It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Foreign Fighters Weren't Active Prior to Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A report by Saudi officials and an Israeli thinktank found that the Iraqi war created "terrorists," contrary to the Bush administration's assertion that Iraq was simply used as a battlefront by active terrorists.

However, interrogations of nearly 300 Saudis captured trying to sneak into Iraq and case studies of more than three dozen others who blew themselves up in suicide attacks show that most were heeding calls to drive infidels out of Arab land, according to a study by Saudi investigator Nawaf Obaid.

An analysis of 154 foreign fighters compiled by a leading terrorism researcher found that despite the presence of some senior al-Qaida operatives, "the vast majority of non-Iraqi Arabs killed in Iraq have never taken part in any terrorist activity prior to their arrival in Iraq."

The Israel study says: "Only a few were involved in past Islamic insurgencies in Afghanistan, Bosnia, or Chechnya."

www.chron.com...

I know many have already stated what reason had dictated, that the Iraqi War created terrorists. This study has given some evidence behind what was already perceived. Rather than giving a lengthy analysis, I am simply offering this information to everyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Of course there were no foreign fighters trying to fight U.S. forces before the war! Thats because we had not arrived yet.

That information is about as groundbreaking as a thread on the sky being blue...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Groundbreaking Sky Is Blue Thread

Sometimes the axiomatic qualities of the concept that commences the topic give rise to some very significant previously unperceived gems.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
That information is about as groundbreaking as a thread on the sky being blue...

I know, it's very obvious that the Iraqi War would create terrorists, but as Masked Avatar said, sometimes people just don't think about it until it slaps them in the face. It's truth is immediately perceived even though we may never have given it much thought before.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Groundbreaking Sky Is Blue Thread

Sometimes the axiomatic qualities of the concept that commences the topic give rise to some very significant previously unperceived gems.

What, is William F. Buckley schizophrenic? In his magazine, he's a conservative, but here he's not!

Regardless, whever he is, his pattern of communication is self-absorbed pontification! (How was that, Mr. Buckley? Did it sound smart, or just sound like a redneck trying to use words he can barely spell, much less understand?
)

I certainly didn't expect the guys to have been marching in place in the wastelands, waiting for the day that the Iraqi citizenry was given the chance of self-rule.
It's an understandable concept. For example, I'll see the fair if it is in my town, but I won't go see it if it is in Tennessee. I haven't the time of money.
The poorer militant can go over to Iraq to wreak havoc, but only the better-positioned can afford the trek to Chechnya, Bosnia, or Manhattan.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The poorer militant can go over to Iraq to wreak havoc, but only the better-positioned can afford the trek to Chechnya, Bosnia, or Manhattan.

Well, what the study found was, "that most were heeding calls to drive infidels out of Arab land, according to a study by Saudi investigator Nawaf Obaid."

new topics

top topics

join