It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best solar power panels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am starting a solar power project. I am appealing to anyone with solar power experience to answer my simple question. Which solar panel on the market is the best buy?

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Silent Professional]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
U.S DOE has came up with ones that are 4 times better than anything out there. So I doubt they would sell them. A company called NanoSolar produces very thin yet very good solar cells, I think you can buy some. They've even gotten a contract from DARPA.

NanoSolar

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It all depends on your size and juice requirements.

Here is a good selection by brand, wattage, and price.
www.affordable-solar.com...

Efficiency is going up since manufacturers are using more and more of the semiconductor grade silicon and because of this prices are starting to go up because of demand on raw materials. So figure out what you need soon before you're priced right out of your project.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Do you think it would be economically viable to set up a small business selling solar panels to domestic customers, or is the technology not quite there yet?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I plan to start small. My project is to power two 40W flourescent lights in my shop during the day. I am only in the shop during the day and I plan on doing this with out batteries. Using only a power regulator. Solar power panel are affordable. It is deep cell batteries that costly. So I need an array that will generate 100 to 120 Watts at 24 volts.

I would love to experience with a hydrogen fuel cell. But a cell is like a bee hive. As long as the public does not know you have it, you are okay. But as soon as they discover it, the local government will outlaw them as a public danger.

top topics

join