It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atlantis fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
atlantis dremet up by plato after his mentor socretes died at the hands of the greeks atlantis is everythng plato nted grecce to be

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshylozenknight
atlantis dremet up by plato after his mentor socretes died at the hands of the greeks atlantis is everythng plato nted grecce to be

There is only one problem with your statement, "PROOF". Come up with that and then ill believe you.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No, there's two problems. Proof, and...*drumroll* excrutiatingly poor English.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Not to bash on you if you're like, foreign, or whatever, but man...Some better english skills please. Oh, and proof too. lots of proof. I mean, I hated Plato as much as the next guy...but just bashing his idea, without proof...I dunno...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Might I ask, what is the favoured tipple in 'nirvana" and where does one purchase it?

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
*only sees the words 'purchase' and 'nirvana'* At your local record store!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Atlantis is not fiction... Flying craft and death rays? Yes, that's fiction... But Atlantis did exist (and still does in a way). The continent of Atlantis is South America. The capital of the same name, is located in the Altiplano region of South America...

Here's a link:

www.geocities.com...

Especially check out all of the Plato points that this location matches... Remember, only the capital was destroyed in Plato's account, not the entire continent... Plato gave pretty precise measurements and locations...all are present here, as well as the more convincing description of naturally occurring Orichalcum...which isn't found many places in the world, but is in the Altiplano....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Atlantis is the mythology for the West.

Note even in this thread how everyone had diferent ideas about what it was.

Its a lot of seperate stories and folk tales tied together in one bundle, even if they don't fit. These stories are twisted, or warped to fit the story the person is trying to tell and untimately to sell books.

So we have Atlantis in Antartica, Crete, Rhodes, Somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic, Bemuda Triangle, it goes on and on.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yeah, at one time or another, I've delved into all of them...but none fit Plato's account to a "T" in addition to just "feeling" right... There is no doubt in my mind regarding the Altiplano....

top topics

join