It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart, Disney and the NWO...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I was watching a show with my girlfriend. In this particular show, one of the characters worked at Wal-Mart. This person won employeee of the month in which a ceremony was presented in his honor and he was given a $200 dollar bonus.

I work at a Wal-Mart (pathetic, I know). I have recieved the Employee of the Month Award (I am still convinced it was a clerical error), and I must say that you do not get a ceremony. You do not recieve 200 dollars, and you do not pass go.

That's when the thought came to mind, is an organization with NWO as it's goal possible? Could it be that that scene in that particular show was something more than it appeared to be. Could propoganda be that far reaching that Wal-Mart allowed their name to be used in a television show, portraying false and extravigant benefits to it's employees in order to gain more loyal workers because they are apart of an ultimate plan?

Could it be that there are no cowinkydinks, but that everything is planned by an omnipresent being or group of people bent on the subjugation of all life on earth?

I read somewhere--sometime ago--that Disney Property such as Disneyland is basically it's own country. Meaning that you could be arrested in Disneyland and held until an extradition warrant must be obtained for you to be released to American authorities.

Wal-Mart, being the retailing giant that it is, seems to be held in the most holy of lights right now in the corporate world. Wal-Mart and Disney employs hundreds of thousands of people. What better way to take over?

Wal-Mart sells guns, and rated R movies, but censored music, makes you think don't it? Why censor music and not the movies. Could it be that movies are used to dumb us down, or have no affect on us, but the music-- the universal language--is censored because it can affect our minds and emotions?

And Disney with it's cutsey army of undead, demons, smiling axes and phalanx legions of hearts, diamonds, spades and clovers, I think it's entirely possible for the NWO to originate from these two seemingly innocent sources...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Could it be that that scene in that particular show was something more than it appeared to be. Could propoganda be that far reaching that Wal-Mart allowed their name to be used in a television show, portraying false and extravigant benefits to it's employees in order to gain more loyal workers because they are apart of an ultimate plan?

I'm interested in that issue.

Product placement and advertising and propaganda within shows are common. I have no doubt that rather than just allowing the name to be used, there could have been a Walmart paid agenda to have a positive impression made in the script.

I don't see it as part of an NWO plan. I think you may even find some stores running that kind of award ceremony... how much do you think individual store policies vary?

Did you see the PBS documentary Store Wars, about the Virginia community resisting the Walmart development, voting out its Council who supported the development, and finding the last callous (maybe corrupt) act of the outgoing Council was to formally approve the construction? Riveting stuff, sad ending.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I have always wondered, that these companies exist to make money...to what end?

Wal-Mart is pretty strict with it's policies, I don't think they vary that much from store to store, especially when it comes to handing out money.

And no, I haven't seen that special, but will be on the lookout for it...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I was watching a show with my girlfriend. In this particular show, one of the characters worked at Wal-Mart. This person won employeee of the month in which a ceremony was presented in his honor and he was given a $200 dollar bonus.

I work at a Wal-Mart (pathetic, I know). I have recieved the Employee of the Month Award (I am still convinced it was a clerical error), and I must say that you do not get a ceremony. You do not recieve 200 dollars, and you do not pass go.

That's when the thought came to mind, is an organization with NWO as it's goal possible? Could it be that that scene in that particular show was something more than it appeared to be. Could propoganda be that far reaching that Wal-Mart allowed their name to be used in a television show, portraying false and extravigant benefits to it's employees in order to gain more loyal workers because they are apart of an ultimate plan?

Could it be that there are no cowinkydinks, but that everything is planned by an omnipresent being or group of people bent on the subjugation of all life on earth?

I read somewhere--sometime ago--that Disney Property such as Disneyland is basically it's own country. Meaning that you could be arrested in Disneyland and held until an extradition warrant must be obtained for you to be released to American authorities.

Wal-Mart, being the retailing giant that it is, seems to be held in the most holy of lights right now in the corporate world. Wal-Mart and Disney employs hundreds of thousands of people. What better way to take over?

Wal-Mart sells guns, and rated R movies, but censored music, makes you think don't it? Why censor music and not the movies. Could it be that movies are used to dumb us down, or have no affect on us, but the music-- the universal language--is censored because it can affect our minds and emotions?

And Disney with it's cutsey army of undead, demons, smiling axes and phalanx legions of hearts, diamonds, spades and clovers, I think it's entirely possible for the NWO to originate from these two seemingly innocent sources...

I was in a Wal-mart the other day and found those commercials to be VERY misleading= no one smiled and greeted you at the door and everyone had this dour expression on their faces. Plus whats up with all the blue smocks they make them wear? Kind of reminds me of a UN uniform.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   

danm ur flipping ingenois to think of something like that. never in my WILDEST dream would i imagine them doing that. but now that i think about it and u explain its like they can do it and the everage dum @ss like myself wouldnt even think twice about it. thinks for lightning up a room that was once closed...i will now pay more attention to everything...my motto "dont be a victim"

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yeah, wal mart is pretty dastardly. So is Disney. I'm gonna punch walt in his friggin cryogenically frozen head someday soon...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Disney's cryogenic suspension is an urban myth explained elsewhere at ATS.

Ted Williams with a baseball bat (available from all good Walmart stores) is a possibility, if it doesn't fall apart first.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
why do ya think disney gives ppl jobs all over the world, so they can capitalize all the stupid monkey junk countries AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow. Disney...say it ain't so!

Seriously, you might be onto something, definately something worth looking into for sure.

You are right about Disneyland. It could be considered a country of its own. Does anyone have stats on how much money they make,employees,etc etc???

Stats would be helpful if you want to find something out.

-WD

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think by now everyone knows the "Employees" in the Walmart Commercials are just actors.

The Walmart in Maryland doesnt have any white employees let alone ones that Speak english.

BTW not an attack on Walmart. SOme of the employees are very nice at the register. We know that Walmart is non union and doesnt pay #. Even if they were unionezed it would still be a part time job with no Benefits.

I dont know how any of the employees on the registers can ever smile with the long lines but they do.

I like the prices at walmart and the products but I know its not a nice place so I avoid going there. I go there about once a year and buy something.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Wow. Disney...say it ain't so!

Seriously, you might be onto something, definately something worth looking into for sure.

You are right about Disneyland. It could be considered a country of its own. Does anyone have stats on how much money they make,employees,etc etc???

Stats would be helpful if you want to find something out.

-WD

Fiscal report thru 3Q 2003 for Disney Inc
biz.yahoo.com...

Number of employees?
Over 100,000 worldwide.
disney.go.com...

Do a little looking around to see how Disney treats its employees. It's sick.

-B.

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Banshee]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am not saying Wal-Mart is super-groovy-cool, but it does pay my bills. Even though most of us O/Ners and O/N Managers know how things are. A lot of the products are craptastic, cheap and worthless. Though I doubt many other companies put quality before profit, that's just how business is.

I do find it funny though that in order for us regular associates to get a bonus, it depends on how much money is lost due to theft, repairs and the bottom line. If those numbers don't add up right, no bonus for us lowly hourly employees. I am pretty sure though that the Assistant Managers and the Store Manager gets a big fatty of a bonus regardless.

As far as pay goes, I didn't expect it to be good. It's better then a lot of jobs, but given the area I live in, and the fact that Wal-Mart is the BIGGEST retailer in the world, you think they could kick the pay up a notch. However they don't because they use the typical, "There's not much money in retail," excuse that we all know is a load of bullsh!t.

Corporations are not to be trusted, no matter what form they take. If the last few years have not taught us that, then we deserve what they give us...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thorfinn

It is true that Walmart offer low prices because they buy in massive bulk at low cost, take less than normal retail margins, and rely on volume for their humongous profits.

Low labor costs are part of that fine-tuned equation. Increased labor costs means increased prices, lost volumes and profits.

Same style of warehouse retailing growing all over the world, same complaints.

Not defending your employer, just setting up the profit equation.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i saw a show in english class once about disney's sweat shops in honduras and the people were makin like a couple bucks a day and then they told them how much they were selling the clothes they made for and they freaked out! i would freak out too if my wage was like 1/20th of what the product was sold for, oh wait it's capitalism

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK... Has anyone here considered that maybe.. just MAYBE, this isnt' some kind of big conspiracy to take over, but just a bunch of greedy bastards taking advantage of the fact that there are people who need money badly enough to put up with being underpaid. The portrayal of big employee of the month bonuses is maybe propaganda, but just to make them look like a more appealing employer. I saw someone wonder what purpose they wanted to make money for. They just want to be rich. Who the hell doesn't? As I said, they are just a bunch of greedy bastards. Dishonest, yes, but it's not some kind of conspiracy to take anything over other than a #-ton of money.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting theory, Combined with the fact that about 2 months ago, Walmart signed a contract with the U.S. Govt where GI's coming back from service got a guarantee interview.
I still wonder what walmart got out of it, but have not found anything on it yet.

But i have to agree, it sucks as a job but pays the bills.. Sadly i'm one of them stuck there.. not a lot of options where i am. They are one of the top paying employers around.
O/N is the only way to go, seems like they have more brains and actually think, man some of them during the day, i think they got them fresh from the science experiment.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

I hate Wal-Mart, have for several years now, but there is no way they, by themselves at least, have any plans beyond making as much money as possible. However it is the rise of transnational corporations (and big mergers) and the international economy that is bringing us closer to a One World Government, because once your financial system is global and your corporations no longer bound to any one nation (or any real rules of ethics, human rights, etc) than slowly but surely the decay begins and the slow slide toward "Wouldn't it just be easier to have one currency, one government, etc"

The way I see it World Government is inevitable, as much as I hate the idea, as much as I know it will be tyrannical, its inevitable because power always seeks to become greater, more centralized, and more absolute and as long as we give men power they will seek to gain more unless the proper controls are put on that power and watchful eyes vigilantly restrain them...

Edit to add, love the Crow quote, MST3K rules

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

From the very outset, the president described the "war on terror" as a vast undertaking of paramount importance. But he simultaneously urged Americans to carry on as if there were no war. "Get down to Disney World in Florida," he urged just over two weeks after 9/11. "Take your families and enjoy life, the way we want it to be enjoyed." Bush certainly wanted citizens to support his war -- he just wasn't going to require them actually to do anything. The support he sought was not active but passive.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Bush told me to go to Disney World two weeks after 9-11.

translation:

Bush: "go back to sleep"

new topics

top topics

join