It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God gave us a brain....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
would it be because damage to the brain is a common thing that happens(maybe not to common). Is it possible that the 90% which isn't used could help people. Im no expert, this is just my 2 minute opinion. When operation occurs in the brain, its okay to cut into it. Just don't damage what we use (the 10% am I right?).

Diseases like Cancer and such that spread into the areas, if we use 100% wouldn't that make it impossible to operate?
LIke I said, Im no expert.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
would it be because damage to the brain is a common thing that happens(maybe not to common). Is it possible that the 90% which isn't used could help people. Im no expert, this is just my 2 minute opinion. When operation occurs in the brain, its okay to cut into it. Just don't damage what we use (the 10% am I right?).

Diseases like Cancer and such that spread into the areas, if we use 100% wouldn't that make it impossible to operate?
LIke I said, Im no expert.

No your totally off the mark there.

It's a misquote, it holds no bearing. read the rest of the post!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Afraid not.

""God gave Man a brain, so why are we only limited to a third of it? whats blocking us to use it all? "" original post.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The brain is a very intersenting organ of the human body. Even if we go light years away we still do not fully understand the thing that is nearst to us and that is the brain .

The Brain is very complex oragn with millions of nerve and there is the dark matter and grey matter and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Certainly, the brain is the CPU, and it's complexity is unequalled in our bodies. But, ya gotta have heart.
Isaac Newton was very smart, and one of my favourite quotes of his was something like, " If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. "
A self-effacing, humble homage to those who went before.
Einstein, too, said many spiritual, and heartfelt quotes. Their hearts were in it. The heart of Mother Teresa is far more amazing to me than any brain, with Leonardo Da Vinci's brain being my vote for the most advanced one so far.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why do you chose Davinci? I think Einstien had more Brain Power. Davinci was more ahead of his time. I think he was from Atlantis or something.like he was here before and came back. Einstein too! he came here to give Man the plans on blowing himself up!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Like Einstein was from Atlantis and I have read they blew themselves up because they all had to much brain power going on at once, so He came here so we could do it again... what cha think

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would put Tesla, Edison, and Michaelangelo ahead of Albert too. Sure, he made a huge discovery, but these guys were experts in numerous different fields. Da Vinci is my choice because I agreed with the findings of a study that attempted to compare history's great thinkers. Victor Hugo was no slouch, and Winston Churchill was pretty bright too. But if I remember correctly this system they created to compare minds divided intelligence into 105 areas. They said everybody is likely to be a genius in one of these areas. A modern day defined genius was said to be adept in five. Da Vinci was at the leading edge of 27 I think, or close to it. There are a lot of very smart people in history, and comparing them is like trying to determine if Mike Tyson could have beaten Muhammed Ali in boxing, or if Ali would have beaten Marciano, or if Marciano could have beat Dempsey.
It is nearly impossible to say for sure. Many of histories great geniuses are virtually unheard of.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And I believe that time is an illusion, so the idea of someone going from one date to another is not at all impossible to me. Marianne Williamson said that God exists in eternity, and the only place where eternity and time meet are the present, so the present is the only time there is.
I agree. It is my conclusion, whacky as it may sound, I know, that time, all of time, the past and future, all only exist in the moment. Now is all there is. I have my reasons for concluding this, and it was not my preference to decide to disagree with our arbitrarily created concept of linear time, I was compelled to by events that I needed to find an acceptable explanation for, and simultaneous, instantaneous, all inclusive present time is the best of the lot that I have thought of or read so far. There are some who feel that Mrs. Einstein was a key contributor to the theory of relativity, and that she just stayed in the background and let Albert explain their theory to the world. Still, Einstein is one of my all time heroes. More admired by me than Da Vinci is by far, for his spiritual quotes, not his brain.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The people you had mention in your post. why are there not people like this today. or do you think we have discovered everything there is to discover?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I had heard this too. She was the one that helped him. well put it this way, they both togather discovered what they give him credit for. she had a big part in this. I watch this show on History channel maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join