It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Good To Go On 26th! (Fixed Or Not!!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Shuttle to launch on Tuesday 26th July!

This sounds like good news!

But this doesnt.....

NASA will try to launch Discovery on the first space shuttle mission in more than two years next Tuesday, and may press ahead with liftoff even if there's a repeat of the fuel gauge problem that halted last week's countdown.

Havent NASA learnt their lesson yet?
For gods sake dont launch until all the problems have been solved!

NASA pressed ahead with the Challenger launch when warned not to and look what happened!

NASA better hope and pray that if they lift off without fixing the fuel sensor that nothing goes wrong!

Fingers crossed!

Mic

[edit on 21/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

[edit on 21/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

may press ahead with liftoff even if there's a repeat of the fuel gauge problem that halted last week's countdown.

I'm all for the launch ASAP, but pressing ahead despite problems is a BAD IDEA! Protocol is there for a reason!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I'm all for the launch ASAP, but pressing ahead despite problems is a BAD IDEA! Protocol is there for a reason!

Exactly what i thought!!!

Im all for the launch ASAP too but if it meant waiting till the September launch window to be sure that the shuttle is 100% safe to launch, then thats what they should do!!!!!

Mic

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I rember the first shuttle lunch and have been a BIG supporter from the beging I was in class watching the challanger explode jumping up yelling at the TV I know right off what went wrong.
but even still you take larg risk for large gains .
at this point though even I must say its time to end this requless space push and retire the shuttles .its time to use all our newer tek to finly build a real reusable space craft .

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
its time to use all our newer tek to finly build a real reusable space craft .

We already have ones..... but unfortunatelly they're not allowed to be public yet, if you know what i mean.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
at this point though even I must say its time to end this requless space push and retire the shuttles .its time to use all our newer tek to finly build a real reusable space craft .

Exactly my thoughts!

The shuttles have been great for manned space exploration but they are old and tired!

Lets just pray there are no more accidents and that NASA can get the CEV up and running ASAP!

Mic

new topics

top topics

join