It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber Kills 8 In Baghdad (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A suicider bomber killed 8 people in Baghdad, Iraq, when he detonated his vest, that was packed with explosives, outside of an Iraqi Army Recruitment Center. In addition to the 8 that were killed, an additional 28 others were wounded.

www.cnn.com
The bombing took place outside the main gate of the former Muthana Air Base -- site of several previous suicide attacks.

In an attempt to crack down on insurgent violence, Iraqi police said they conducted a raid Wednesday in Babil province in the same area where a suicide blast killed more than 90 people last week. (Full story)

Authorities said they killed two insurgents, detained one man and confiscated a gasoline tanker rigged with explosives in a suburb of Musayyib, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) south of Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's unfortunate that there are casualities like this, however, I feel that is about time that we start combating insurgents more often. In my opinion, we should try to combat them at every point, and have those "major offensives" more often. I read how the police and the insurgents traded gun fire, but the insurgents had RPG's (rocket propelled grenade), but the police don't have explosives, perhaps they should start being outfitted with hand-grenades.

Hopefully they will be able to press the one they captured for some more information.

join