It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crap! Is this a real Reptilian/Demon Photo?? (Warning - Graphic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What IS this?? If it's not a reptilian, what kind of human would have those...things come out of it's body?

[edit on 24-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's a photshop fake, albeit a very skillfully rendered example.

The drop-shadow beneath the tail gives it away.

This picture has made the rounds on the web, and has probably garnered many converts because it looks so real. However, I'm fairly confident it's an altered picture.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
..........a mutant maybe?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
wow that is graphic
yuck

lmao
wheres the rest of this critter anyways?
why not show us the whole body?

ya i think its fake it must be thats Insanity!

shouldnt this go into crytozoology forum ? lol

what a nasty picture LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It looks like a chimpanzee with it's fur shaved off to me.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
It's a photshop fake, albeit a very skillfully rendered example.

The drop-shadow beneath the tail gives it away.

This picture has made the rounds on the web, and has probably garnered many converts because it looks so real. However, I'm fairly confident it's an altered picture.

I don't know but that drop-shadow looks pretty convincing to me. It's perfectly aligned with the rest of the shadows around the body.

I'd like to know who took this photo and where? Is there any website that has information on this particular photo?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
It looks like a chimpanzee with it's fur shaved off to me.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Junkheap]

I thought that too..Except Chimps lack gluteus maxiumus.
No if, ands, or ...butts...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No, it's not a demon or reptilian. I can't seem to find the reference, but I think it's an orangutang baby with a vestigial tail. In any case, it's a mutation but it's not some sort of weird alien hybrid. It's just an unusual mutation and it's one of the anthropoids (it's not impossible that it's human, but it's still a mutation and not genetic engineering, etc.)

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The shadow appears slightly mis-aligned, using the flare on the left butt cheek to source the light.

As I said, it's convincing, but I maintain that it's a fake.

Unfortunately I have none of my software available (new computer, old one's still cranky), so I can't analyze the photo any way but visually.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If this is anything, it's a hybrid.

It's definitly not altered, the...ahem...object seems to be real, it being a mold or maybe real, definitly not a photoshop fake, MAYBE a VERY skillfully made render.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ground Zero
How can you say it's definitely not a photoshop job? I've seen some very convincing fakes created using that software. The data is the real tell, have you analyzed it?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Photoshop is a poor program to produce high quality images with, the lightning on this image is perfect, too perfect to be fake, I have downloaded the image and I can determine if it was touched by Photoshop, but since the logo is added, it might show up with a photoshop mark after all...

But the image definitly looks real, either a very creative person or something real.

It's touched by an Adobe program and the original filename seemed to have been Ducky...hmmm....

[edit on 22/7/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's going to show up with a mask most likely, you have to get in close and check for pixel uniformity and unnatural blending. You can also cut out questionable sections of the photo, like the feet and tail, and try to reproduce the effect by erasing the shadow and using the software to drop it back in. If it's a perfect match, then there's a very good chance that the shadow was fake to begin with.

Photoshop fakes are by no means perfect, but they can, and do, fool the naked eye.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, JPGs are saved without their layers saved, I will check the picture up close and analyze the pictures, i'll let you know what I find out.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
May I suggest the obvious?

Go to the website advertised on the image and look for the original.

www.bangedup.com

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
May I suggest the obvious?

Go to the website advertised on the image and look for the original.

www.bangedup.com

It's here, if anyone is curious enough to check the original source.

A demon among us?

WyrdeOne, if it has been faked, what would be the purpose of doing so? Disinformation? So people can think it's some monster from outer space? I'm getting the feeling from what you've described in the process of faking a photo that it would take a considerable amount of time to get it just right. "I can't wait to have them fooled!". That's just hard to believe. Why would someone take the time to fake this? What's more believable is what Byrd said, but I doubt it's a orangutang baby, looks more human. I see hair coming down to the waist and the hair itself looks human. Although...the feet does look like it came from a gorilla.

Another thing is I can't find this photo at any other site.

I've tried google but ended up with only this when researching vestigial tail:

Encyclopedia of Human Anatomic

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sorry guys, but its nothing more that a sculpture from this artist: www.patriciapiccinini.net...

Here's the link to the statues backside, where the photo in question was taken from: www.patriciapiccinini.net...

She's very talented and it sure is lifelike. There are a couple other threads about it already. One of them is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/23/2005 by milcop70]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
After Byrd and milcop70's posts I think they have convincingly debunked this one.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by milcop70
Sorry guys, but its nothing more that a sculpture from this artist: www.patriciapiccinini.net...

Here's the link to the statues backside, where the photo in question was taken from: www.patriciapiccinini.net...

She's very talented and it sure is lifelike. There are a couple other threads about it already. One of them is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/23/2005 by milcop70]

Wow lol

Thanks man, I feel so much better now. What a talented artist

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
2,3,4 days? How long will this post be allowed to exist when the photo is a known fake?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join