It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's been bothering me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Excuse me if I sound like an idiot or if I confuse you but I was wondering let's say a foodstuff contains valuable nutrients let's say iron, couldn't we take that iron out of the food, turn it into steel and use it for whatever purpose we have intended for it?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
we could probably do that, would be hard, but then we'd never get the iron our body needs, and not to mention, the amount of iron is so small that for any other purpose it's really useless except with MASSIVE quantities of food

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No cos thye iron is minute we impossibel to see with the naked eye.

But anyway all food stuffs say they contain this and that but are they telling the truth?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, the actual amounts of iron in a large serving of food are like about a mg or so, and that means really tiny trace amounts.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The amount is small, but there was this thing in my 7th or 8th grade science class with cereal... Well anyway my teacher had a big clear bucket and a box of like corn flakes ... he put 'em in water in the bucket and mushed the cereal, then there was a big magnet... ya and not to my surprise, it came out with a whole lot of iron filings on it. Now it would be different when the food naturally takes up iron from the ground and isn't supplemented. But I thought that was a neat little "experiment" to share with the class... uh, ATS. You can do the experiment and try the cereal afterward...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Big, HUGE electro Magnet would probably be the way to go... depenging on if it's cereal or a sandwich you're trying to steal iron from... But the answer is yes, you CAN... the question then becomes... why on earth would you WANT to... it's not like you get any significant ammount of iron out of it. You're better off going to a junkyard if you need iron.

Interesting note... some electro magnets are strong enough to pull the iron out of your blood. That's why you're not allowed in or near a particle accelerator when it's in use. (you're also not allowed in it because it'd really hurt getting hit by a hydrogen atom cruising close to the speed of light.)

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
thanks, just wondering

top topics

join