It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(STBSS) A world without Notice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The wind was humid, filled with heavy moisture from the impending storm. Each lick of its fingers against my skin seemed to leave behind a dampness, aside from my own sweat. Have you ever felt the sky press down upon you? Its burdened today,burgeoning with dark clouds hovering over the mountain peaks. The very earth seems to eminate heat like an oven basting a turkey and I am the fowl chosen. Across the world, there are headlines occuring. Countries are at war and here I sit; waiting for the war to come to me.

"Excuse me, sir. Have you the time?" The man looked startled as I questioned him. In his world, strangers don't speak to one another, much less question the time anymore. I am an oddity; something to be studied at a more convienent time. He glanced over a second time before hurrying off without a word. I wonder if later he sat before his computer and composed letters to people. I wonder if he plugs into the world at all; or if he scurries through his day like a mouse and then falls asleep in front of the television, fuzzy slippers and all.

My eyes scan the men and women around me and I wonder if they, too, would brush off a stranger simply because they are an unknown quality. My fingers cradle the pen as I open the faded cover of my journal and I begin to inscribe my thoughts. Rapidly, the words emerge, the ink smudging below my fingers as each word passes from my mind and onto paper as the crowds pass me by. Do they question what we are told? Do they take the time to think of recent events in depth? The masses, we do cater to them, don't we? From mass produced fast food to news papers who report the distilled truth, we center on the bigger picture. The microcosm of society is slowly losing its structure within the macrostructured world.

For a moment, I simply sat there penning my thoughts before they were lost within the buzz of the city before picking up my apron. My break was almost over, regardless of the time. I happened to take a moment to look behind me at the park as I pulled open the resturaunt door, just in time to watch the storm break across the city. Newspapers became umbrellas as men and woman hurried to save their suits from the droplets pouring from the sky. I wonder how many of them even bothered to notice the coming storm.

**These are simply thoughts from one day of my life and the world I noticed around me. Forgive me if they ramble incoherently. I simply wished to write about a world which did not notice the storm, despite the foreboding sky. Thank you, Moxie**

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Moxie, that was a good obvservation. I am always curious as to what other people see through their eyes. Perception is so different from person to person, yet we all have access to the same information.

new topics

join