It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
So theres new laws which he is going to be tried on?
Specifically, the crimes the tribunal says Saddam committed are:
* Executing at least 50 Iraqis in 1982 in the Shiite town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, in retaliation for a failed assassination attempt against Saddam.
* Killing and deporting 8,000 members of the powerful Kurdish Barzani tribe, of which the current Kurdistan Democratic Party leader, Massoud Barzani, belongs.
* The 1988 chemical weapons attack on the Kurdish town of Halabja that killed an estimated 5,000 people.
* Executing prominent religious and political figures.
* Ordering the seven-month occupation of Kuwait that was ended by the 1991 U.S.-led Gulf War.
* The 1991 suppression of a Shiite uprising in southern Iraq.
* Dujail killings 1982
* Massacre of Barzani tribe 1983
* Killing of religious leaders 1974
* 'Ethnic cleansing' of Kurds 1988
* Gassing Kurds in Halabja 1988
* Invasion of Kuwait 1990
* Crushing the Shia and Kurd uprising 1991
* Killing political activists
Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Ironic because arguably one of the reasons we invaded Iraq was revenge for Hussein's attempt(s) on George Bush's life. That assassination was, of course, in retribution for an invasion.
Originally posted by soapydodger
maybe someone will do the decent thing and kil him and save a whole load of money getting wasted on the trial.
Originally posted by AlienAntFarm
Saddam's rise to power in that Third World countty was American-funded. Saddam has been a CIA asset since the 1950's. Really. The guy is practically an American himself. The only thing he's missing is his US passport.