It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messianic Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the 100 or so prophecies in the old testament are specifically fortelling the coming of the messiah of the jewish people. however, jewish people do not accept jesus as their saviour, so what's the deal?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Because the "Old" Testament does not mention Jesus. The "New" Testament is about Jesus. The Jews do not believe in the New Testament. They say Jesus did not fulfill all the signs that the Jewish Messiah is said to fulfill in the "Old" Testament.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
so it's the christians who interpret the messianic prophecies in the old testament apply to jesus? however, jesus 'according to the jews' isn't mentioned in the old testament, and these prophecies are supposed to be about a jewish messiah, yet jewish people don't accept jesus as their saviour. tis all rather confusing.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Because the messiah was said to be the bringer of peace on earth. where everyone would be worshipping the one true god. He would also restore the temple and bring back the tribes of Isra-EL.
In other words, he didn't fulfill the requirements to be the messiah as layed down in the Tanakh so the jews cant accept him.
However, if you look at ancient judaism, there is the concept of two messiahs (won't find many discussing it)...a suffering one and a kingly one...christians say these two messiahs are the same person (Yeshua); the jews deny that he was either.
Regardless, THE messiah has yet to come either way. If Yeshua comes back and fulfills the rest of the prophecies then (and only then) can one say he is THE true messiah.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Shauny, like i said, it's not that it's just because Jesus is not mentioned in the Old Testament but that the Jews do not feel that Jesus fulfilled all of the prohesies that were mentioned in the Old Testament.
Also it does not mean that they do not believe in Jesus as a person or that it has anything to do with him being Jewish. A lot of Jews believe he was a very good Rabbi of those times, they however do not believe he was their Messiah.
There is a group though called "Jews for Jesus" that do believe he is their Messiah. So it's not all Jews, but the majority that do not accept Jesus as their Messiah.

One thing that can be said, is no man has had a greater impact on history then the man named Jesus.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I need to have each of you answer this question

The 12 apostles, including Judas..

They were

1.) Russian
2.) American
3.) Australian
4.) Greek
5.) Jewish

Jesus Christ was

1.) Jewish
2.) American
3.)Austrian
4.) German
5.) Mexican

Paul was

1.) Chinese
2.) Jewish
3.) Syrian
4.) Persian
5.) Italian

Now one last question

OUt of all of those jews listed above...
Which says that Jesus Christ was not the Messiah?

Conclusion

All jews did not reject Christ.

Further research: Google - Messianic jews

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Jake, did'nt I already point that out in my post above yours? what is your point?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
you refuted it.

I created in interactive response that invited them to provide more information.

You made a great post. I did it that way just yesterday I believe...in another thread. It seems like no one hears it

top topics

join