It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage worldwide legal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think that would be a great huge stap of the humanity for worldpeace.
But I don t think that s gonna happend now cuz there s still to much hate in the world.
Why hate some people gays? If there are any here what s the reason.
Cuz I m sure there are gaymembers in this huge international site.

yavis

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There are still parts of the world where it is illegal to even be gay let alone have a gay marriage.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well umbrax but that could change if people open their minds and think smart ang logic.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yavis
Well umbrax but that could change if people open their minds and think smart ang logic.

I live in hope

Someday...perhaps we'll "allow" two consenting adults to live together, or be married, without the risk of prejudice, condemnation or alienation.

One thing that keeps getting thrown about is "Well if we allow gays to marry, what's next?!?! marrying animals??? Children???"

I can never understand that argument - it seems so screamingly, blindingly obvious that two adults can consent to such a relationship...animals and children cannot. Huge difference.

So, I live in hope, that we can truly deny ignorance and let people be happy together.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
"Well if we allow gays to marry, what's next?!?! marrying animals??? Children???"

Tonight, this portion of Tinkleflower's post will be read by Billy-Bob Joe.....

It's a beautiful idea yavis....I agree - It would be wonderful to suddenly have a restored sense of tolerance in today's society....

But there's nothing our collection of modern cultures can ever agree to do on a worldwide scale.....

Okay - The pacifist in me is about to break free....

I don't care if War of the Worlds or Independence Day comes true tomorrow - Those movies of conquering our greatest fears as one global team are a great big festering hype of humanitarian Utopia....

The fact is, in any situation in which a certain group of people stand to loose their pride or dignity, we as humans will not give up our centuries of battling for our right to believe in something until everyone else is dead and we're the only ones left standing.....

It may eventually happen on a case-by-case basis…and only here and there…..But it would come only after many very hateful people came to the conclusion that everyone’s going to hell and they have nothing to do but say “Oh well….I tried my best God…”

[edit on 7/16/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It is because many people are closed minded, now when I say what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to diss Christianity, but Christianity really does'nt help matters, and yes I know Jesus said that all people should be accepted.
Oh and by the way, I am Gay.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
It is because many people are closed minded, now when I say what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to diss Christianity, but Christianity really does'nt help matters, and yes I know Jesus said that all people should be accepted.
Oh and by the way, I am Gay.

I don t think the world is ready yet for this worldwide gay marriage but many other country y proved that they ARE by making it legal.

and btw it s cool that you re gay

yavis

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here in Belgium it's possible. Even been to one myself. Those guys looked liked the happiest people in the world, it was beautifull. But hey, they deserved it, been together for 5 years or something. (married on 05-05-2005)

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I gave serious consideration to opening a small business to serve this segment of the population when gay marriage became legal where I live. For countries, such as mine, this is a nice boost to the economy.

I worked on Altitude a few years ago (aka Whistler Gay Ski Week). The gay community is huge, and has the disposable income to vacation wherever the are made to feel comfortable. People come from all over the world, because they can show their affection for each other in public, and not get harrassed for it.

Some of the events looked like so much fun I almost wished I was gay, so I could attend...

And not all Christians have an issue with gays. There are some churches (at least in Canada) where it is not an issue, and gays can even be ordained and get married within the church now that the laws have changed.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Could you expand on this with reasons for it being a positive step and how this could bring world peace?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Could you expand on this with reasons for it being a positive step and how this could bring world peace?

I think that s pretty easy to understand. Right now there is is much hate in the world, hate against gay s ( like before said in many country s you get punished if you ´just ARE gay.) and so much more. If people would make gay marriage worldwide legal that would be great for the worldpeace cuz that would be a signal that they don t need no hate anymore, that they see in that it brings only bad things with and that they except people as they are.

and this alone couldn t bring worldpeace cuz there are so many other problems. But this is one of the biggest problems and if a solution comes for this, than we are already closer by worldpeace.
Than we have so many other things to change of course: war, terrorism....

Do you understand now what I mean?

yavis

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This topic reminds me of when John Kerry was asked during one of the presidential debates "Do you believe homosexuality is a choice, or are they born that way?"

I pray the day comes that 1, just 1 non lying politician stands up and says:

"Well, I am a 35+ year old man, and I don't believe I could simply choose to be sexually arroused by another man. However, if the American people want me to utilize their tax dollars in a way that spends their money making laws that dictate what grown adults are allowed to do in the privacy of their own bedrooms, then perhaps you should vote for my opponent!"

Wouldn't that be a dream come true?

I personally am a well versed hederosexual and an optimist.

So, when I see two men walking down the street holding hands I am not disgusted at all, because there are two less men in this world that are compitition for me.

I fail to see how homosexuality diminishes human experience and aides in the destruction of the social order.

The current social order has a 7,000 year recorded/written history of not going 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and distruction.

7,000 years without 1 week devoid of war, killing, and destruction.

FEAR and HATE are not providing this paradigm with a good track record.

Maybe humanity will soon give TRUTH and LOVE a try. Tolerance will soon follow. People can dream .....

[edit on 25/7/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

I live in hope

Someday...perhaps we'll "allow" two consenting adults to live together, or be married, without the risk of prejudice, condemnation or alienation.

One thing that keeps getting thrown about is "Well if we allow gays to marry, what's next?!?! marrying animals??? Children???"

I can never understand that argument - it seems so screamingly, blindingly obvious that two adults can consent to such a relationship...animals and children cannot. Huge difference.

So, I live in hope, that we can truly deny ignorance and let people be happy together.

Well, it probably would take a very long time for there to be no prejudice, condemnation or alienation. I mean as long as there are humans, there will always be conflict. The only thing we could do is to pray that such times would come.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I'd bet that if they were willing to call it something else (like a "civil union") vs. marriage, the religious right would have a much harder time thwarting such legislation...

I kind of have a personal stake in this.

My wife's mother is gay, and is now in a coma.
Her partner (of over 25 yrs) will be in a serious financial position should she pass.

If she was a husband, vs. life partner, she'd get her social security, etc. to help her live (she's also on disability after a debilitating car accident). However, as it currently stands, she's screwed if her partner (my mother in law) passes.

Just a personal example of the impact.

I'm sure eventually it will be a done deal, I mean homosexuality has NEVER been more accepted politically than now (well, maybe in ancient Rome or Greece, hehe...), so just a matter of time really.

May be too late to help her though....

top topics

join