opened the door to all sorts of (wrong) conspiracy theories.

Tesla was also, in his later days, extremely mentally unstable. His list of strange behaviors were mostly harmless (like the requirement that he have nineteen linen napkins at each meal), but some of his activities, especially in the 1930's, showed incipient paranoia.

All that said, though, Nikola Tesla was a brilliant man, and maybe genius and madness go hand-in-hand.

Wait a minute. That can't be -- I'm not mad, am I?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Teslas rotary engine referred to is very different thant Wankles. It could probably be described as a laminar flow turbine that also happend to work very well in reverse as a pump.

I have a machinists periodical that has step by step plans to building a working model- much like those working miniture steam engines. Super simple having only 1 moving part.

As to his energy transmission device- it DID work, but had problems associated with it. Like side effects for medicines- if something cures your heartburns 100% of the time instantly but causes uncontrollable bowl movements you still are not likely to use the meds- same thing with his energy transmitter. There were reports of earthquakes and sprarks coming off peoples feet/hands and tons of town folk having "bad Hairdays"

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Nikola Tesla was a great engineer and a prolific inventor, but he is not "unsung";

In all my 43yrs, I have met 4 people who recognised Tesla's name, and only 1 of them had the slightest clue as to what he was associated with. By the way, I've traveled all over the world. Also, few, if any, public school textbooks even mention his name.

Remember, though, that a lot of the stuff Tesla was working on simply didn't pan out, His "world system" of power is not in use today for the same reason Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann's cold fusion is not in use today: not because it was "suppressed" or any of that, but because it didn't work.

It is widely known by those who are Tesla-familiar, that the power distribution system is not in use today because JP Morgan realised that he had no basis for profitting from the system except for the marketing of receiving antennae. It was to distribute "free" energy. This, due to Tesla's refusal to sign an agreement turning over majority control of his patent rights and projects to Morgan in exchange for other benefits (money, stock), resulted in his main lab being mysteriously burnt to the ground, the discontinuance of funding by Morgan, and financial blacklisting by Morgan.
Tesla was used and abused by the corporate elite of that time period, and they did their very best to bury him.

Incidentally, he did invent an X-Ray generator tube, quite different from any that existed at that time, utilising the "Bremsstrahlung" process, and in many ways superior to other tubes of the time.

Tesla had a passion for improvement, resulting in the reality that many of the items/appliances we have today, would not work half as well if Tesla had not "fixed" the original version. For example, he didn't invent the flourescent light, but he showed how to make it work at it's full potential. Interestingly enough, his suggested method of design wasn't implemented until late in the 20th century (1980's).

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by launchpad
Like side effects for medicines- if something cures your heartburns 100% of the time instantly but causes uncontrollable bowl movements you still are not likely to use the meds- same thing with his energy transmitter.

Geeeee...This sounds like a lot of meds I see advertised on TV.
Granted, I watch as little TV as I can get away with, but every time I do watch it, some pharm corp is advertising stuff just like this.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here's another one being suppressed:

*Zero Point Energy Info*

The First ZPE Patent:

History was made on 12-31-96 when for the first time
ever, ZPE was the subject of a U. S. patent
(#5,590,031). Dr. Frank Mead, from ***Edwards AFB***,
has designed receivers to be spherical collectors of
zero point radiation with hemisphere reflectors of
beat frequencies. He states that "zero point
electromagnetic radiation energy which may potentially
be used to power ********interplanetary craft********
as well as provide for society's other needs has
remained unharnessed."

Proposing to convert zero point electromagnetic
radiation to electrical energy, Dr. Mead grapples with
the high frequencies that may extend up to around 1040
Hertz. (To gain a perspective, gigahertz radar is only
1010 Hz or so. Visible light is about 1014 Hertz and
gamma rays reach into the 20th power, where the
wavelength smaller than an atom) With slightly
different sized receivers, the system produces a beat
frequency. A difference frequency is produced with the
rest of the circuitry amplifying that lower "step down
frequency." For example, if 1 part in a million
accuracy was achieved in making the microspheres, then
the subtraction of two 1020 Hz signals would yield a
1014 Hz beat frequency. However, I have recommended to
Dr. Mead a real step down frequency involving
"frequency division" which would mean less accuracy is
required in the machining of the hardware and a bigger
difference in the frequency output. The important part
of his design is that the physical apparatus itself,
whether a conductor or dielectric, is responding to
the frequencies that it resonates with ZPE. Similar to
the passive mirror article cited above, Mead realizes
that the physical design of the conductor will
determine resonant characteristics. If using large
spheres, then it would resonate with very long, low
energy frequencies. However, he points out, if this is
miniaturized (nano-lithography, down to submicron
levels), then as the frequency cubed (f3) dependence
goes up very fast, the energy density is much higher.
The implications are that not only can it be made as a
solid state device, but the smaller you make it, the
better it is. In fact, Mead has confided that he is
interested in working with single particles like
protons or neutrons that may be slightly different by
parts per trillion for example. This raises the
question of what type of antenna would be appropriate
for such an atomic resonator. So there's a lot of
potential for this invention, and I think we're going
to see other follow-up patents.

As to understanding and concepts behind ZPE, Frank
Mead calls it "zero point electromagnetic radiation
energy." Dr. Lamoreaux wants to refer to it as "a flux
of virtual particles," because the particles that
react and create some of this energy are popping out
of the vacuum and going back in. So, that's another
viewpoint. And of course The New York Times simply
calls it "quantum foam." But the important part about
it, from Dr. Robert Forward's excellent paper, is that
"the quantum mechanical zero point oscillations are
real."

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
meshuggah, your post is difficult to read. You say

"However, I have recommended to Dr. Mead a real step down frequency involving "frequency division..."

I wasn't aware that you were recommending an approach to Dr. Mead!

My guess is that you were quoting some unknown-to-the-rest-of-us author; if so, I think we'd all appreciate it if you gave your cites.

Also when talking about exponents (superscripts, as you know, don't display here) it's helpful to use the caret to delineate exponentiation. For example "ten to the fortieth power" would be 10^40.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Want sources?

vegasnews.squarespace.com...

About half way down the page where it says in bold "The First ZPE Patent"

www.americanantigravity.com...

*This information is on many more web sites I've found, but I don't care to list them all, search yourself...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

...... you might want to think about the inventor ot the television, Philo T Farnsworth Farnsworth.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Off_The_Street]

John Logi Baird broadcast the first television signal in 1926 in London, two years before Farnsworth. Americans havent invented everything mate. Heres just a few from the land down under you might use on a daily basis:

1838 Pre-paid postage
1856 Refrigerator
1858 Football
1889 Electric Drill
1897 Differential gears
1902 Notepad
1906 Feature film
1917 Aspro
1924 Car radio
1927 Speedo
1934 Ute or pickup as you yanks call it
1944 Antibiotic penicillin
1953 Solar hot water
1957 Trousers with a permeant crease
1958 Black box flight recorder. Yes it was invented here.
1965 Inflatable escape slide for airliners
1970 Variable rack and pinion steering
1972 Orbital internal combustion engine
1979 Bionic ear. Our gift to the hearing impaired around the world.
1984 Baby Safety Capsule
1993 Scramjet

Theres a few there that will surprise a few I imagine.

Allmost forgot the most important one: Powered Flight

1894 First powered flight - Perhaps inspired by the boomerang, Lawrence Hargrave discovered that curved surfaces lift more than flat ones. He subsequently built the world's first box-kite, hitched four together, added an engine and flew five metres.

Hargrave corresponded freely with other aviation pioneers, including the Wright Brothers. But unlike the Americans who monopolised their ideas, Hargrave never patented his. Because it promised public access, Hargrave left all his research to the Munich Museum.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You say the land down under as in Australia, but mention penicillin in 1944. I thought Sir Alexander Fleming discovered it at Oxford in England in 1928 and then Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin mapped out its chemical structure in the early 40's which made it possible to synthetically produce it?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My guess is that you were quoting some unknown-to-the-rest-of-us author; if so, I think we'd all appreciate it if you gave your cites.

FYI... another source: Patent office...
i did a patent search a while back, and there are over 20 patents on the books for anti gravity methods and products...
I was under the assumption that a patentable item had to be proved...
if so, then where is my damn skycar?

and yes, OTS, we know you are nutty, but we still love you...

RE: TESLA
didn't i hear that he blew up a large chunk of chicago warehouse district with one of his inventions?
or was that a rumor/or exageration?

[edit on 26-7-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lazarus says:

FYI... another source: Patent office... i did a patent search a while back, and there are over 20 patents on the books for anti gravity methods and products... I was under the assumption that a patentable item had to be proved... if so, then where is my damn skycar?

I don't know what you need to get a patent. My guess is that you don't need to prove it, and the reason I think so is that no one has ever built one. And the excuse from the conspiracy-people that "... the [insert your own particular Secret Bad guy Group here] have bought up the information and are hiding it" is rubbish on the face of it, since the patents that everyone uses as "evidence" have all the drawings and information needed to build the whizzbang in the first place.

I mean, you can't have it both ways!

(1) If there's a patent of a real device that works, why hasn't anyone built one?
(2) If the Secret Bad Guys have suppressed the information, what's the patent doing out there?
(3) And if it actually works, where're the devices?

and yes, OTS, we know you are nutty, but we still love you.and yes, we still love you...

You'd better; you know how insecure I am about such things **snif**.

RE: TESLA didn't i hear that he blew up a large chunk of chicago warehouse district with one of his inventions? or was that a rumor/or exageration?

Beats me; I never heard that one. A couple of years back someone came on one of the forums and tried to prove that Tesla had caused the tunguska explosion, because this person had incontrovertible proof that Tesla was testing one of his whizzbangs at exactly at the same local time (early morning) as was the Tunguska strike (early morning). When I mentioned that he seemed to forget that Tunguska is about ten hours away in local time from New York, the site of Tesla's purported "experiment", he disappeared from the forum.

Oh, well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join