It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please post all "NEW ATS LAYOUT" queries/comments here

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We already have a few scattered threads here in Board Questions & Business regarding the ATS website layout, currently being implemented by our resident technology guru SkepticOverlord.

In order to keep everyone's queries, comments, issues, problems, blah blah, etc. in one place for all to find, if you have anything to say please tap it up in this thread.

Expect things to look half & half until the site has been fully transitioned to it's new look.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
here are a couple of problems ive found:
Edit buttons gone missing

Text here is white to log in i know theres a big button but just pointing out the text one saying login you cant see

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The "ATS Blogs" tab is not working.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

me too

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by paperclip

me too

looks like its working now for me anyway

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
and what happend to the background color for avatars recently and other such things is the ats coping with huges amounts of users again?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I hate to say it but i just don’t like it. Doesn't have the same air of professionalism the last design had.

It is clearer though and i can imagine it will make the site easier to navigate.

Well done guys!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Does the header have the big grey spot and the darker shade of red in it for you to?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I like it, however, the Images from the new server are acting like ghosts to me. I can't see any of them, can you imagine navigating ATS for days with out images?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Will there be an option to change between themes? Looks like the new theme is a very lightweight, which is nice. it looks like you're resizing the buttons becuase the newposts button, 66.98.176.42... has a jaggy by the E. I'm using firefox 1.0.4.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not a technical issue but I'm sad to see the ID banners at the top of the page leave only to be replace by ads. I know this is a free site so all revenue to maintain it must come from advertising but I liked the banners and am sad to see 'em go.

A positive note, I can't complain at all, I haven't had any problems while the site is being redone. I know SkepticOverlord must be working his tail off and it's coming about nicely.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The podcast button doesn't seem to be working either.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Folks might want to hold your "this isn't working" beta-tester posts until it's all finished and done. SO is obviously altering code behind the scenes, so there will naturally be some things not working/disappearing/acting funny throughout the transition.

Shhhh...patience, young ones.

[edit on 2005-7-19 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is what I'm getting in Internet Explorer at my native res 1600x1200x32 and at the res I guess ATS is designed for 1024x768x32. Both give a missalignment in the bottom corners of the red square. And at 1600x1200 it totaly goes whacked.

I ran this with both popup/ads blockers and without, giving the same result.

1024*768*32

1600*1200*32

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A while back it occured to me to reconfirm an idea in logic, namely "go back to the beginning." That stood to reason in adopting as my avatar the original graphic from the very first page of www.abovetopsecret.com.

In all these things remember where you have proceeded, so you will maintain all the accomplishments into the future that are important for many people.

The only objection I have right now is that I use 800x600 whereas the current page at least wants to be 1200x768 for a complete viewing. Some of us are getting older and are still waiting for the antioxidants to kick into service, you know "the vision thing," in every way.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r

Does the header have the big grey spot and the darker shade of red in it for you to?

cpr12r, the grey box is where normaly the advertisement goes. I'm guessing your using a popup/ads blocker that doesn't kill ads entirely, just blocks them from displaying.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Personally, I don't like the rounded edges on all the buttons. It looks clunky.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
top_left-bottomcorner(image) doesn't link up to top_left-side(image) and it is the same on the right side as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Personally, I don't like the rounded edges on all the buttons. It looks clunky.

ahhh come on, rounded edges look much more pleasing to the eye than sharp edges don't they?

external image

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ATS Webmail tab?

Is there going to be one?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join