It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint scanner to ID school children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Students in an Ohio public school district will be fingerprinted to identify them in lunch lines, raising privacy concerns among parents.

The Akron school board approved, 5-2, a request for $700,000 to modernize its cafeterias, agreeing to pilot the system this fall at a middle school, the Akron Beacon Journal reported.

Board members were barraged with phone calls and e-mails from parents

This is getting out of hand. !

What next a DNA data bank, incase one of the kids breaks into the school over the holidays.

The Full Story Here:

www.federalobserver.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The transformation of schools into mindless, corporate, zombie-slave, factories is nearly complete. I find it hard to believe that the worlds most powerful nation would have the worst schools in the world without reason. I figured out that school was a joke in the 6th grade...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They used the school shootings to launch a big brother in schools. It was on BBC news last night and the parents were supporting the new system. Having big brother in schools is abit over the top if you ask me. There is really no need for it. You haven't had a school shooting for years. UK schools are far worst then US schools

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
ID scanning, Big Bother, all kinds of securities might be a good idea, It'll prevent the next colombine from happening. Kids w/ guns will be caught with the metal detectors. Kids w/ drugs will be caught with the drug sniffing dogs. This in my opinion does not invade the privacy of children, it protects them, it should make'em feel safe from harm. Then with all this it will not disturb the learning system.

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah, you know why parents supported it? Because parents nowadays are too f*cking lazy to watch and teach their kids!!!! Most people should not breed...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellfireburns
ID scanning, Big Bother, all kinds of securities might be a good idea, It'll prevent the next colombine from happening. Kids w/ guns will be caught with the metal detectors. Kids w/ drugs will be caught with the drug sniffing dogs. This in my opinion does not invade the privacy of children, it protects them, it should make'em feel safe from harm. Then with all this it will not disturb the learning system.

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

You're kidding, right? How would having fingerprints on file prevent Colombine?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
that is not what I mean, I meant if we enforce more security measures to prevent guns from coming in our schools then we can prevent the next colombine.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, just like we prevent all other forms of crime in this same way, right?...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well no one said we lived in a perfect country, our primary concern is the safety of our kids, safety in schools. If this can't be accomplished then why the hell do we go to school if we know we are vulnerable to danger?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I wonder if some of the parents would be so understanding, if all the banks suddenly asked them to use a finger print scan when withdrawing money from there account.

Or if the large department stores and shops asked them to use a scanner as they entered, so they would know who is in the store incase of a terrrorist attack.

Would they use a finger print scan to pay for there groceries instead of a credit card

I don't think they would, but they let there kids be used as test subjects.

This is forming a fingerprint data base by stealth.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Finger Printing is just another way for our government to control us, any way, why would they use it towards children is beyond my imagination, would they soop that low to use kids as test subjects? Since we live in a ignorance society the parents wouldn't catch what our Admin is trying to do

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
hellfire, this is the government you're talking about. Why wouldn't they start with kids? These are the people they have to worry about being a threat at some point, they are going to replace us in this country eventually...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So sad... after we're gone no one will be able to tell from the real or the illusion(our government feeding us crap in the media). So I guess this is a preamptive strike. All this new technology is use towards against us. Putting our ID in file so Government and friends can check up on us see what we're doing every day.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
They used the school shootings to launch a big brother in schools. It was on BBC news last night and the parents were supporting the new system. Having big brother in schools is abit over the top if you ask me. There is really no need for it. You haven't had a school shooting for years. UK schools are far worst then US schools

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by infinite]

Very true, the US government are using the shootings as an excuse to introduce the fingerprinting technology the same way they used September 11th as an excuse to "liberate" Afghanistan and Iraq, and expand their empire in the middle east.

This is so obviously being done with the intention of getting the prints of every kid in the country on file. And it is senseless.

Knowing that your prints are on a computer database somewhere is not going to stop you from shooting your classmates, then yourself, is it? That's if you want to do that sort of thing...

And Infinite, about your point on UK schools, they're generally very good provided the student wants to learn. Disruptive students are by far the greatest problem with our education system. That, and vengeful power hungry teachers with permenant PMT who couldn't qualify for any other proffesion, and despise children.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I really don't see why the government would want to finger print children for?? its not like they're going to plan a terrorist attack or anything.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The government is doing this so it wouldn't face any uprisings towards the next generation. Who knows what our Gov't might do to the next Generation?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
micro chips will be next on there list for tracking us

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Micro Chip Technology to be introduced by wall-mart.

Full Story Here:

www.sierratimes.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
quaneeri, thanx for the link. Its shocking, i really don't wanna think what comes next

top topics

join